• No

Votes: 10 30.3%
  • Silly question to ask, of course

Votes: 10 30.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ursen

Officer SOE/LoE/Where's "here"?
With the release of GW2 less than a month away it's time to find out who the real hardcore players will be. Those that will be on whenever it is humanly possible. To that end if you will be on if it goes live at 0300 EST on the 25th for the 3 day head start to name your 'toon, or even to get in an hour or two of play let us know.

Last edited:
well I'm just wondering if i need to take a cat nap or can sleep all night and I'm to busy sharpening my claws to worry bout time....

I'll be on as soon as those servers go live. (If things go like they have been it will be an hour or two before the actual "launch" time.)

I voted no because I normally work weekends but my new schedule starts Aug 19th. If I get weekends off, I will totally be there :D That's 4am my time so I'll just go to bed a little earlier.

As much as id love to say that I will be online then, I will probably be getting some prepratory sleep at 3am EST. I am in imminent danger of being forced to be social and go hiking at Chimney Rock on the 25th as a day-trip with my Sunday school class. We'll see what happens, since we've had events like this postponed/cancelled several times in the past year already.

is that 3 am or pm?

lol...and that from a warrior

I'm actually shocked that a warrior wasn't able to read military time. I don't think those Charr kittens are as battle hardened as they pretend to be.

I intend to be online when the servers go live, but Arenanet has said they don't have the exact time nailed down yet. We've been assuming it's 3am, but it may be something a little bit more reasonable on the 25th instead.

I voted "no" for two reasons:

1. My wife is pregnant. She is due August 26.

2. I can't stay up that late any more....

Last edited:
They usually start things at noon Pacific time...but who knows for something this big.

11.jpg

My Charr Mesmer is not amused.

Seeing that I leave for England just a mere 5 days after release, I can't believe I would be able to play as much as I would like to. Much less when I get over there.

I almost had to change my pants when I saw that picture......that is the most hilarious thing I have seen in a long time. Nice one!!!

OH.. and we have to figure the pre-order 'perks' of influence etc.. how will it work? Do we all contribute to making the guild (money donated), and then just open the rewards while we represent the guild?

I'm pretty sure it won't launch at 3am EST because in the PST it would be 12am(midnight) and Anet wouldn't do an "all nighter" because that would equal lesser cognitive power and they will need that power if stuff goes wrong, it just wouldn't be smart planning..
Methinks GW2 will launch August 25th at 10:00am PST, the employees would of had sleep and would be ready for the troubles that are to come later in the day.

Back