hehe this is gonna be fun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atown

Christian Gamers Alliance Amazon Store Manager
Staff member
hehe, this is what makes being a teenager interesting. ok over the last few months i met a very very strong christian girl + gamer, in english class and is currently toj too. and yeah, we've been good friends for a while and actually just today figuired we should be a couple. its more a title than anything else. we arent phsycal and respect each others space etc. but yeah.... im waiting for opportune time to tell folks cuz their currently arguing and i dont think now is a good time. but, they think girls = root of all evil and that im gonna screw up my entire life like my brother did just by "dating" which i dont think i could at this point call it..... advice?

rofl. wow only 1 response. btw as an update: we are considered a couple, bf/gf if you want to call it that. i dont call it that infront of my parents mind you, but they understand that we do hangout alot and can be considered a couple nontheless. as far as "going out on dates" we went on i guess a date last week which was entertaining to say the least (sizzler aint that great and are over priced >.> ) so yeah,......

I feel we shouldn't, even whatever.

My mom is watching TV. And everyone on Emeril Live is goign *OOHHHH SPRINGROLLS!*

I can't think. I'm going to edit this post later to add more.

hehehehe yes they are, becuase girls take time and money, and time is money so money2, and if girls = money2 and money is the root of all evil we are forced to conclude that girls = evil.

anyways the situation kinda worked itself out. more or less, i told my parents we are technically a couple but not really "dating" persay, which is the truth, i mean its rare if we are ever going to go out to dinner or somethin ya know? but yeah me n star are technically dating so im happy ^_^ plus her mom really likes me. her dad seems amiable but you never know >.>

I need advice too! Everyone is arguing about me and (insert name here) of my youth group... during the youth group winter retreat they were like "heh CS were you two smoochin down there at the bottom of the tubing hill? XD"

And more stuff

Dark Virtue said:
Just for the record, girls ARE the root of all evil :)

It's not that they're evil so much as they're all crazy. Evil implies that they realize they're wrong and proceed anyway. They think they're right!!!

techwhosaysnee said:
It's not that they're evil so much as they're all crazy. Evil implies that they realize they're wrong and proceed anyway. They think they're right!!!

No, no, we're just really aware that you are wrong! :) (Sorry, couldn't resist. You set yourself up for that, you know.)

As for the dating issue: I married my first serious boyfriend five years after we started dating! When we started dating, he was a senior in high school, about to turn eighteen; I had just turned eighteen and was starting college. That was almost fifteen years ago, and we are still very happy.

Men and women are different by design; if you expect women to be just like you, you're in for a lot of surprises. I don't believe that dating, in and of itself, will ruin your future. "Getting physical," however, certainly could. So don't stress out over going to some movies and hanging out. Just keep the relationship "PG" and don't let it consume your life or push out your friends and responsibilities!

Take my advice for what it's worth since I'm only 19 and have never had a girlfriend.

First off, I think you should examine your motives: Why are you in this reliationship? Are you in a relationship just for fun? To get closer to God? To see what it would be like? For "experience?" To see if she is compatible with you?

Secondly, do you think it glorifies God? Does it bring you closer to God?

Third, Timing. Is now the right time?

Fourth, what is it that you like about this girl? Her attractiveness? Her personality? Her interests? Her character?

Personally, I think it's always better to wait. Be friends, get to know her better and see where that takes you. Relationships that start out quickly are usually driven by emotions and feelings, which will eventually die out. With any relationship, you run the risk of breakup, but if you wait, you can lessen the chance of it considerably. You can still get to know someone as a friend, but not in any serious relationship.

On that note, what you should look for in a girl is above all, their commitment to God. But second to that is character. Looks, personality, and other interests are all fluff. Cliche, I know, but it's true. There are many attractive girls with a great personality and common interests. But character is hard to come by. Proverbs 31 is a good description of this.

In addition, timing is very important. Even if she is "perfect" for you (Perfect in quotations, because in reality, no one is perfect), it may not be the right time. Are both of you ready to be in a relationship? What I mean by that is, can you support it financially, do you have enough time for it, and are both of you spiritually mature enough? For example, I have found someone who I think fits everything I said previously, but I do not think the time is right, so I haven't persued a relationship yet. In that time, it has allowed me to focus on school, serving in my church, and developing characters that my future wife would like, in addition to seeing whether or not this girl would in fact be compatible with me. Remember in Song of Songs that it warns not to awaken love too early.

I am not saying you're wrong and that you must follow this, but it's something I think you should keep in mind. Relationships aren't something you should take lightly.

Weazel said:
Be friends, get to know her better and see where that takes you...what you should look for in a girl is above all, their commitment to God. But second to that is character.

Excellent advice! If you can't be friends with a girl, why on earth would you want to date her? And if she doesn't have your devotion to God and respect for His Word, and demonstrate it in her life, you're just asking for trouble.

Of course, you've already said she's a dedicated Christian, so you've got that part covered-which shows discernment on your part. (But for each person who actually posts for advice, there are probably at least half a dozen with the same question, so it's always good to be thorough.)

Can you tell that I used to have all my younger friends at the Baptist Student Union come to me for advice? Not that I have all the answers... :D

I am Atown's girlfriend,and here's what I have to say to you all fellow gamers out there...

If any female dares to try and take my Atown away, she will find a serious situation on her hands. To put it in a descriptive but minor compared to the truth she will...: Find a visciously hot tempered female with flames of fire that burn as hot as the moons of Tatooine, eyes blue and piercing that will rip through her spirit, and two legs with a million kicks in which one will knock a Rancor from it's home. So basically, he's mine. Any thing else, help yourself ^_^. I don't fall jealous or anything, I just want to make it clear for those female's sake the consequences of any romantic advances. *LOL*
So, I'm Starfire. I am very excited to get to know ya'll. I love to meet more and more people...especially those who can aid me in walking with Christ as Atown has.

*Starfire*

This is officially my first statement.

*IMPORTANT NOTE*
To let all you females know out there so that you will be informed about this once and for all, here's what I have to say: If there be any of you braver munsters out there who dare try to get too close to my Atown, there will be severe consequences. To you ladies, what you will face will be a very ticked off girlfriend with flaming red hair as hot as the suns of Tatooine, rage the heat and acidity of lava, shocking blue eyes that will pierce into your very soul and legs with a thousand kicks in which one will penetrate a Rancor beast. Any questions? Side that, I am a really nice chica who wishes to get to know everyone and be there for them in their times of need.

;)

*Starfire*

YO! Atown thought it would be funny if I posted that... I don't really believe anyone to be like that on here - but it's good to be thorough ;P. I am wondering, how do I get my character from the game to be my avatar? I suppose I could use the camera shot in the game, then snip the picture and plug it in to wherever it goes so that that my pic becomes the avatar...but I'm not even sure I know where the right place to plug in is. Usually there will be a button saying some like, "browse," or whatnot so that I would be able to find a pic. Help?! Hi, Mirowyn! Is there anyone else on here that I've met from TS? *whew* That as a lot to say! Hi, froggy. The comments from you...and everybody were amusing but certaintly made me think. ;)

MaidMirawyn said:
Can you tell that I used to have all my younger friends at the Baptist Student Union come to me for advice? Not that I have all the answers... :D

People I know come up to me and kind of let out some of their issues. It can really be a hard task in helping people that way because it can push them away if you use the wrong words (usually being in the wrong spirit) or come on them too strongly. Also being judgemental, or seeming to be that way is so bad...I think I lost my best friend because of that...or at least we weren't on such great terms anymore. Although...I think it had more to do with her and her family. That girl was one odd cookie, but I say that's how I lost her that day because it constantly reminds me of the pain of losing her...and what will happen if I ever allow my judgementalism to come out because someone won't listen to me and go out with a nonChristian boy. I uh, attach to people very strongly and when she left to return home in Arkansas, I have this big chip in my heart. I feel better about it now because she still is my friend, which I found that out on my 17th birthday, part of the reason why my b-day was one the best of my life!
So, anyway, I dated once, but that was in my old life in which I had to shed. Other than that, I think it has been four years (actually I just picked a number that seemed right and stuck with it...I am unable to remember that far back :rolleyes: ) Ever since him and whatnot, I have successfully strayed from men/boys (college/highschool *lol*) , particularly nonChrstian ones. It was a blessing to have met Adam on that first day (or close enough to ;) 0), first quarter, first year of college. Of course Psychology was first, so I can't say first class :( . Okay, I type far too much. ;)

MaidMirawyn said:

People I know come up to me and kind of let out some of their issues. It can really be a hard task in helping people that way because it can push them away if you use the wrong words (usually being in the wrong spirit) or come on them too strongly. Also being judgemental, or seeming to be that way is so bad...I think I lost my best friend because of that...or at least we weren't on such great terms anymore. Although...I think it had more to do with her and her family. That girl was one odd cookie, but I say that's how I lost her that day because it constantly reminds me of the pain of losing her...and what will happen if I ever allow my judgementalism to come out because someone won't listen to me and go out with a nonChristian boy. I uh, attach to people very strongly and when she left to return home in Arkansas, I have this big chip in my heart. I feel better about it now because she still is my friend, which I found that out on my 17th birthday, part of the reason why my b-day was one the best of my life!
So, anyway, I dated once, but that was in my old life in which I had to shed. Other than that, I think it has been four years (actually I just picked a number that seemed right and stuck with it...I am unable to remember that far back :rolleyes: ) Ever since him and whatnot, I have successfully strayed from men/boys (college/highschool *lol*) , particularly nonChrstian ones. It was a blessing to have met Adam on that first day (or close enough to ;)), first quarter, first year of college. Of course Psychology was first, so I can't say first class :( . Okay, I type far too much. ;)

Starfire said:
So, anyway, I dated once, but that was in my old life in which I had to shed. Other than that, I think it has been four years (actually I just picked a number that seemed right and stuck with it...I am unable to remember that far back :rolleyes: ) Ever since him and whatnot, I have successfully strayed from men/boys (college/highschool *lol*) , particularly nonChrstian ones. It was a blessing to have met Adam on that first day (or close enough to ;) 0), first quarter, first year of college. Of course Psychology was first, so I can't say first class :( . Okay, I type far too much. ;)
Wait, you're a freshman in college? Did you skip two grades or something?:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back