Competition Team Offical Tryout Info

we are still on for Friday November 21st @ 9pm EST

Meet in IRC #toj-cs @ 8:45. If you don't have access to IRC just join the CS server @ 9pm.

Currently on the mailing list for the competition team -
Goose62
4t0p
Whon
Plankeye
DeadAim
GodSoldier (let me know if thats your ToJ name)

guys at the moment I have quite a bit going on (no surprise) and my computer is in the process of being built (yes I bit the bullet, its gonna be sweet!) so....

if anyone would like to assist, all i need you to do is be talking this up. Feel free to spam IM's of those you know have played CS with us in the past.

We'd love to have so large a group that we have to break you guys into multiple sessions for tryouts, so lets see if we can strive for that.

And of course all you old school A Teamers, get ahold of your fellow old school A Teamers and see if they still have what it takes to hold off some of this next generation skill.

Lets talk this up, have some fun, and get serious about the possibilities of our competition team....16 days and counting.

contact me for more info or to be added to the competition team mailing list.

exodus@toj.cc

Exo, I fixed your news post so that it will show up on the Half Life and Counter Strike pages. Make sure when you are filling it out you select from the Chapter and Subchapter drop down boxes.

Thanks for the update.

whoops, sorry about that, thanks for the fix.

I assumed by putting nothing it would show up everywhere
smile.gif

I wrote the news system so everything filters up from the lowest level. So submitting a news item for the Counter Strike sub chapter will show up on three pages. The counter strike subchapter page, the Half-Life chapter page and finally the main news page. Although, it would be a good idea to have global news items that show up on everyones news. I'll look into it.

Plankeye, our StarCraft website was back to the old one. It isn't identical any more. Same with a few chapters. Any chance to fix it?

want to be: Goosifier

Get to play? if u mean try out, it's at the beginning of this topic. If u mean play with Fls, well.. u'll hav to be in the Competition teams. That means you HAVE to make it in the team.

Also, it may depend how soon Fls will have a team. I hope we do soon, but first we must make sure our website is complete. we're about 65% done
smile.gif

It is now setup with the same template as the other Chapters. I still have some sub pages to convert and will get to that as time permits. To get news to show up on the page, make sure you login to the Main Menu and submit your news through there.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (LionOfJudah @ Nov. 06 2003,1:20)]poopy man i fly back in at like 10.... man i wanted to get on and show all my noobness!!!
hehe

Don't worry Lion, i hear that they will have another extra-date for tryouts for those who can't make. Meanwhile, email Exo so he can get u in the mailing list
smile.gif

Is there any on-going debate as to what league the team is going to play in? or is it decided that it will be Caleague? ugs is looking mighty good as a league overall recently with the decisions on the shield that came from both leagues ...

I hope you guys take it slow in the league play. I am going to be honest with you and most you know that CAL-O and UGS-O aren't what they use to be with the many reformed teams out there. I think with a team this young and the lack of experince you may want to start out in a lower league than CAL.

Notes Also: All players trying out that are on other teams that are in CAL/UGS cannot play in matches (they will probably be your better players too.) I haven't seen many PUB all-stars be good in scrims. Thats just experince talking though.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (ToJ | Dead_Aim @ Nov. 07 2003,11:42)]Notes Also: All players trying out that are on other teams that are in CAL/UGS cannot play in matches (they will probably be your better players too.) I haven't seen many PUB all-stars be good in scrims. Thats just experince talking though.
Good point about the players on other teams but why would they tryout?

PUB all-stars can make for a good scrim team I currently pub on TDS and go get pugs with those guys all the time and we usually win cal-im scrims at least thats what we ask to play im sure it's a lot of cal-o kids trying to be cool that we end up playing though =o ~ being in a pub and a scrim are vastly different though but good players are good players and smart players are smart players and if you're both your fine in both pubs and scrims =D

lol i just want to try out to see how noobish i really am, i mean unless we want the 1337est pinger in toj to play on CAL with a ping anywhere from 150-15,000. LOL

lol...

John, i think i'll put u in one of the 1v1 team for Fls.. we get to watch your ub3r 1337 skillz
tounge.gif
i think you'd like that.

I understand your cercumstances Micah (alias, DeadAim) that you have way more knowledge and skills compared to some of us, yet I think every beginner, including you, learned a lot by pubbing, and sometimes mearly watching, or playing with/against other players who were better then you. This is my personal thoughts for all, but i do not think any one here should discourage people from pubbing. Our ToJ server is a public server, and what'll happen to it if people were discouraged from pubbing? (for some new players, Pubbing means just playing on Public servers). Everyone was a nub once
smile.gif
and some of us are still
tounge.gif

Back