Awkward Position

I think the difference is just that everyone's emotions are high right now. People are posting things they wouldn't normally post, and people are taking them more offensively now than they would at other times.

It seems like few people are trying to help the situation, and most are either dragging it on or they inadvertantly make it worse.

Plankeye is trying to help the situation, not hurt it.

My opinion is that we are being overly Cencered right now.... If I say something out of your line ..then I will get slapped with the isinuation to go over to the dunces corner...... To this I present the question ...why does this action make Redeemed attractive for me to want to stay?

On a secondary note about that, if that still does not work and people here continue to bait/flame/be rude to each other, I will request that this forum become fully moderated until such time as me and/or Tek determines that it doesn't need to be fully modded.

Following along in the lines of this thread to see that you and Tek will determine if it needs to be fully moderated is why Gestapo was linked. The involvement of Tek is a part of what has caused all of this to go down. So let's reverse the situation, if I were the Mod and I stated what you just said but replace that with me an/or Goblit determines.... Hence Gestapo, which is accurate. How can we have open conversation when one side of this argument is represented by folk in positions of authority in these forums and the other needs to just take it.

The love I am referring to is that no one seems to be able to comment on this without the flaming. This has build upon itself and needs to cool off. This is between the members and officers of Redeemed and the mambers and officers of Sanctification. After Tek's statement of backing off and allowing us to handle the situation it needs to be that way. I have no issue with Redeemed members moderating this forum because they have the best interest of all involved at heart. Again not flamming but giving another perspective. And by that I mean one not represented by the ToJ moderators that are involved.

If we are to show we are mature enough to handle things on our own these things need to change right now:

1. Members of Redeemed and Sanctification need to be willing to submit to the authority we are willing to submit to on these boards. That being the current Redeemed officership.

2. The current Redeemed Officership has to be come more transperant with their dealings with the membership on these boards. That means direct contact with the membership. If that means a thread has to be locked down, then a PM should be sent to a member explaining why the thread is being locked down and what needs to be changed to have it reopened...and then reopen it.

If we want to show we are capable of policing ourselves, lets start, right now.

That's a good observation and advice, GP.

Also, we should be considerate of our opinions of others. If my wife disagrees with me, or has a difference of opinion, I don't go around telling her she's probably a part of the 'KKK'. The difference of opinion I can understand, but name calling is a little absurd.

Again, I encourage everyone to act out of compassion, consideration, and patience.

I would say the same things in your shoes .......But how ,when and where can a person express themselves . where at can I say : "I dont like what you are saying ...or what your saying about me... or this is my difference of oppinion." ?
You can say that, as long as it doesn't drop into aggressive (for lack of a better word) terms and phraseology. And if someone is saying bad things about you, report the post and let a mod deal with it.

My opinion is that we are being overly Cencered right now.... If I say something out of your line ..then I will get slapped with the isinuation to go over to the dunces corner...... To this I present the question ...why does this action make Redeemed attractive for me to want to stay?
I can admit that hte mods are paying a lot of attention to this forum, mainly because there's a lot of tempers flaring/feelings getting hurt here right now. And once this calms down, then that attention will fall away.

Following along in the lines of this thread to see that you and Tek will determine if it needs to be fully moderated is why Gestapo was linked. The involvement of Tek is a part of what has caused all of this to go down. So let's reverse the situation, if I were the Mod and I stated what you just said but replace that with me an/or Goblit determines.... Hence Gestapo, which is accurate. How can we have open conversation when one side of this argument is represented by folk in positions of authority in these forums and the other needs to just take it.
If you were the mod, then I'd abide by the decision. I'm not above having open conversations, where things stay calm and reasonable (much like we're doing in this thread now). The reason I included Tek in that list is because since he is the leader of ToJ he can overrule my decisions regarding the forums. Basically as far as ToJ is concerned, he's my boss and the one I take orders from.

The love I am referring to is that no one seems to be able to comment on this without the flaming. This has build upon itself and needs to cool off. This is between the members and officers of Redeemed and the mambers and officers of Sanctification. After Tek's statement of backing off and allowing us to handle the situation it needs to be that way. I have no issue with Redeemed members moderating this forum because they have the best interest of all involved at heart. Again not flamming but giving another perspective. And by that I mean one not represented by the ToJ moderators that are involved.
ah. and yes, that is part of the problem, and why Plankeye is threatening to become draconian in his moderating. And I have to disagree slightly with who you say it's between. Because I don't see it that way. I see a problem between users of the forums.

Tek stated that he was backing away because he doesn't have time to micromanage every chapter within ToJ. But ultimately this is the FORUMS and it is my job to make sure that everyone is playing nicely on the Tribe of Judah's forums. Please don't forget that this is not a general WoW forum or even specifically Redeemed's WoW forums. This is a forum for the Tribe of Judah's WoW Chapter. If the ToJ WoW chapter has multiple guilds, then these forums belong to all of those guilds.

Dukatt said:
I have no issue with Redeemed members moderating this forum because they have the best interest of all involved at heart.
Do you really believe that I don't have the best interest of all involved at heart? Do you think that just because I don't play WoW itself that I don't care what happens in the forums?

I would like to commend Kidan. He is one of the only TOJ staffers outside Redeemed to ever show me any kind of support. He helped immensly with me posting my letter in the public forums and sent me a PM telling me all the ways he could support me if I chose to do so without me having to even ask him for help. I beleive him and Plankeye when they say they are just trying to keep us from hurting each other. Thank you Kidan.

You are correct, I am being forced to overly censor posts I would normally let go. The situation has dictated that course of action as everyone is still coming to the threads swinging.

I do not think of anyone as a dunce, but there are a lot of people very upset and are answering out of pure anger which is never a way to present an argument as it always comes out wrong to the other side. It is very much like one of those family shows where the kids rule the roost because the parents are to passive. Well, I am the nanny coming in to clean up. I may butt some heads but my intent is for the broken family to become whole again once issues worked through and resolved.

I belive you care what happens not only in these forums but probably in our hearts also. I do not want to be treated like im a child ...which I do not think it is what is happening here right now . I also no not think that Dukatt was out of line in his statment of feeling like this was a Gestapo! Thats exactly what i thought at the time when he said it.

Because we are expressing ourselves and sharing that with you ..and I think in a decent way .....doesn't mean that we are not submitting ourselves to the the Authority that be. And I resent that, if that is was what was being insinuated. I think this has been a very good conversation ...please do not come in and start strong arming us.

I would like to say that eveything I have said is not in a malicious manner. I do not wish anyone hard feelings but it is in my nature to call it how I see it. First by stating that something is Gestapo, I am not stating that you are part of the third reich, so the comment of the KKK stuff is off basis.

The getapo insinuation is there to make you and everyone aware that at least one person reading this thread is feeling that things in the forums was and is being policed on behalf of an organization that some people are having a hard time dealing with. You are not Nazi's nor would I ever think that of you.

Bottom line for me is this:

1. I will respect the authority of those who run these forums if things are fair to all people who post here.

2. I will try my best to not come to the forums ready to fight and more ready to bring peace.

3. I agree that people in the leadership positions need to communicate better , with each other and with the rest of us.

Peace be with us all.

Just a comment, kinda said earlier in this thread.

Redeemed is ToJ's, right? I haven't heard much of anything from the guild leaders other than a little bit. And now moderator's who don't even play WoW have to police. Where are those responsible for Redeemed? Silence... Or well, they aren't moderators.

Yes, ToJ has a WoW chapter. Redeemed is one of the guilds in that chapter.

The moderators of this forum are CGamer, Plankeye, Kidan

CGamer is the Guild Leader of Redeemed.
Plankeye has been an active officer in Redeemed for a long time, but is currently on hiatus from WoW. (though he still helps out a lot in web based work and forum moderating)
Kidan does not play WoW. (I think)

when you refer to
Where are those responsible for Redeemed?
what do you mean? Cgamer is in the game every day as his toons Gnimish/Alhana <redeemed> and Theon <sanctification> Are you asking for more forum time from him maybe? Or from any <redeemed> officer in general? Or ToJ officers? Or all of the above lol!

I am not sure I understand your question either. Redeemed and the Forums are two different arenas (not entities). The people Responsible for ingame actions arent necessarily responsible for the forums.

Dukatt - And those three bulleted items is all that we're asking you to do. I know I don't want (and I can't imagine Plankeye does either) to be draconian in our moderating of the forums, and we most assuredly don't want to make these forums fully moderated. But we also needed to let those that frequent these forums know that that is where we'll end up going IF the tension levels don't decrease. Now I had hoped that you weren't calling me a Gestapo, but it is those types of random comments which can and do lead to hurt feelings and increased tensions.

Just a comment, kinda said earlier in this thread.

Redeemed is ToJ's, right? I haven't heard much of anything from the guild leaders other than a little bit. And now moderator's who don't even play WoW have to police. Where are those responsible for Redeemed? Silence... Or well, they aren't moderators.

Redeemed is one of the WoW Guilds which is ran by the ToJ WoW Chapter...Redeemed is not the entire WoW chapter.

Your chapter leader is CGamer (if memory serves).

The Moderators for the ToJ WoW Forums are:
CGamer, Plankeye and myself.

Ewoksrule:
No I don't play WoW, but I am a ToJ Officer (as lead Forum Moderator).

Im thankful to the moderators for doing their job. Ive been moderator of plenty of forums and IRC channels back in the day and its a very tough job. I know a lot of things have been said in the heat of the moment and when that goes back and forth a few times it just gets more heated and luckily we have mods to step in and cool us down when we need it because I know none of us here want to hurt one another. The option to give the person a PM who you think might be stepping out of line and a warning will also go a lot further than just deleting threads and locking them down. Sometimes the last 2 have a way of igniting even more fire when emotions are high already. We are all adults here lets start acting like it and get this stuff sorted out so we can go back to what we come here to do, have fun with friends, play the game, relax and just enjoy it as a game, not make it a soap opera.

I am fairly new to the Guild (Reedemed). Even so, I have a bond with all of you that is stronger than blood, because we are children of God. I write this in that context.

I believe the main problem here is that people here feel like their 1st Amendment rights are being trampled. But they must remember, this is private property, not a community park. I can't go to work and flame at my boss and expect to keep my job any more than we can expect to come on here and sow disscord without it being censored. We all need to remember that there is always a possibility of non-Christians coming on here and reading these posts. What do you think they would think of Christians in general if they read these forums?

I will be honest; I have no idea what started this whole thing, nor do I want to. I do know that I have played with people from both Guilds, and I've truly enjoyed it. Everyone is very helpful and that is something you normally don't see in this game. What I pray for is that we will remember that, and also never forget that we are brothers and sisters in Christ, and that we are not edifying God with our words.

Back