Do we want to take advantage of the free server transfer?

Do you want to move servers?

• Yes

Votes: 11 61.1%
  • No

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Indifferent

Votes: 5 27.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah-I logged on at 8:15 est-queue was 550; I had to restart my 'puter & relog on at like 8:30 est and it was 750 queue. It's craziness

Which raises a question--should we consider transferring? (Note that our target is same time zone and same rule set--Pacific vanilla.)

When Plankeye first posted the information, I did consider the thought of changing servers. . . I'm not sure if that is the best thing for MSC at this time. Assuming that other people will be transfering servers which will reduce the activity on Cenarius back down to normal there shouldn't be a problem. Please feel free to post any discussion on this topic.

IMPORTANT!!!

High population servers will all soon undergo a split if population does not decrease due to transfers. Some servers (like Thunderhorn) have over 2000 queues at some times, yeah I know. They are preparing for a split, I am not sure how it works, and I don't know anything about it, and just know that the guild I am in on Thunderhorn is preparing us for it. Just throwing this info out to you... Have fun and God Bless!!!

If we were to switch, the decision would have to be me made extremely quickly so that everyone had several days to switch as it is only open until 1/23.

I am probably against a switch at this time given that Cenarius is a low pop horde server as is. Might be even worse going to a new server.

I can see both sides, but from past experience, a lot of guilds refuse to move thinking "Well, everyone else is going to..." and then usually only individuals move. Usually the mega guilds don't move.

The new server might be a low pop server on both sides, so it may actually be more equal as far as Alli/Horde.

Having said that, I could go either way. *shrug*

EDIT: Some stats from http://www.warcraftrealms.com/

Cenarius 12/04 PST PVE 12,799 Alliance (58%) 9,391 Horde (42%) 2.5 : 1 = 22,190 Total

No info yet on Blade's Edge

Last edited:
Yea Blade's Edge is up for us to move to, given the uneven horde/alliance and the long wait time, I believe I would like to move over to Blade's Edge, it would give us a fresh start on a new server which would be nice for us all. Since the core base of MSC is around 20 people right now, That is on, on a regular basis. I wouldn't mind seeing some new faces on Blade's Edge.

I too have to agree with the transfer since I like to get my RL friend to come on Blade's Edge. Also Cenarius has been know to have technical problems in the past and who knows maybe we can find some new members on this server too.

My main concern is lossing ppl in the transfer. People who miss the free transfer or just don't want to transfer due to personal reasons. I'll be placing a poll. Please vote ASAP so we can make a decision. We can also talk about it on the fishing trip. The poll is not to see what we will do. It is to get a feel for what the guild as a whole wants to do.

IF we decide to move better make it fast because Blizzard will stop accepting moves once the server becomes close to full. Last Guild Server that I was on had alot of issuses but finally got them fixed. :D :rolleyes:

This might be oppotunity to start fresh again. When I come on to Cenarius (after waiting in quene of course) all I could see online is either one or two people. If we come over to Blade's Edge it could bring some attention to MSC and maybe people might play the horde again. There is also the possibility that we could find new members on this new server.

before the huge queue started there were usually about 6 people online at a time which was really good. I am actually concerned that our active members would go down and not up by switching servers.

v. I have found that in the last few months the number of members of MSC I have seen online at one time has increased a good amount. Normally I would have gotten on and seen only 1 person, if any online. Now I get on and see 3-7 guild members on line at the same time. The guild interaction seems to be good as well while online. I even see people online in the morning before I go to work, which I never saw before. It’s really exciting. *While I play a lot, other players are more casual (and that’s great for them). What I worry about is the same as NotAshamed. If we move, these casual players may be lost in the move, especially due to the short time we have to decide. I see growth in our guild, and I like it. As other people move off this server onto the other new server the queues may get better because of it. I also think that the queue will get better on its own after a little while for other reasons.
BC just came out, so a lot of people that were casual players are playing more often. They love the newness of BC. However after a time, they will return back to being casual players again. The other aspects of their lives will need attention and most of them will return to casual playing. When this happens, the queues should improve.
I know that was a lot to say it, but I vote for staying if for no other reason than to not loose anyone in the transfer and in the hopes of strengthening the guild through fellowship and activities.

IF we decide to move better make it fast because Blizzard will stop accepting moves once the server becomes close to full. Last Guild Server that I was on had alot of issuses but finally got them fixed. :D :rolleyes:

If the server we are transferring to were to get full, wouldn’t that mean a long queue line there as well? Besides, there are 5 servers feeding into this new one.

This is a difficult issue.

Choose Joy, now Redeemed, faced the same challenge. We choose to move. I think we lost about 5 players, but over all it was the best decision for us to move.

We all got a new start and it was refreshing. It also gives you new recruiting ground for all the players transfering from other realms.

Not to mention the economy of newer servers is easier to manage at lower levels.

Most new servers don't ever reach full population like the older servers. Kirin Tor, where my Alliance chars are, has never been a full server, and they've already gone through several free transfer stages to there. However, Cenarius was pretty full before BC, and may never really go back down.

Like Icthus said Choose Joy(Redeemed) move to Stonemaul we had ridiculous queues and waits on Illidan so I was glad for the move.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back