Do you believe my Atheistic views are unreasonable?

Whether I'm blind or not makes no odds, does it, if what I'm looking for cannot be seen!?

No. I will not behave. I will not conform. I will not believe simply because of the threatened punishment.

I was there, I reached out and I found nothing. If a lifetime of blind obedience is what it takes to get into the club, then you can count me out.

If you search for religion you will find many many types but if you search for Jesus you will find one Whom is the Christ wOOt only one of them and this is what/whom you are to follow.As to what religion is right, look for just that and you will get confused and bewilder'd.Look towards Jesus and look for those that follow his rules kinda simple I think.Of this I am right, Jesus not a church is the narrow path one must take.Pardon if I go a little further into Revelations 21:22 and it basically says no Church in heaven.As for that little boy or little girl in a church so called deemed wrong by others religions Ow Only one can judge the fact that Jesus is or is not in their heart.So with that I exit but keep in mind that church/religion does not save nor does it offer eternal life.(John 3:16)P.s. Yeh your views are understandable but not exceptable by those who choose to try to help you.We do this because "We Love You" ...May God find each and everyone of you and enlighten your hearts!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
cc.slim said:
If you search for religion you will find many many types but if you search for Jesus you will find one Whom is the Christ wOOt only one of them and this is what/whom you are to follow.As to what religion is right, look for just that and you will get confused and bewilder'd.Look towards Jesus and look for those that follow his rules kinda simple I think.Of this I am right, Jesus not a church is the narrow path one must take.Pardon if I go a little further into Revelations 21:22 and it basically says no Church in heaven.As for that little boy or little girl in a church so called deemed wrong by others religions Ow Only one can judge the fact that Jesus is or is not in their heart.So with that I exit but keep in mind that church/religion does not save nor does it offer eternal life.(John 3:16)P.s. Yeh your views are understandable but not exceptable by those who choose to try to help you.We do this because "We Love You" ...May God find each and everyone of you and enlighten your hearts!!!!

This post makes no sense whatsoever.

If you search for religion you will find many many types but if you search for Jesus you will find one Whom is the Christ? What does this mean?

If I search for Buddha I will find Buddah? If I search for Allah I will find Allah?

Your post also doesn't take into account that there are many people that have searched for Christ and found...nothing.

1. Latins use the name Jesus alot
2. Dead Gods or Dead people hehehe look if u want
3. If you search good luck. sincerely ask n you will find
4. Plz narrow is the path full of rocks,debris and all kind of obstacles placed by the one who does not like losing.Know this YOU ARE LOVED

cc.slim said:
1. Latins use the name Jesus alot

Meaning?

2. Dead Gods or Dead people hehehe look if u want

Your god = dead god

If you disagree with that, please explain why. While you explain, please keep in mind that your defense can be used by a follower of ANY religion.

3. If you search good luck. sincerely ask n you will find

I, and many others like me, have sincerely asked and found nothing.

4. Plz narrow is the path full of rocks,debris and all kind of obstacles placed by the one who does not like losing.Know this YOU ARE LOVED

There are many paths, you simply believe you are on the only "true" path.

1. The Swedes use the word Thor or Tor in a lot of names.
2. Seriously - that made no sense at all!
3. So not true. I searched and found... nothing!
4. Climbing a tall mountain is especially sweet because of the sense of achievement from so difficult an endeavour. However, flying by simply flapping your arms will achieve nothing no matter how long you do it and how sincerely you believe in it. I think I've learned to tell the difference.

hmm

I like how you stir up the forums with your view of religion. :D Sometimes I think about what I'd be like if I didn't have God, or if I ever renounced my faith or something. It's hard to grasp but I can see where your SORT of coming from. Pretty much all my friends believe in the evolution theory because they refuse to believe there is a superior being. I hear about their views every day and I can easily put myself in their place to see where they're coming from, unlike some of the fellas on this forum who just refuse any other option.

I also like how some of these people reply with crummy posts like "Jesus is the way". (Not saying it's a bad line) DV wants indisputable proof, not a quote that us Christians can find truth in.

Also keep in mind, the book of Job. God let Satan test Job's faith. If God may appear invisible for you, maybe he's just testing you, to see how long you can take damage without being broken. God works in mysterious ways.

Now go ahead and criticize this post before I get bored :D

Armandus said:
I like how you stir up the forums with your view of religion. :D Sometimes I think about what I'd be like if I didn't have God, or if I ever renounced my faith or something. It's hard to grasp but I can see where your SORT of coming from. Pretty much all my friends believe in the evolution theory because they refuse to believe there is a superior being. I hear about their views every day and I can easily put myself in their place to see where they're coming from, unlike some of the fellas on this forum who just refuse any other option.

Just so we're clear on my position...I don't believe in macro evolution because there is no scientific basis for it. I do, however, believe in micro evolution because there is a plethora of scientific proof for it. I also do not "refuse" to believe in a supreme being. I merely lack a belief in supreme beings due to a lack of reason/evidence/proof.

[quore]I also like how some of these people reply with crummy posts like "Jesus is the way". (Not saying it's a bad line) DV wants indisputable proof, not a quote that us Christians can find truth in. [/quote]

This is a toughy from the Chrstian perspective. I hear Christians say that you don't need proof to believe in God, that's what faith is for...then in the next breath they say that God has given them the proof they need to believe in him. That leaves me scratching my head every time. Vicious cycle ring a bell? :)

Also keep in mind, the book of Job. God let Satan test Job's faith. If God may appear invisible for you, maybe he's just testing you, to see how long you can take damage without being broken. God works in mysterious ways.

I am working a thread up in my head regarding faith. I believe there is a huge difference between having faith in God and having faith that God exists. The majority of times that faith is discussed in the bible talks about the former, having faith in God. Satan didn't test Job's faith in whether or not God existed, he tested his faith in God.

Now go ahead and criticize this post before I get bored :D

Was that quick enough? :)

Hard to criticise a post like that, Armandus. Everybody has their frame of reference and you've stated yours whilst allowing room for me to have mine.

DV,

I am a Bible-believing Christian, and that's why I don't think that God is dead

In response to "they searched and found nothing" many people will pick up the Bible, say "I'm not feeling the love here" and walk away.

There are many paths, you simply believe you are on the only "true" path.

What path, then, are YOU on? Do you believe that yours is the only path? What is in store for you, according to your beliefs, after you die? Are you a ghost? Are you simply *poof* gone forever? I'm interested in seeing from your point of view, which is more than you can be accounted for

ChickenSoup said:
What path, then, are YOU on? Do you believe that yours is the only path? What is in store for you, according to your beliefs, after you die? Are you a ghost? Are you simply *poof* gone forever? I'm interested in seeing from your point of view, which is more than you can be accounted for

Good questions :)

I don't see myself as on "a path", but if I had to use that analogy I would say that I pick my paths as I go. I don't pretend to know what my destination is, so I enjoy the journey and make the most of it.

What happens when we die? No one knows for sure, but most signs point to...nothing. Poof, as you say, your light is extinguished, like a candle flame.

Now now, don't be testy, my response was to one specific post, please don't take it out of context. Everyone loves to rag on Nietzsche when he said, "God is dead" but do you know why he said that?

Believe me, if I wasn't interested in your point of view, I wouldn't be here.

Sadly by just readin the topic I con honestly say YES, they're unreasonable. Don't want to argue about it though, just ignore me.

Well as I just get off playing Guild Wars and burning stuff to death and go right on CGA I don't normally have the immediate capacity to do so lol ;)

DarthDapor said:
Sadly by just readin the topic I con honestly say YES, they're unreasonable. Don't want to argue about it though, just ignore me.

I don't want you to argue, but an explanation of why would be nice.

Did you even read what my views were or did you stop at the "A" word?

I can honestly say "Fimple-wirzling-ftagn-ftagn-nerweeeeebol" without even reading the topic - doesn't mean it's relevant to the discussion. ;)

Dark Virtue said:
But I neither consider myself lost, nor in need of saving.

Please forgive my bluntness - but if you are able to transcend death, loss, pain, grief and agony yourself, I wonder why did you decided to waste so much time looking for God in the first place? Just because you 'wanted to believe'? Not because you had any actual need for God? And you wonder why you never found Him?

If God exists and cares about me, where was he during the years I followed him and asked for what I needed to carry on being a Christian? Even Thomas was given proof.

I HAVE given up. I will no longer put forth any more effort, blood, sweat, tears or prayers. I spent far too many years begging for understanding.

It seems to me what you spent far too many years doing is insisting on God 'ante'ing up', while refusing to reach out to Him with even the smallest degree of faith first. You think it is only fair that He would do that for you, and unfair that he would require faith at all. Your idea about what God SHOULD do in this process is what the Bible refers to as 'your own understanding'. In scripture, God warns you not to lean on your own understanding, and He also clearly admits that He makes dumb those who seek Him only that way.

Note that this is where many condemn me for denying God. I have not done so. I simply lack any evidence to believe in God. Moreover, I NEVER had it. What I had was a WANT, a DESIRE to believe.

There is evidence for God. There is also evidence that He doesn't exist at all. You seem to have no problem accepting the latter exists. Why so hard to accept the former? As a Christian, I am able to admit that both exist. It is my small measure of faith that allows me to accept God despite the latter.

I hope one day you will realize that God is your best bet for transcending death as well as all the other bad things that are inevitable in life. He will bring you to the point someday where you will be able to accept that, and you will be in a position to extend to him the small measure of faith He seeks from you. Whether or not you actually do so must remain your own choice.

Paul

Back