Atheistic morals

Whon said:
you know I read all this and all I keep hearing in the back of my head is that this relates to the old question... If God can do anything, can he make an objective so heavy that he himself could not lift it?

God can not do that which is not in his nature to do.

God can not sin, it is not in his nature to do.
God will always be faithful, this is his nature.
God can not create something greater then himself.
God can not be reconciled to you if you reject him.

So, you are saying the Christ didn't take on the burden of sin for the whole world, just for a select few? So ... I am a christian, one of the "elect" if you will. So we are in agreement that Christ died for my sins, correct? So what if I fall away from Christ, what if I backslide and start living a life full of sin ... did Christ not die for my sins anymore? Do I go to heaven even though I've been living the life full of sin - if that's the case, then anyone can go to heaven, because as YOU insinuated, Christ can cover ANY sin, correct?

If you are indeed a true Christian, then God will bring you back to repentance before your death/His Second Coming. And Christ did die for the sins commited during the time of backsliding.

I know this is off topic, but dark virtue you remind of this other guy i know that was named dark primus on another forum. just interesting that some atheists have similar names.

Hmmmm said:
I know this is off topic, but dark virtue you remind of this other guy i know that was named dark primus on another forum. just interesting that some atheists have similar names.

I was never a fan of Primus :)

I hear the "dark" stuff all the time. So, since you probably have no clue what Dark Virtue is, let me educate you...

Can you hold fast your crescent soul and not let it wander
can you make your breath as soft as a baby's
can you wipe your Dark Mirror free of dust
can you love people and lead them without imposing your will? can you serve and govern without effort
can you be the female at Heaven's Gate
can you light up the world without knowledge
beget things and keep them
but beget without possessing
keep without controlling
this is Dark Virtue

This is from Red Pine's translation of the Taoteching

Assuming all Atheists are the same is like assuming a Protestant is the same as a Catholic.

Back