Anyone want to design a ToJ logo?

Maybe if i knew what tranzor red was... runs off to Google.. :eek:

It's one of my incomprehensible Gerbilisms, it doesn't exist on the web... yet. Tranzor Z was the edited American version of Mazinger Z. Tranzor Z was like Voltron's freeloading, stupider, half brother that no one wanted to talk about (yes I know giant robots didn't start with Voltron). Also any giant robot watcher knows parts often shoot out of assorted landmarks to form the giant robot. The lion's mouth on that cliff looks like a place the "red" part could launch from. Power Rangers 101 says the red part is always the most important.

Random thought: They could have omitted 10 minutes of the show if they just had Voltron form the blazing sword at the start of the big battles.

Last edited:
TRIPLE POST MERGE!

Post #1:
So far, I must admit I like Lloren's logo the best. Seeing it on the side of a mountain didn't hurt, either.

What do you all think?

EDIT: And just to clarify: I liked the logo Rev. Jim's team came up with as well, but I tend to prefer simpler art for logos. Just a personal preference. I'm grateful for every bit of help offered to ToJ! :)

Post #2:
We also have the awesome original lion art (which you can see here, but pay no mind to the CafePress watermark) that a former member designed.

And yes, that art is available on boxers.

The lion art linked above would be (and is and was) awesome for wallpapers, but a design like Lloren's may be better suited to forum logos and such.

Also, I feel like an absolute heel for forgetting who designed the art we use on the current ToJ web site and ToJ wallpapers. :(

EDIT: I don't think I have the base logo art used in the wallpapers linked above, either. :(

Post #3:
Lloren: Would you mind creating and uploading a 184x184 version of your logo? I'd like to see how it looks as a logo on our Steam community page.

Last edited:
I couldn't resist and whipped this up in some spare time this morning. I'm not much of an idea/concept man, but if someone else has an idea I can implement to a certain degree.

Hopefully the link works. . .

LINK

I couldn't resist and whipped this up in some spare time this morning. I'm not much of an idea/concept man, but if someone else has an idea I can implement to a certain degree.

Hopefully the link works. . .

LINK
Sweeeeeet.

Maybe we should contact the original logo creator and ask him if he minds if we use the logo for our site.

We may need to come up with a different logo for product art, though. It doesn't seem right to help raise funds using art someone else designed.

Lloren you are on to something there. The other is ok, but lacks that certain something. 8 biting it was really different too. Only my 1/2 cents worth. And I really like Patriots take on it too.

Last edited:
I'm not a graphic design person. I am using a stencil from this guy :

http://beraka.deviantart.com/art/Jah-Lion-Stencil-138216529

He marked it as royalty free to use for whatever.

Attached an 184x184. As a horizontal layout there is a bunch of "wasted" space on top and bottom. I did a different style for square images. Just a concept.

I like that Lion logo. I'm currently working on something that you can hold in your hand ;) Stay tuned.

Here's what I've been working on. I took the Lion logo & vectorized it on a CAD program. Using a waterjet , I cut it on 1/4 inch smoked acrylic. Here's 2 pictures. It's 10 inches in diameter.

DSC02868.jpg

DSC02869.jpg

My next project is to cut it on a circuit board.

Here's what I've been working on. I took the Lion logo & vectorized it on a CAD program. Using a waterjet , I cut it on 1/4 inch smoked acrylic. Here's 2 pictures. It's 10 inches in diameter.

DSC02868.jpg

DSC02869.jpg

My money doesn't fit in the cd slot. :/

http://i818.photobucket.com/albums/zz103/EchoDelta71/DSC02868.jpg

http://i818.photobucket.com/albums/zz103/EchoDelta71/DSC02869.jpg

That...is awesome.

That's the kind of thing I'd like to hang on my front door and designate my home the Tribe of Judah Command Center.

I thought your home WAS the Tribe of Judah Command Center
Only unofficially. With an awesome front door decoration like that, we could finally make it official.

Thanks for all the compliments. Currently I'm working on incorporating the TOJ name into the logo taking Lloren's suggestions into account.

Only unofficially. With an awesome front door decoration like that, we could finally make it official.

I'll work on something for you Tek :)

BTW, this was done at work. I wish I had the waterjet at home :D Being on light-duty due to my hand is providing more time to use it.

Back