• Yes

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • No

Votes: 10 30.3%
  • Silly question to ask, of course

Votes: 10 30.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
well then the obvious answer is to go to bed 3 hours earlier friday afternoon, wake up 3 hours earlier, and then repeatedly bash your head against the wall trying to get on the servers the second they come up. thats just my plan anyways...

well then the obvious answer is to go to bed 3 hours earlier friday afternoon, wake up 3 hours earlier, and then repeatedly bash your head against the wall trying to get on the servers the second they come up. thats just my plan anyways...

I already bought a helmet ;)

I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this, but it has been confirmed that character names are reserved for 24 hours after deletion. So for people desperate for specific names, you can skip through character creation to lock in a name as quickly as possible, then later delete the character and spend time playing with sliders to your heart's content.

I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this, but it has been confirmed that character names are reserved for 24 hours after deletion. So for people desperate for specific names, you can skip through character creation to lock in a name as quickly as possible, then later delete the character and spend time playing with sliders to your heart's content.

Oooooh thats convenient, heh now the only problem is clicking the play button at the right time during the three hours the servers might go up..because I don't think I have the attention span to do nothing but click a button every 5 seconds for that long lol

Yes I will be online making my characters and reserving names...will probably play for an hour or two then continue the next morning after some sleep.

You do realize that "hour or two" may well turn into a bleary eyed, mind numbing 12 hour playing marathon right?

I don't have to ask for permission. Assuming my wife isn't in labor, we will both be playing. Of course if she is, then I won't be anywhere near my computer.

Yes, it is. We are, of course, very excited.

Edit: It seems that I somehow posted my earlier post in the wrong topic. So for those of you who think that my post makes very little sense in the discussion you are right. I think I meant for it to be in the Start Time thread. Oh well. I think I will blame this one on my wife's pregnancy....

Last edited:
Soon you'll be able to blame everything on sleep deprivation. ;D

Do you know the gender?

Is it okay to wander off topic, or should I be starting another thread? I suppose you could call this very on topic, since parenting is about the most hardcore thing I'm aware of. :D

Pregnancy and first children always take precedence. I know how long I have played GW because my son-in-law showed it to me when my last grandchild was born. I was visiting them at the time so I could be of assistance in baby sitting the other grandchild.

We don't know the gender. We prefer to be surprised.

I introduced my father-in-law to Guild Wars a couple of years ago. Now he is joining my wife and I in GW2. In fact, he has joined this guild as well.

Fun.

I'm looking forward to my kids being old enough to play. I was able to get on last stress test for about the last 20 minutes after work. My 6 year old son and 3 year old daughter helped me make a "princess knight in shining armor" playing with a female guardian in the character creator.

When the servers went down they both went and put together "knight in shining armor" costumes and defended me against dragons.

Haha! That's awesome. I'm sure our children will be playing with us in the distant future. You know, probably Guild Wars 3 or 4.

My little girl is a year old now, she is our first, and let me tell you....I now know where the wild thing grows.
Its an awesome experience, they definitely keep you on your toes. It's a true blessing to see it all unfold and know that we are responsible for a heritage given us by the Lord.

Awesome is working on possible combos for your character and your son's character - and planning to use them in GW2...it doesn't get much better.

Back