Can Christians Curse?

What I see is an unhealthy and unnatural fixation for nailing people to things and for ensuring that somebody, anybody, feels pain in order to atone for arbitary sins.

What I see is that God became man and let man crucify him in order to atone the inherited sins for those that not only believe in him, but for those who don't believe in him as well.

Dark Virtue said:
Let's go back and look at your post then:

Your two situations are VERY different. One is an accident, the other is when he is fully in control. The hammer incident could have occured when he was alone, the other was when he was in front of his disciples.

You can't compare the two.

I can compare the two because I do believe in the divinity of Jesus Christ. I do believe that Jesus was perfect before the dawn of time, maintains his perfection during our understanding of time, and remains perfect into eternity. But you on the other hand, don't believe he ever exsisted muchless was ever perfect.

Eon said:
What I see is an unhealthy and unnatural fixation for nailing people to things and for ensuring that somebody, anybody, feels pain in order to atone for arbitary sins.

You may see sin and God's law as unreasonable or arbitrary, but the fact is, the Bible is clear what sin is, and the law condemns all of us because of our sin. For there is none righteous, no not one (Rom. 3:10) and it was the Father who sent the Son to be the propitiation (1 John 4:10) for all (1 John 2:2). For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord (Rom. 6:23).

What you see as unhealthy and unnatural is clearly an illustration of God's love and grace shown towards men consumed by their total depravity.

Watcher said:
He cried out, "Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani?" -- which means: "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?" (Matthew 27:46; Mark 15:34).

Some have puzzled over Jesus' seeming doubt. Was He really afraid? Had His Father truly deserted Him during the hour of His greatest need?

Jesus was quoting the first portion of Psalm 22:1, which was the prophecy of the Messiah's suffering and exaltation.

We forget that Jesus was fully God and fully man. He was subject to all the feelings of mind and body that you and I feel. He spoke those words after three hours of darkness had covered the land. He hung on that cross alone and He took our place feeling the pain and anguish that sin causes.

In that darkness and pain, bearing the burden of our sins, He fulfilled the prophecy of Isaiah:

"Surely he took up our infirmities and carried our sorrows, yet we considered Him stricken by God, smitten by Him, and afflicted. But He was pierced for our transgressions, He was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon Him, and by His wounds we are healed. We all, like sheep, have gone astray, each of us has turned his own way; and the Lord has laid on Him the iniquity of us all (Isaiah 53:4-6).

What I see is God's perfect provision. The Lamb of God sent to take away the sin of the world.

Jehovah Jireh!

Thank you for not addressing the point :)

Would someone, ANYONE, mind coherantly describing Christ's perfection?

What does that MEAN?

Sorry for raising the dead, but I wanted to throw in my two cents here.
1) Of all the words that we call 'curse words' only two are actual curses. The D-word and GD. Also, to call them 'swear words' is an improper use of the word swear. To swear means to make a promise.
2) Of these words only three actually offend me as a Christian. The H-word, D-word and GD (And uses of God's name of course). This is because they are used improperly from the meaning that they have to me. I look at the history behind the other words and their meanings and they do not offend me.
3) It is society that has decided that certain words are innapropiate. When the words were first being used, there was nothing wrong with them. But society will always turn good toward bad.
Anyhoo...
*jumps off soapbox*

Dark Virtue said:
Thank you for not addressing the point :)

Would someone, ANYONE, mind coherantly describing Christ's perfection?

What does that MEAN?

Um, ok. Christ is perfect. Hands down. And it means... He is perfect. Yeah. Simple as that... =/

Back