Do we want to take advantage of the free server transfer?

Do you want to move servers?

• Yes

Votes: 11 61.1%
  • No

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Indifferent

Votes: 5 27.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a knock against anyone, but I used to use www.warcraftrealms.com for all my census info, but I found it it be extremely off in many situations. It is no longer part of Cosmos, therefore there are not very many people using the add on for it. It used to be very very very accurate, but not now... I have been informed by many people in NP that have spoken with Blizzard that NOW it is almost completely impossible to get an accurate census, even for them.

To back my point, Warcraft Realms currently says there are 5,201,716 total characters, give or take a few, Blizzard just reported their 8 millionth account. Most people have more than one character per account... I see no way that those numbers can be correct... To say again, if you like WCR, cool, I am just throwing some info out there, and my opinion...lol...

Looks as though if not enough people transfer off Cenarious, they will do a forced server split. So, if you decide to stay, be ready for that as well.

Is the server we would be tranfering to a pvp server? I cant stand the fact that we have the horde guild on a pve server.

*Steps up on soapbox* Hmmmm, this is difficult for me. I just voted 'yes' but that was while I was waiting for patches & accepting the EULA 5 times :eek: LOL. When I finally got through all that I went right in, no queue, so it begs the question do we still need to look at moving based on server population? I know I have been almost completely non-existent in game due to RL recently but when I have logged on I have to concur with Strong that I seem to see more players on. I really like that. :) Alternatively, moving is sometimes a fresh start but we should try to avoid the 'grass is always greener' syndrome. I love the folks that I have had the pleasure of being involved with so far and I wouldn't want to do anything to jeopardize those relationships but bottom line is I will support what Lesley is lead to do and will do all that I can to help. I think we should pray for guidance in this and make a decision early Friday and, if we decide to move, that would allow us to get the message out to the most people over the weekend IMO. *Relinquishes soapbox*

I might have to reconsider, still haven't gotten at this point !LAME! This reminds me of SOE and SWG :mad:

I might have to reconsider, still haven't gotten at this point !LAME! This reminds me of SOE and SWG :mad:

AAAAAARRRRRGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! BREAKING NEWS "We're aware that ... you can't get your game on!" 'SHRUG' *Prays that WoW guys and gals are diligently fixing the login problem* Doesn't Blizzard make like a bazillion dollars a month?:confused: They should just buy more servers like we do to fix load problems :rolleyes:

I will be making my decision on Saturday afternoon. There are still a few people I'm waiting to hear from. Saturday afternoon is the deadline to get your opinions in.

If we move, these casual players may be lost in the move, especially due to the short time we have to decide. I also think that the queue will get better on its own after a little while for other reasons.
BC just came out, so a lot of people that were casual players are playing more often. They love the newness of BC. However after a time, they will return back to being casual players again. The other aspects of their lives will need attention and most of them will return to casual playing. When this happens, the queues should improve.
I know that was a lot to say it, but I vote for staying if for no other reason than to not loose anyone in the transfer and in the hopes of strengthening the guild through fellowship and activities.
On one hand I agree but on the other I see this as a way to build a better ministry through gaming to others who share our thoughts and beliefs who might not have ever known, like myself, that Christian guilds are out there.
With that said I know that I'm new to this guild and server but I'm feeling from past trials on other servers that it's doesn't alwyas get better, in some cases I have seen it get alot worst. I have a feeling that if we do move it will open the doors to a new horizon of new people that are searching for a place to call home, I know I have with MSC.

Today is the last day for transfers, if you read the post below the first post, he got the date wrong. At least I think that's what happen anyway it says the 19th is the last day.

Today is the last day for transfers, if you read the post below the first post, he got the date wrong. At least I think that's what happen anyway it says the 19th is the last day.

Actually, the correction was made the other way. The Blade's Edge transfers are open until the 23rd, although some of the others do close on the 19th.

I just tried three toons and I can't get the transfer to happen. I get a
"Character Move
en_batch_processing_disabled" message. Looks to me like the transfers are over but I will try again. Stay tuned...

Yeah, I had the same problem but I kept trying, and finally moved them. Now I have to wait until it's finalized.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back