Game sales

Don't have time to post them all now, but ToysRUs has some sales going on.

Just picked up Prince of Persia for 360 for $20

Besides some repetitive side quests later in the game and getting past the Citadel (it's like an hour of back and forth running), Mass Effect is one of the best western RPG experiences I've ever played. Combat is cool (cover system is a little wonky xD), interesting characters and places, and the story was very very cool IMO. Your save file and choices will carry over to the sequel too. :)

Oh, and Wrex rocks my socks. :)

Last edited:
commercial video games released as freeware

Not really a sale per se but here are some great games that publishers have let people have for free.

Abe Lincoln Must Die! (4th part in Sam and Max episodic content)

Beneath a Steel Sky (an adventure game by Revolution Software, released to support the ScummVM Project)

Command & Conquer

Command & Conquer: Red Alert

The Elder Scrolls: Arena

The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall

F.E.A.R. Combat (multiplayer portion of F.E.A.R.)

Flight of the Amazon Queen (an adventure game by Interactive Binary Illusions, released to support the ScummVM Project)

Full Spectrum Warrior (a tactical shooter by Pandemic Studios released as a free ad-supported download)

Grand Theft Auto

Grand Theft Auto 2

Marathon Trilogy

Mechwarrior 4 (has been announced to soon be released as freeware by battletech.com to commemorate the Battletech series' 25th anniversary)

Rise and Fall: Civilizations at War (a real-time strategy/third-person shooter by Stainless Steel Studios and Midway Games. Re-released as ad-supported freeware, sponsored by the US Air Force)

[toj.cc]phantom;368184 said:
Mechwarrior 4 (has been announced to soon be released as freeware by battletech.com to commemorate the Battletech series' 25th anniversary)

Ah, I'd like to get that IF it comes out.

I've only played MW3.

Mechwarrior 2 is the best... too bad I haven't figured out how to get it working in widows 7 yet. I do have a copy of windows 95 (though I would have to burn it to a new disc) somewhere.

Mechwarrior 2 is the best... too bad I haven't figured out how to get it working in widows 7 yet. I do have a copy of windows 95 (though I would have to burn it to a new disc) somewhere.

Some old games don't work on Windows 7.

I guess Mechwarrior 2 is another.

Starcraft doesn't work either, unless you mod it.

Here's a list of the old games that are compatible (and not) with Windows 7:

http://www.sevenforums.com/gaming/5739-windows-7-pre-rtm-game-compatibility-list.html

Last edited:
Some old games don't work on Windows 7.

I guess Mechwarrior 2 is another.

Starcraft doesn't work either, unless you mod it.

Here's a list of the old games that are compatible (and not) with Windows 7:

http://www.sevenforums.com/gaming/5739-windows-7-pre-rtm-game-compatibility-list.html

Running XP through virtual machine will probably work wonders for playing really old and incompatible games...
Oh and SC can be played just fine on Win7 if you make a batch file that shuts off explorer before you start.

Army of Two: 40th day is on sale (I think today only) for $40 @ Amazon, both PS3 and 360.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/?docId=1000208101

$40 is pretty good for a two-week old game. I've enjoyed what I've played of it, and am looking forward to playing extraction once that gets unlocked. Bear in mind this is a mature-rated game for blood & gore/violence/language.

Psychonauts is $2 on Steam through Thursday.

Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in.

Back