Lucas Arts + Bioware = ownage

Xel

If you can atleast stand Baldur's Gate and like Starwars atleast a little you need to play StarWars: Knights of the Old Republic.

Like I said elsewhere. Dethroned 5 years of "Jedi Knight: Dark Forces" as my favorite game. KotOR is easily my favorite game now. I totally agree with both of you. In all aspects, it's a top notch game.

The movement took a bit to get used to (feels like a console port), but I'm used to it now.

the movement is easy if you are used to playing games like splinter cell on the pc, and if you remap the controls to whatever you are comfortable with. ive got a mix of splinter cell movement keys and deus ex inventory, etc keys, works kind of good. the gfx are pretty good for a console port, looks a lot better the the halo port, and it runs better, at least on my machine.

eeew...Star Wars....
tounge.gif

lol, thats what i usually say, but KoTOR doesnt feel too star wars, which is good. aside from that, the only star wars games i like are the original dark forces and bounty hunter. i consider KoTOR like the dues ex of star wars, as the way the storyline progresses is very similar.

Hmm, I think KOTOR feels extremely Star Warsy. Lightsabers, the Force, wookies, Jedi Council, Yoda-like character, blasters, Hutts, Tatooine, droids, Millenium Falcon-like ship, music, and more! I feel like I am in the Star Wars universe.

it doesnt feel cheap, fake, and cheesy like the movies with some far fetched story and bad acting, well at least in the 2 new movies anyways.

I need to check this out, I'm not a huge Star Wars fan, but Jedi Knight is also one of my favorite games currently.

Hahahaha. Dr. Tek. So you meant the game's quality is better than the recent movies?

Lutikri55, I just want to point out, this game is not an FPS like Jedi Knight. It's more like an action RPG. 3rd person perspective. Heavy in-depth D&D rules (you should understand, strength, wisdom, constitution, etc.). Also, armor ratings, to-hit, critical hits,etc. There are also things like Will, Fortitude, and something else. I'm still not quite sure how those effect the characters.

this game is fun, played for over 30 hours much of my holiday break was playing this. It is better quallity than the recent movies methinks. I love the humor. Did anyone else take Bastila and Mission along on tatooine?? Funyy!!!!!!

i got it Saturday (woot! for returning unwanted presents!
biggrin.gif
)

I had gotten up to like 9 hours, when I had to run away from it and tend to my son for the remaining portion of the night, and then had church (and I didn't turn the game off), but for some reason the save file got corrupted after that long, and it crashed on me
sad.gif
. so the moral of Kidan's story: Save often, and shut the program down when yer not actually playing
laugh.gif

I did have a backup save but it was still on Taris PRIOR to the undercity missions. oh well, on my second way through, I found a lot more interesting tidbits (/me lubs the side quests and feels sry for Elise's poor droid)
laugh.gif

Now all they need to do, is release a multiplayer addition!
blues.gif

I just got to Tatooine last night. I've taken Bastila and Juhani. But I might switch to Carth. CCGR, are you playing as a male or female character? I'm a male and there are some funny things said between Bastila and my character.

Perhaps I'll need to switch to using Mission to hear some of the funny conversations you are talking about.

I've been playing as Mr. Goodguy, doing all the nice things for people.

When I replay it, I may end up being female and see how the conversations are different. Plus I'd like to try the darkside path. I had to miss out on the bounty quests on Taris so I wouldn't gain darkside points.

Kidan, that's too bad. I had to replay a bit too. I ended up forgetting to get the items off of the Vulkar head guy, and he's got some important things to pick up.

Any hints on swoop racing? I am having a very tough time on Tatooine. That's just about all I've done on Tatooine. I don't have much money, so I am trying to beef up my credits.

to win the swoop racing, you have to hit every one of the speed boosters without hitting any of the obstacles. practice some on the cheap unofficial runs first if you want to do that. I won the first tier race, didn't make the time for the second tier (was off twenty seconds, hit some debris) and went on my merry way. am about to life off from Tatooine without bothering with any of it.

I didn't realize it, but all that junk i'd been taking off folks is worth some money. the special armours (Davik's) and the blaster rifles are the best things to sell.

also go out and kill some of those wraid creatures and sand people. you get 24 credits a peice for wraid skull plates, and some cash for each gaffi stick you pick up, as well as looting various already dead corpses will reward you with random items.

I was told that if u play a female character Carth becomes your 'love interest'

These other stats effect things more specific to the game. fortitude is similar to vitality in that it determines your "toughness" in the game, and I believe will deals with persuasivness and some force powers, but i could be wrong on that one.

much better quality then the recent movies, and same for the old ones. It makes the story believable, its not as far fetched or shallow as that of the movies or other games.

as a female I get hit on and Carth opens up to me and slips and calls me beautiful, later on in the game he says he gets torn apart imagining me getting hurt.

Regarding swoop racing, click after all the arrows light up to switch gears. I challenge anyone to beat my Manaan swoop race record of 22:04.

I figured Carth is probably a love interest. When you are a male, it's Bastila. CCGR, thanks for the Bastila/Mission tip on Tatooine. I already had one pretty hilarious scene.

I really like how dynamic the game is. I guess I lost out on some information because I never took Mission with me on Dantooine.

Kidan, you crack me up. Again, this is one of the reasons I really like the game. It's so dynamic and there are many ways of accomplishing tasks. I'm going to try and take a more passive stance with the Sand People. I ran into someone who said I might be able to negotiate with them. But I need to buy a translator droid to do it. That's why I need to do the swoop race. I need money for the droid.

I have kept just about everything I pick up, but I think it's time to start selling some of my less powerful weapons. Kidan, why not use Davik's stuff? It's pretty good.

Can you tell I really like this game? I gotta say. It's definitely my favorite game. But, I know I've already said that.
smile.gif

Back