Gruul's Lair

Im not sure if you have gone checked out the trash mobs, heres a break down of what you get. When you zone in-- there are 3 mobs, its usually 2 brutes and a priest, or 3 brutes, or sometimes 3 priests (oh what a pain). The first mob can be pulled seperate, if its a brute you need one tank on it and one tank catching when they charge. The next pull is the other two mobs, they are tanked seperately by two tanks. With one person or two (if you have that) catching when the brutes charge. These guys will also yell for help so you have to keep distance between them..or you pull the others. Once these guys are dead, you are to the first boss..which is pretty rough until everyone learns their placement. Classes you are def. going to want for tanking this fight. Moonkin or multiple hunters, a Mage, two locks for enslaving or banishing fel puppies, and then 3 if not 4 conventional tanks.

Trash mobs are really..a minimum in this place, to get a better idea of how minimal, once your group can down the bosses the place can be run in under an hour :)

hope this helps

Kirk and I would love to attend, but dont think our gear is there yet. You be the judge if you need us or not Mike. Just let us know and we will be there help and support in however we can.

At this point, it sounds like Saturday's run is exploratory only - play with the trash mobs, get a peek at what the bosses look like, see how the room is designed, etc. Mike had told me earlier that his intention is to NOT pull the bosses... just peek around.

It will be a good opportunity for those that have never been to Gruul's Lair. I would think that about any 70 that wants to come will probably be invited.

I didn't know there was a guild on another server! :)

If you need any help w/ Gruul as far as your group make-up or if you *do* want to give the boss pulls a shot to see how they work, you can ping Mordos (ToJ name) - he may be able to help you out a bit as he runs our Gruul runs.

I'll go to Gruul's Lair! Do I need any special rep or anything to get in? Any ideas on a date/time for this yet?

Last edited:
Rep: No rep needed. Any 70 can enter. I assume that some lower levels *could* come in, but probably would get bumped by a 70.

Date: You missed the first run; Next attempt is scheduled for this Saturday (15th), 8am server.

8:30 am on a Satuday? Yikes. The only way you see me on at that time is if I stay up extra late on Friday night.

Back