Kara team 3 sunday nights(adding wednesday later)

rhysj

Well it has been decided that team 3 will be starting the 19th with me and tone running it. We will be starting as a Sunday night run at 7:30( be on by 7:15), once we feel as a group we are ready for two nights we will go to wednesday nights also.

Invites are going to start at 7:20 with gc sign ups, Invites will be done on a gear/class alance policy through Guild Calendar

we are looking for a a healer/dps and also a dps/ot ot or a pally that can be all 3 as a 3rd for each. If we can not get we will do with what we have.

Run basics:
Boss order is not set and therefore may not be taken in the same order each week. This is a progression/fun run, in that order. Speed is key in this run. There are plenty of bosses and little time to do it in. Have consumables with you and drink/eat when time permits.

Be prepared with what items you want out of Kara.

Loot rules:
Boss loot will Master loot. Everything else will be typical ones pass on all bop's and blues. All profession drops will be passed and discussed between the group. I use wow-loot.com as a template for loot distribution for bosses. If you think an item is not listed properly bring it to my attention before it is handed out, not after. A slight discussion will occur and then judgment on that item will be passed and looting will continue.

void crystals will be held by a rhys bank made by me and folks that go on the runs can use them for enchants when we have enough and they post what they want to use them on.

Note on pieces that you win in Karazhan: It is expected that you will get the piece enchanted/gemmed with the best gems/enchants available.

Be nice, that is the last part. If there is no one that can use the item I would rather give it to someone that will use it then shard it. But if other people can use it, be nice about it. If you have won, pass. There are plenty of things to go around. Exception to this are items that anyone can use and to tokens.

Consumables:
At times certain items will be made by a guildie for use on the run. If assistance is asked for in making these items, i.e. cauldrons, please help out. Most multi use items are not cheap to make and should not fall on the shoulders of the one that makes them.

Alts:
The bringing of alts to the run is permitted as long as the raid make up does not change much. Please talk to me first before you decide to bring an alt in. Exception to this is that certain bosses are made easier with certain classes. We do not cover every class in the run so alts will be brought in as needed for these bosses. If you are bringing in your alt for a partial run, have your characters outside ready for swapping when the time comes. We do not want to waste time by waiting for people to summon you there during the run.

MOd's

Ct Raid, buff
Omen

If you have any questions please feel free to talk to me or tone.

Rhys, you set if up to start at 7:30. What time will it end? Personally, I like having a definite stop time. Just FYI, I'll be out of town the week of the 19th so I'll have to miss opening night.

Stickied.

For clarification...

Invites will be done on a gear/class alance policy through Guild Calendar

Two things:
1) Fix "alance" - it's supposed to be "balance"
2) Assuming two people of the same class sign up, and there is only room for one... is it whoever signed up first? or who has been the run regular? or some other tie-breaker system? (And "because I said so" works great, as long as everyone understands that ahead of time if that's what you're doing).

Lastly, if you want updates reported to the SGA, let me know.

Something else to consider... It's a ways off so you have time to discuss and figure out how you want to do it... but..

Are Tier4 tokens counted as standard loot? Some runs, you can win and epic and your token in the same night, other runs you cannot win a 2nd time.

Also, be prepared - the first boss *can* drop an epic ground mount with a special skin, much like the boss in Strat Dead. Does this count towards your gear loot?

*edit*

heh. i bet you never realized just how much stuff there is to decide if you're leading a regular raid. It's a pain some days. I wish you the best of luck.

Far as invites go. We're obviously looking for a core group of players who can commit atleast 90% of the time. I think for the first few weeks we'll just be getting a feel for who's serious and who's not. There is enough interest in a third group that there shouldn't be a problem filling up. That being said, if we somehow discouraged anyone who was interested, please please pm me or rhys. Personally I'd rather have a committed undergeared player rather than a every other week over geared player. I think group familarity plays a big part in the sucess during Uh Oh's.

Are Tier4 tokens counted as standard loot? Some runs, you can win and epic and your token in the same night, other runs you cannot win a 2nd time.

I think this will be addressed as we progress and become a core group.

I'm looking forward to doing Kara with you guys and the main thing for me is fun so hopefully we can all have some.

P.S. If you have time please read up on strats for the bosses/trash. It would go a lot easier if you know what your class can do to benefit in a certain fight. I.E. Purging "Greater Blessing of Might" off of Moroes. Didn't know this until I was told by a non shammie. I should have looked it up myself.

Also we are looking to have an idea by wednesday on who will come on this run, please post in gc and in here

I'm very interested myself. i'm a balance druid so dps:)

working on the Kaz key chain and hopefully will have that done fairly quick, i know the sweet point for dps is 600 substained, i'm close to 500 but can adjust as well by wearing cloth, will work on this the next week and see if i can get up there. Sundays work great for me btw :)

Tom will be joining us as a hunter
Debridement shadow priest will most likely be joining us.

eric is also instrested so we are startingto get this goign well, we still have to look at everything by wednesday

Last edited:
if anyone wants to be a sub please put your namer in with (sub)

we are getting lots of tanks talkingto me, we like another healer and then cc/dps

Tone already talked to Kirk, but wanted to add it here. Kirk and I are planning on joining yall.

Samsomite - protection warrior
Shebaely - holy priest

ok the list for people expressed intrestred right now are

For tanks
Rhys
Samsomite

sub
Guilo

Healers
Shebaely

sub
moonshammy

Dps
Darthmuled
Reets
Kahless
Moonscipher
Debridement

sub
Vigur
Lloki (when school starts)
gilidararar (Dps warrior)

People gearing up still and getting keyed
vigur (Dps)
Brynnia (Healer)

So we need another healer and more subs.

This list is best on gear and first to talk to me or tone. This is a tenative group.

Last edited:
Out of not thinking I will not be able to make the run on the 19th I have family in town that night , and since we dont have a second healer steping up I am goingot move the run til the 26th.

While I wish MoonRazor (my Druid alt - you have him on the list above as dps) was lvl 70 and geared enough to help you on your Kara run, he is only lvl 64. Sorry :)

I think you might mean Moonscipher (sp?) - Tone's Rogue

Well I'm back from vacation, seems like there's enough interest to get this run off the ground. I'd also like to see another healer sign up. How is your healing set Vigur? And would you be willing to off heal as the situation requires? I believe there was another Moonkin interested? Garret maybe? If so you can answer that question also.

If anyone needs any runs this week to get gear/key frags please let us know. We don't mind helping. Glad to see the involvement people, keep it up.

Back