Pokemon Thread

Anyone interested in trading Pokemon in Black/White? I have a few spares on hand and a few 'mon that I'd like to pick up.

Picked up the 7th Gym Badge last night--probably the easiest Badge yet thanks to some strong fire Pokemon in my party.

So who else is playing and how far along in the game are you?

I haven't played in like... a week. Mebbe more. Still needing to knock out the fourth gym.

I am playing with a friend of mine were doing like periodical fights with each other so our game progression is slow going. We're both just before the 5th gym.

I am playing with a friend of mine were doing like periodical fights with each other so our game progression is slow going. We're both just before the 5th gym.

Son if you're talking about me, I'm just about to get my 8th badge.
You guys should post your Friend Codes in this thread so we can trade or battle some time.

In related news, I earned the 8th Gym Badge the day before yesterday. Excadrill + Soft Sand + Earthquake > Dragon-type Pokemon. (I don't know how I would have earned the Badge otherwise, though I'm sure there are alternatives.)

I'm getting ready to face off against the Elite Four. Looks like I'll have to patch up some weaknesses in my roster. Specifically, I'll be looking to level Psychic- and Dark-type Pokemon.

I had hoped to get through the game without grinding, but the odds are not in my favor. :(

Unless you know exactly is in the E4 + the champ before going into it there's almost no way that you'll just automatically have the right team composition to take them on without some grinding.

Unless you know exactly is in the E4 + the champ before going into it there's almost no way that you'll just automatically have the right team composition to take them on without some grinding.
That does, unfortunately, seem to be the case. :(

I'm trying to pick out my team for the Elite Four challenge now. Once my team is ready to roll, I need to find a proper place to grind levels. Any suggestions?

I generally try to find the pace where the most frequent poke that pops up is weak to the poke I'm trying to grind up. Other than that anywhere thats lvl appropriate is a big plus.

I found information on powerleveling AFTER you defeat the Elite Four, but nothing about quickly leveling before.

:(

I guess I'll keep an eye out for rustling grass (and the Audinos hiding therein) and try to level that way.

I've enjoyed the game up until now, but having to grind always gets on my nerves. At least Dragon Quest IX (which was grindy in traditional JRPG form) had Metal Slimes for quick leveling.

Oof, I totally forgot to come back and post an update.

I beat the Elite Four after finding a passable spot to level: The long patch of grass immediately before the Badge Gates. Give one Pokemon the Lucky Egg, give two Pokemon Exp. Shares, hop on your bike, start wearing out your D-pad, and hop off your bike when you see rustling grass. Pretty simple stuff. Just wish I'd found it sooner. -_-

I beat the Elite Four and finished the main story, but now I'm looking to collect the 150 Unova Pokemon. (I have no intention of even attempting to collect all 649 Pokemon in the game.)

I'm especially interested in trading Pokemon Black exclusives (e.g. Gothita) for Pokemon White exclusives (e.g. Solosis) and breeding Emboar with a Ditto (which I still need to capture) to produce a Tepig, which I could then trade for a Oshawott or Snivy.

I'd also like to populate my Black City as it's empty at the moment. It's a known issue with the game and the only known fix is to connect over local wireless with a copy of Pokemon White. Unfortunately, I don't know anyone in the area who plays Pokemon.

And that's where I'm running into issues: I want to try out the multiplayer aspects of the game, but I don't know anyone locally who plays and the online Pokemon communities seem to be speaking another language. I just want to trade a Gothita for a Solosis. I don't want to have to read the Pokemon jargon dictionary and figure out what EVs and IVs and such are.

Man, I never thought I'd see the day when I'd say, "Yeh, I play Pokemon, but I play casually." These games have crazy depth and people who think these are oversimplified children's games are...uninformed.

Anyway, if you guys want to trade, here's what I'm looking for:

• Petilil
  • Solosis
  • Rufflet
  • Ditto
And here are a few I'm willing to offer:

• Gothita
  • Cottonee
  • Vullaby
  • Emolga
  • Deino
  • Drilbur
  • Throh
  • Pansage
Once I get a Ditto and breed baby Tepigs, I can trade for Oshawott and Snivy.

EDIT: I'm also looking to find a trading partner for the trade-requirement evolutions: Boldore, Gurdurr, Karrablast, and Shelmet.

Last edited:
Okay, I have my first Tepig egg. I'm planning on adding Ponyta (with the Flame Body ability) to my party and running around on a bicycle to level and help the egg hatch. After it hatches, I'll be looking to trade it for a level 1 Snivy or Oshawott.

EDIT: I also have a spare Ditto if anyone's interested in making a trade.

It makes me happy that you're hooked on the Pokemon.

I also have Tepig, so I won't be able to help out with getting the other starters. :/

I also have Tepig, so I won't be able to help out with getting the other starters. :/
A snobby-looking snake, a weird-looking blue otter, or a FIRE PIG? The choice is obvious.

When I could name it El Fuego... it was. But then my friend named one Revolver Oshawott... and suddenly, it became that much more awesome.

Just picked up Pokemon white! :) Wasn't for sure which one exactly to get so I just went with the white...not really sure why...LOL Anyways, this IS the only pokemon game I have so I will be needing some trading once I get through the main part of the game. When I figure out my gamer I.D. for in game I will post it so maybe I get some trading going on. I noticed the "White Forest" seems to function a bit differently than the black city...as it seems to have the "items" and "pokemon" appear randomly instead of needing to be linked with someone else locally...of course I could be wrong. I am looking forward to some help in getting my feet wet again in the joys of Pokemon hunting. :) I doubt I will ever "complete" a pokedex but who knows... :)

Also thought about picking up either a HG/SS or Platinum? I noticed HG/SS seem to have the larger amount of pokemon in them a long with the legendary pokemon.

/BUMP for advice or thoughts on which game to pick up next...Plat or HG or SS? From what I am reading all three seem very similar in the amount of pokemon in them...a HUGE amount at that.

Last edited:
Tek I think I am like you, I am looking to only get the local dex filled. Otherwise I would pull my hair out trying to get all 600+ :) Also since I can't get the Zorua (special Fox pokemon) because I have NO event Celebi anyone have any idea of how to get it otherwise??? I don't have any of the other games either. Plus I don't have another DS to trade with myself. :) Any thoughts or help would be nice!

Tek I think I am like you, I am looking to only get the local dex filled. Otherwise I would pull my hair out trying to get all 600+ :)
Agreed. I'm not even going to TRY to fill the National Pokedex, but I'm on my way to filling the Unova Dex. I think I'm about...8-10 short? I haven't played in a few weeks, so I can't recall.

Also since I can't get the Zorua (special Fox pokemon) because I have NO event Celebi anyone have any idea of how to get it otherwise???
I'd recommend making an account on PokeCommunity and posting in their Quick Trade thread (under the Wi-Fi Trading header, I think).

I'm also hoping to pick up a Zorua at some point, so I'll breed an egg if I'm able to procure a Zorua.

Back