Church Prayer Request and Update.

Praying!

Kahiel: Reading the unfolding story of your church reminded me of the early church. I think there's a common misconception of the church as a group of people with shiny buildings who have it all together, but any time spent reading the New Testament clearly shows the progress of people from varied cultures in different regions working through a wide range of issues with the help of Paul, Peter, and other leaders placed in positions of spiritual authority in the early church. Any time spent involved in a local church proves the same.

(I know, I'm preaching to the choir. :))

I'll be praying for you and your church, that the Lord would guide those in leadership, sustain all members of the congregation as they seek to follow Him more closely, and grant you favor with the various red tape vendors you may meet. :)

Thanks!

I was just thinking another update was in order. :D We had a rummage sale a couple of weeks ago and raised $4,700! In the process, we were selling some of the sound gear from the old space and a guy who just so happens to do drywall finish work professionally was interested in them. The Sr. pastor worked out a deal and he's working weekends and evenings on the church in trade for two of the speakers. Praise God! There is a couple who are getting married here July 7, he is currently out of work (not a financial problem for them at the moment) and his family does drywalling, he's been in cranking out the rest of the walls right now. God is Good. We are hoping to paint by this weekend and then its carpeting time.

Thanks!

I was just thinking another update was in order. :D We had a rummage sale a couple of weeks ago and raised $4,700! In the process, we were selling some of the sound gear from the old space and a guy who just so happens to do drywall finish work professionally was interested in them. The Sr. pastor worked out a deal and he's working weekends and evenings on the church in trade for two of the speakers. Praise God! There is a couple who are getting married here July 7, he is currently out of work (not a financial problem for them at the moment) and his family does drywalling, he's been in cranking out the rest of the walls right now. God is Good. We are hoping to paint by this weekend and then its carpeting time.
It is amazing how God works things out isn't it? :) Praise God.

Well, we're in the home stretch. They installed the carpeting in the sanctuary this week. Last week the tile was laid in the new bathrooms and they were working on painting so the plumbers could install the fixtures. The painting is done except for the new bathrooms and touch-ups here and there. We have a wedding this weekend after that it will be getting all the alarms and security stuff installed. Praise God it's coming together.

Well, I had hoped to be posting Praises and pictures of our grand opening by now. Nothing in our project can go smoothly. The main hold up has been getting things ADA compliant which is more of a mundane tast (installing hand bars etc.) however, we got hit with a biggie. Our previous electrician told us that he could install the fire alarm system and sprinkler system monitoring system himself. Not surprisingly with the inaccuracies in everything else he told us this is not the case (even if he hadn't left the church in a huff). We started taking bids on having the systems installed and found that to get a licensed and properly qualified installer it will cost $25k. On top of that they said that all the installers in the area are at least three weeks out from starting new work and it will take another two weeks to install the system.

God has overcome all the previous hurdles He will overcome this one as well. Pray for us as we continue to seek God's direction through all of this and pray for God's continued provision.

We had our first final inspection on Tuesday. The sprinkler system and fire alarms all worked perfectly. However, we still failed. Someone fouled up along the line and the county didn't get our final plans. That should be taken care of but we also have to get all new hardware for our doors (the stuff we bought wasn't up to code apparently...) which will cost another 3k. We can get another inspection on Thursday so we have some work to get done before then. Please pray for our Pastor who is taking this very personally and getting very anxious over the whole thing and for the inspectors to be gracious and merciful in their inspection.

Follow-up inspection today. Pray for Pastor Ed, he's under a lot of stress right now as well as the inspector and construction leaders.

Praise God! We celebrated our first worship service in our new Sanctuary. I found a slide show I had made almost a year to the day which I ran at the beginning of the service to show how far we've come.

2013-10-27 10.59.26.jpg

I am going to close out this thread by asking for prayer for our Grand Opening. We are attempting a "full court press" getting the word out and trying to get everyone to invite their friends and neighbors to our Grand Opening this weekend. It is my prayer that through the attention we are getting the Jesus would be lifted up and God would be glorified!

Back