curator strat

It is recommended for ranged dps to stay on the curator while melee takes the flares. We just need to have adequate melee dps.

Also,when the 10th flare pops we should only have one dps on it and all others dps should focus on the curator.

Another thing to remember is that if the fight exceeds 12 minutes it is almost an instant wipe as the curator goes into a beserk stage. But it is uncommon for the fight to last longer than 8 minutes.

Anyone who has done curator has said bring the flares down THEN dps curator. until we can bring the flares down faster, all dps needs to be on flares.

bringing down 1 flare should be a matter of everyone hitting it about once or twice..one cast spell and an instant.

so, if the flares are not coming down, theres no reason to dps curator because the flares will wipe us :)

I would also suggest bringing your own Major Arcane Protection Potion which Rueage can make for you. The mats are:

Primal Mana
3 Mana Thistle
5 Imbued Vials

This makes a stack of 5 (stacks of 5 is how they are made)

Ive been giving people potions, but its with mats ive farmed or bought and its getting expensive!! lol

"you" didn't mean you specifically :) It should be a requirement for the boss. People need to come equip and prepared.

Right now I think we have 2 issues. First one is focus and I say that only because it takes so long and the second issue will solve the first one I believe. The second issue is DPS. We are just not DPSing them down quick enough.

We need to kill the flares in half the time. It should only take us 5 - 8 seconds to kill them. When we get to 10 seconds we get the next flare.

I would like to try doing the same thing as last week except have Daire tanking. Angus has the Arcanoweave boots and bracers. Once I get the mats I will get the robe also. I also got the Arcane resistant cloak as well. I will be handing Rueage the mats for the pot. The gear will give me a nice AR rating.

I've also sent you a few items to buff your stam & AR. Btw, I've got almost all the mats for a pair of the Soulcloth Gloves. Do you want me to make them for you?

With respect to focusing on the flares, I understand people are having problems with a macro to target them. If you also have an issue with tab targeting (may have been solved by the latest patch), then make a macro to "/assist Xandar" or whomever is the designated targeter. This worked a lot in our pre-TBC raids where one person was the designated targeter and everyone would smash his target. Unfortunately I wasn't with you last week, but from discussions it sounds like the problem existed then too. See you tonight!

One thing i just read on wowwiki was to have a daire in DPS gear while in bear form using lacerate and maul to gain quick aggro on the flares.

Blu told us last night that he spams....uhm... whatever the high threat warlock spell is... and usually gets agro before the flare gets to the intended target.

Searing Pain, 1.5 sec cast. It should be bread and butter for most warlocks when attacking flares. The 2.5 sec cast on Shadow Bolt is often just too long.

One thing i just read on wowwiki was to have a daire in DPS gear while in bear form using lacerate and maul to gain quick aggro on the flares.

I knew i would make it into wow wiki..

thanks john!! :)maybe tonight he will go down

Back