GFC game servers

Talon

Due to toj game server going down, we Gods Frozen Chosen, are expecting and willing to take the brunt of gamers to our servers for the time being to continue clean christian fun. We have 2 servers up at the moment and will keep running until toj is back up.

These are, name: GFC CS Custom Maps

IP: hescominsoon.dyndns.org:27015
Dell SC420 server
p-4 celey 2.53 Ghz 512 megs ddr2 40 gig SATA drive
Slots: 12 slots, 2 reserve slots for admins
sv_maxrate 10000 (adjust your rates in console to compensate)
Maps: 3500 custom maps are installed plus standard
Connection: 3Mbit download speed connection, 768Kbit upload speed capable (limited to 440Kbit for server)
Mods: Adminmod, Metamod, HL guard, Steambans, LogD, LogD impressive, and VAC
Operating System: Linux (CentOS-4.1)
Location: East Coast (so expect latency to jump up or down based on where everyone lives)

name: Gods Frozen Chosen Christian CS

IP: 131.191.62.217:27015
Slots: 14, 1 reserve slot for admins
sv_maxrate 15000 (adjust your rates in console to compensate, rate may be changed to lower, it will be posted if it is changed here)
Maps: ~1000 maps installed, this server will run standard maps although custom maps are installed.
Note, for Gods Frozen Chosen server, I've had trouble with ISP and lag issues, I will do the best I can to compensate for this issue, server is running on a 6Mbit download connection, and a 883Kbit upload connection (limited to 750Kbit connection**edit, server power bumped down to 650Kbit upload, due to ISP fluctuations in upload power)
Mods: Adminmod, Metamod, HL guard, Steambans, VAC
Location: West Coast (so expect latencies to jump up or down depending on everyones location)

Come join us, servers are reguarly used by mostly toj and GFC members (all GFC members are toj members, and half of GFC are toj admins also)
*toj admins, will not have admin powers.

The servers will be running 24/7 until further notice

Talon

Last edited by a moderator:
YES! I was going to let you know that i wanted to play here... heh heh...

and divine, we miss you!

Note: they are fun with there admin powers...

*parakletos and babo :eek:

*competition between two servers

*FUN NIGHT EVERYNIGHT! woohoo.

(hope that made sense to someone.

*Tek7 --- =0

*get those fun nights up now!

lol. just kidding around. i'll see... i need to download all those maps... could you give me a plain list? thx

My server (number 2 on the list) is experiencing some lag, its my ISP, nothing I can do, lag spikes about every 5 minutes or so, everyone lags so its even. The more usuage the less it should happen by my experience.

As for all 3500 maps, i spent weeks downloading them, rebuilding the archives and uploading to server. Basically go to kingpin.net or csbannana to download and install them. The list of the maps are posted in GFC forums.

******note******* GFC number 1, Hescominsoon server, is down, due to extreme heat where he lives, nearly 100 degrees F. Computers at that temp with ambient temp, will start to fry with the extra heat they throw out.

Last edited:
No way, that would be insane. There is a map cycle that is posted here in gfc, then we do map surfin.

*note* I'm about to throw out my server computer, its either that or my ISP, causing server timeouts every 2 minutes now. Definelty calling my ISP tomorrow ASAP to find out whats going on, its really getting rediculous. So if its possible, play on Hescominsoons server first.

they cycle through alot of them about 10 maps every night at most...it is fun though

Last edited:
Come join us, servers are reguarly used by mostly toj and GFC members (all GFC members are toj members, and half of GFC are toj admins also)*toj admins, will not have admin powers.

So, how does the csadmin@toj.cc work when you say its GFC admins instead of ToJ admins, if no admins present on a swearer/hacker basis?

Corp
GFC at the moment doesnt have a centralized email for people to contact. The csadmins email for toj doesnt pertain to GFC at all. There are 5 admins for GFC and we are around most of the time. The servers are not populated nearly as much as toj of course. I'd say prime time to play on gfc servers would be 5-10pm EST.

My server is going offline right now, until I get linux installed on my server, Hescominsoon is helping me with it. Azureas is still online for now, it will be going offline tomorrow morning, i'll move it to my computer for the day, until linux is up and i can move it back to host again.

The physical computer is offline now, all torrents are offline until furthur notice, from the looks of it, 3 people downloaded the small map torrent, and 1 person was almost done with the large one.

Process is done, cs server is up and running. Installing all 3500 custom maps now. Bittorrent I will get back up ASAP.

Talon said:
Due to toj game server going down, we Gods Frozen Chosen, are expecting and willing to take the brunt of gamers to our servers for the time being to continue clean christian fun. We have 2 servers up at the moment and will keep running until toj is back up.

These are, name: GFC CS Custom Maps

IP: hescominsoon.dyndns.org:27015
Slots: 12 slots, 2 reserve slots for admins
sv_maxrate 10000 (adjust your rates in console to compensate)
Maps: 3500 custom maps are installed plus standard
Connection: 3Mbit download speed connection, 768Kbit upload speed capable (limited to 440Kbit for server)
Mods: Adminmod, Metamod, HL guard, Steambans, and VAC
Location: East Coast (so expect latency to jump up or down based on where everyone lives)

name: Gods Frozen Chosen Christian CS

IP: 131.191.62.217:27015
Slots: 14, 1 reserve slot for admins
sv_maxrate 15000 (adjust your rates in console to compensate, rate may be changed to lower, it will be posted if it is changed here)
Maps: ~1000 maps installed, this server will run standard maps although custom maps are installed.
Note, for Gods Frozen Chosen server, I've had trouble with ISP and lag issues, I will do the best I can to compensate for this issue, server is running on a 6Mbit download connection, and a 883Kbit upload connection (limited to 750Kbit connection**edit, server power bumped down to 650Kbit upload, due to ISP fluctuations in upload power)
Mods: Adminmod, Metamod, HL guard, Steambans, VAC
Location: West Coast (so expect latencies to jump up or down depending on everyones location)

Come join us, servers are reguarly used by mostly toj and GFC members (all GFC members are toj members, and half of GFC are toj admins also)
*toj admins, will not have admin powers.

The servers will be running 24/7 until further notice

Talon

Update
Some changes and other notes to servers.

Server #1, hescominsoon's, is still the same. sys_ticrate is running 333fps now. The computer specs are 2.53ghz Celeron D, 512mb DDR2 PC3200, 40gb SATA-150 drive.

Server #2 my server, changed a bit, my sys_ticrate is 333fps (in windows it was only a low 64fps, that was the lag issues come to find out, not ISP), sv_maxrate is now 10000, maps is 3500, max upload power has been limited to 400kbits/sec, due to server with 9 players on, 1000+ ping. max slots was increased 1 more, making 14 public slots, 2 reserve slots for admins, computer specs for this machine is 2.4ghz P4, 512 PC2700 (soon to be 1gb PC3200), 80gb UATA-100 hard drive.

Both servers: are running log impressive metamod plugin (the headshot, firstblood sounds). Hescominsoon and I are working on a script that will redirect people from a full server to another server specified in the scipt to an allied server. So if any one server gets completely full, and someone trys to connect, it will shift the person to the other GFC server. We are working on it.

Last edited:
OOOO YEAH! UPGRADIO! Now my computer is one of the worst! WOOHOO! But i'm still on fire.
>_>
<_<
<_> <--- Lol.

>_<

UPDATE.

My server, GFC #2, has been having problems with ISP and peek time. So for now until my ISP gets its act together, slots has been reduced to 10 max, sv_maxrate is 8000 and server allocation has been moved to unlimited.

Back