Ninja Gaiden

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CCGR @ Mar. 12 2004,7:25)]Sorry they are bashing you Tolkien, if they weren't laughing that would mean our site is too lukewarm.  I think we are offending them more with the 50% than they are offending us. Just some fanboys upset that their game got a low score.
It's no problem.  I'm not offended in the least.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (psyllo @ Mar. 12 2004,7:35)]i think its sad review just because of the blood
and the so called naked woman
i mean im christian but this is little over the top guys
look around u and u will see the world is changing
so we got to change with it
Psyllo, did you even read the review? I mean the WHOLE review???

First please note that the review is written with Christian gamers in mind.

Now the violence and blood was a factor in the appropriateness rating, but it was not a major factor. Please take note of this statement from the review:

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]The reason I decided to include this here rather than the section below is because consumers are clearly warned of the Violence and Blood & Gore content on the back of the case with the M rating.

Now main reason the score dropped drastically was due to the occultic content. The couple of levels are alright with little or no occultic symbols or pagan content. As the game progresses, the eastern/pagan content escalates.

As I mentioned, the review is written for Christian gamers in mind. Yes it is just a game, but an Ouija board is also a game manufactured by Parker Brothers.

Yes I did make a comment regarding Rachel's outfit mostly because it was unnecessary and unrealistic. If it were a person trying to fight in an outfit like that, she would spend more time trying to not fall out of the outfit rather than fighting. The other reason I wanted to comment on it was because Christians and parents need to be made aware that she is in the game. The rating on the box gives no indication that you will meet a half-dressed female character at some point in the game.

regarding this statement:
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]u will see the world is changing
so we got to change with it

Yes the world is changing, but as Christians, we are instructed to set ourselves apart rather than conform to the world's standard.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]You are the salt of the earth; but if salt has lost its taste, how shall its saltness be restored? It is no longer good for anything except to be thrown out and trodden under foot by men. "You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hid. Nor do men light a lamp and put it under a bushel, but on a stand, and it gives light to all in the house. Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven. Matthew 5:13-16

i stil think u are little harsh i mean common those object u are reffering to are just objects used for the game and i think it shouldn't make any difference if there occult or not its just part of the game common its not like its anti christians
and the way u put it its like the game is straight from hell
i still know how my salt tastes and i dont need matthew for that thanks i m cristian but not brainwashed

Okay, i understand your point where the game 'may' head towards. But games are supposed to be fun, whatever they present will not change my faith and beliefs about God. If you're really afraid of some demons, signs, etc., in the game will make you loose that faith and beliefs, you need help with your christianity.

Also, this is by far, the worst calculation ever seen by a mathematician (myself).

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]
Game Play: A
Sound: A
Graphics: A
Appropriateness: F
Controls: A

Overall Rating: F

I am deeply sorry, but English isn't my primary language. Best wishes to your site and upcoming articles/reviews.

>>

Luismps (TeamXbox Forums)
aka Orochimaru

No, we will not change, and I for one will not fall into apostasy as you so have demonstrated by  your words.  I hold firm to my convictions and will NOT compromise any of my beliefs, and if that means people will take offense to them, it wont be the first, and it wont be the last, and I will not give up the fight for my faith.  On a similar note, its rather amazing how many self-proclaimed atheists, agnostics, etc, in gaming communities are open to what I and other Christians they have some respect for have to say, yet more opposition to things I have said come from so-called Christians, lol, rather sad...

As for the game or review, I have no comment, since I have not played it and have not placed trust in many people for a long time, and no longer make decisions based soley off of what others say.

i have respect for what u think tek but i just think its way over the top just my humble opinoin
im mean common whenthey write a review like that ....
its normal people get mad about it
if u check out gamerankings u will see there are not many reviews who share the same tought
http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages4/561532.asp
but then again not many reviews are made from some christian extremist

I also do mind you that these are reviews only, a written opinion of an individual, and not a rating system the should show total coherence to a set system of standards. You look at other places that do reviews, and there is no continuity amonst them either.

and tolkien iff u realy think u should keep on defennding and not changing than u guys are no better then some muslim extremist who still life in the middle ages and the way they respect woman etc... just because the koran says so

Truth does not change, so neither will I since I have found it, and any Christian that truly has complete faith in God, which you obviously dont, will think likewise.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (psyllo @ Mar. 12 2004,8:53)]and tolkien iff u realy think u should keep on defennding and not changing than u guys are no better then some muslim extremist who still life in the middle ages and the way they respect woman etc... just because the koran says so
Dr. Tek summed things up nicely in his statement, but I'll comment as well.

I am charged to be prepared to make a defense to any one who calls to me to account for the hope that is in me, but I am to do it with gentleness and reverence. (1 Peter 3:15)

I believe in God the Father maker of Heaven and Earth. In Jesus Christ, His only begotten Son who laid down his life willingly on the cross so that we may be saved.  I believe in the resurrection on the third day which promises eternal life for me.

I know that God loves me and has given me a gift of grace and salvation which I do not deserve.

Because of what I know, I am to hold fast to what I know is true, keeping the faith, and remaining steady in my walk with the Lord.  

I am not perfect.  I have failed, and I'm sure that I will fail many more times in my life. That doesn't mean that God loves me any less, but I am still responsible for my actions and I must remember that my walk will have an effect upon the lives of those around me.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God. Hebrews 12:1, 2

amen to that i like the talk it even makes sense but i dont like your review and of story, ill leave u guys in peace and may the lord be with u:)

we leave it up to the readers to decide if they want to play the game after seeing what's inside. We're not brain washing them, just informing them. Tolkien decided to return the game due to his convictions, I can respect that decision but I don't expect all Christians to do so. It's up to them.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CCGR @ Mar. 12 2004,9:49)]we leave it up to the readers to decide if they want to play the game after seeing what's inside.  We're not brain washing them, just informing them.  Tolkien decided to return the game due to his convictions, I can respect that decision but I don't expect all Christians to do so.  It's up to them.
biggrin.gif

Yeah, what she said!
wink.gif

Thanks CCGR!

I'm also from the TXB forums and I think the review is silly.

HOWEVER, I have respect for you and your belief. I'm glad people like you and Mel Gibson are willing to show the world your convictions, whether they like it or not. There's thousands of reviewers and reviewing publications out there, and none of them really cater to any "belief" standards. I think this site is a valuable tool for Christians. What most idiots over at the TXB boards don't understand is that you guys have built this site for YOU. So you can decide whether or not to buy or rent a game based on your peer's perspective and you can trust that.

Unfortunately, while public atheism and agnosticism is OK in today's world, if a Christian wants to share their perspective based on their belief even privately, as this site is supposed to be (directed for Christians to view, not the public) they can't even do that! It's unbelievable how shallow and hateful some people are, just because they disagree with a religion and the opinions that come with it.

So in closing, I support you guys 100%. Even though the "scantily clad women" comment made me laugh and I may disagree with the review, it's 100% your right to do so! You own the site and you make the rules! More power to you guys, and hold on to what you believe, because that's all you have in this world. If you let some hateful idiot take it from you, you've forsaken who you really are.

BTW, don't bother posting at TXB, you'll be eaten alive by atheists and agnostics. I mean I'm not even Christian and I get eaten alive because I spend half my time there trying to defend you guys.

I don't know why the world is so threatened by you guys. You're some of the nicest people I've ever met!

Thanks for the comments.

I understand what you mean about the "scantily clad" comment I included, and it is a minor issue in the game. I did feel it was worth mentioning though because it isn't listed in with the M rating, and many parents and Christians would want to know about it. Honestly, I didn't feel that Rachel needed to be dressed that way simply because it wasn't necessary to the story and it was unrealistic. It is a game, but my impression is that the designers created Rachel's character design simply to appeal to hormonally challenged teens. (I was one once, so I think I can say that.)

Also, thanks for the advice. I've read a few comments there, and I honestly saw no need to really defend myself, and I also knew that commenting there would be like entering a den of hungry lions.

As you observed, the review is written for a specific target audience, and the individuals who strongly disagree with the review probably are not that audience.

Thanks again for the comments and the compliments!
biggrin.gif

Could someone here explain to me why you all feel it's bad to view images and discussion regarding Pagan symbology and legend.

My understanding of the beliefs of Jesus is that he would have embraced the value in understanding other beliefs. These ideas are not "from satan" they are simply legends and stories from another culture in another time. Their lessons have as much value as the lessons taught from Jesus and other christians if you allow yourself to be open to them, learn from them and take them for what they are.

I appreciate your time in answering my querry.

That isn't the problem... This site nor the review is even for you.  It's for Christians.  The reviewer is merely pointing out that there are eastern religious thoughts in the game.  A lot of Christians on this site would like to know that that's in a game.  Their reasons for wanting to stay away from these types of religions should not concern you.  They're not saying EVERYONE shouldn't adhere to eastern religions, they're pointing it out for people that want that information. Who are you to judge them for that? In the same way you stay away from all religions, they have the right to want to stay away from eastern religions if they so want.

im a christian and i like to know why it should be a problem when a play a game with a budha in for example that doesnt change my believe does it??

Yes, but I think I pose a valid question. I seek to offend no one, simply understand better. I was not bothered by the fact that he pointed out the eastern content. I'm just curious as to why it may be "bad" to view it in some chrisians viewpoint.

My point is that I think being closed, shutting out, choosing to ignore and not seeking to understand another religion or point of view is very un-christ like.

PS. Why do you have images of violence in you avatar if you claim to be christian?

Back