BIBLE STUDY!!!

yeah i wanted to close in prayer, i had opened in prayer but i had to go to bed. yall feel free to pray or open or close in prayer, but yeah, God is awesome and he showed that last night.
Joey.

I went to a guild hall but didn't see the people I was seeing on TeamSpeak - I must have gone to SOE instead of SoE.

Learning - always learning. Next time I'll know.

yeah i wanted to close in prayer, i had opened in prayer but i had to go to bed. yall feel free to pray or open or close in prayer, but yeah, God is awesome and he showed that last night.
Joey.

I wanted to close in prayer but someone was giving their testimony and it lasted for longer than a half hour. Perhaps we should have a formal time of closing, or else limit a person's sharing after Bible study to 10 minutes (if they are going to speak without taking a pause or let others comment)? Just a thought. Because I have experienced through various Bible studies in the past that there is this strange phenomena: something always happens to prevent prayer from happening. Yet prayer is so important and we all get blessed so much by doing it.

[*edit*: This sounded rude and I didn't intend it that way. I just meant that the sharing of the testimony went on for so long without the opportunity for me to say, "Let's pray" because I had to leave the chat and was afraid to interrupt. Sorry if I offended or sounded rude.]

Last edited:
I went to a guild hall but didn't see the people I was seeing on TeamSpeak - I must have gone to SOE instead of SoE.

Learning - always learning. Next time I'll know.

Yeah, for some reason I also end up in SOE rather than SoE, even when I click on SoE under the guild menu. I learned the hard way that it works better to double click on SoE under the guild menu (rather than click once on SoE, then click the button "go to guild hall"). You know you are in the right place if you see the words Wizards Isle or something like that appear on the screen. The environment is different too. The SOE guild hall has an oriental/Japanese theme. The SoE hall is more medieval looking, I guess you could say. I have goofed around just visiting all the different alliance halls to get familiar with them. I guess it's a good thing to do to get familiar with the process which for some reason is tricky.

Since I can't get at a computer I will have to miss this next bible study as well...
Hopefully This will be the last one I have to miss.
God Bless
Mist

Since I can't get at a computer I will have to miss this next bible study as well...
Hopefully This will be the last one I have to miss.
God Bless
Mist

Are we having a Bible study today? (Monday August 13th?) I'll be there!

[*edit*] I missed it by an hour and some minutes. bummer!

Last edited:
I don't have a mic at the office so I couldn't participate verbally. I did type in some comments - but I'm not sure they came through. I also went to both guild halls and couldn't find anyone there. Is there a meeting place for the Bible study other than the TeamSpeak window?

I don't have a mic at the office so I couldn't participate verbally. I did type in some comments - but I'm not sure they came through. I also went to both guild halls and couldn't find anyone there. Is there a meeting place for the Bible study other than the TeamSpeak window?

Now I really wish I had remembered to attend the Bible study on time (pacific time = 5:30 p.m.). I only remembered after 6:30 p.m., so I turned on teamspeak and went to the guild hall (SoE) around 6:45 or 6:50 p.m. I didn't see anyone in the guild hall but I could hear 2 people chatting about GW things in the Bible study channel of teamspeak. So I am guessing that people who attended the Bible study didn't go to the guild hall this past Monday night. But had I been on time, you would have seen me there. Sorry about that! If you see me online (add me to your friends list on GW), then feel free to send me a whisper anytime. I can even meet you at the Guild Hall to show you how cool it is when other people are there. People should be in there tonight because it's PvP night, if you are interested in that.

I'll add your characters to my friends list. Is Tir Zah pre-searing?

I got a microphone this week so I can participate in Bible study on Monday the 20th. I'm looking forward to seeing all the regulars there.

sorry guys... i was so excited about this Bible study yet i never got to come... I've been moving this summer so everything is in Chaos. Is it still on Monday nights at 5:30.... well.... East Coast time now... it is at 8:30 EST time? right?

Rubber Duckie, you still leading it? and i'm sorry i missed that one night i think you did it on a minor prophet I REALLY wanted to hear on... but... i moved teh weekend before that so i didn't get to come... but anyways... yes, Joey still leading it? and is there a current topic in which i can read before hand?

I'll add your characters to my friends list. Is Tir Zah pre-searing?

I got a microphone this week so I can participate in Bible study on Monday the 20th. I'm looking forward to seeing all the regulars there.

Cool. Look forward to hearing your input. I'm going to try to be at the Bible study tonight. Thanks for adding me. Tir Zah is pre-searing but Mahlah Leone is post. See you online!

gah! At the grandparents house for dinner, so i missed it, hope you had fun tho :)

The Bible study was good tonight. I'd like to take the opportunity to thank ducky (Joey?) for all the hard work and faithfulness to do the Bible studies.

I also thought I'd mention that I think it would be cool if people would introduce themselves as far as what their forum names are because I see people in the Bible study and can't make the connection to who they are in the forum. Well it's an idea, anyhow. Guild Wars doesn't have Name Tags function yet: ("Hi, my name is Soozun")

you get used to making connections between handles. Took me a while to know most people. and it helps when you get just one in-game name down cause then you can just add them to ur Friends list and if they are ever on a different character you can check ur Friends list.. or something like that, it gets easier as time goes on. You'll get it!

sorry, the time did not work for me this week either, anyway, hope to be there next week, and thanks ducky for all the work.

well thank yall but also thank God for speaking, on other notes last night was my last night. we all knew it would happen, SCHOOL!!!! and so because of this cruel punishment i will more than likely not be able to find the time to do the Bible studies anymore. if anyone is interested i guess just let Derk know and post it and what topic you will do, i will try and still show up anyway, thanks again yall.
Joey.

*cry* school *cry* yes... of course... the one thing that can pull people away from what we love... YET... it is good for us...

Back