POLL! About 1.8 and our map!

New Map on 1.8 release or After bukkit is updated?

• New map. When 1.8 is released

Votes: 13 68.4%
  • Stay on the current one. Wait for bukkit to update

Votes: 6 31.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1. I would not mind starting over on a new foot. However, I want my new home to be an airship, and I'm farmed a lot of wood and snow to get it started. Still, I can wait.

2. Speaking of old worlds, weren't the old worlds going to be available for download for us to explore and remember?

3. According to one website, it's possible that not all the content will come in 1.8, but will be split between 1.8 and 1.9. Should we wait for 1.9?
http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/minecraft/1191029p1.html

4. Okay, the new adventure patch is about new mobs, new towns, new ravines and locations, and even ruins that *may* lead to dungeons. What rules will we have about claims? I'm sure many will want to claim certain towns or ruins as their own, or want to destroy, add, change how they want it changed. How shall we address that?

5. Same with building. A lot of people like to claim large tracks of land for their epic projects, so we should either lay claims fast, or like the road idea, allow people to spread out and claim areas in various areas (like have different spawn points in different corners or something to give all who are whitelisted room to really branch out.)

Just a few thoughts.

The problem with deleting each world after 30 days is, nobody will want to try to build anything epic anymore. Why take the time to make something awesome when its going to be deleted at the end of the month? Sure, the point of the game is shifting more towards adventuring, but people will still want to build cool stuff. Why discourage that by just deleting everything all the time?

Reading back thru my post I see it was not as clear in print as it was in my head.

Create a new PERMANENT spawn world. This will be where we spawn. Set it up like a giant dart board with the rings and sections getting larger the farther from the center you get. Spawn will be in the very center. If you want to be close to spawn you get a small plot. If you need a huge plot you go farther from spawn. This world will have all the rules (lockette, no lava, no PvP, iconomy ect).

This world will have set boundaries and will be permanent. Think of it as a town in any adventure game.

Also at spawn will be the adventure gate. This gate will lead to the adventure world. The adventure world is where you meet monsters, dungeons, thieves, ect. There are no rules in the adventure world other than a protected area around the gate.

To keep things fresh and manage our server resources we keep the adventure world fairly small and change it out every 30 days. If you want to take stuff into the adventure world and build something epic, understand it's possible for someone to plant a bunch of tnt and blow it up. (It will also be possible for the endermen to move it around). It will also be possible for someone to take your stuff. There are no rules in Adventure world.

Spawn World on the other hand would have the rules and could even be set to peaceful to make things safer.

Just my suggestions to balance all the wants of everyone, focus on the new aim of the game and keep it as fair as possible.

Create a new PERMANENT spawn world. This will be where we spawn. Set it up like a giant dart board....
This world will have set boundaries and will be permanent. Think of it as a town in any adventure game.
Sounds a lot like the new and awesomely cool game, Bastion. would be sweet if the world was in the sky lands because...
1. the sun never sets = no need for torches outside
2. there isn't anything below you if you dig thru the towns platform, which gives it its Bastion feeling.

Hello Fellow Friend's,

I am Catakou your new Chapter Leader.Just wanted too fill you all in on what will happen for the 1.8 update and stuff like that..

When 1.8 comes out for minecraft there will be many changes,Plug-ins,Maps,and a few other things...

PLUG-IN'S

Of course lots of people like Vanilla servers this one is a little different.
We need stuff to help the Admin's out with "griefers" and "creeper bombs" so i will list the plug-ins here.
After the 1.8 update is released..
You may suggest plug-ins.. Please nothing that will give players a advantage or dis advantage....

MAPS

I don't like telling bad news... but good news will come in later..

Gamma will be taken down. we will move the Giant Cool structure's that are made.. that are ir-replaceable. Part of neilf will be moved.. Herod's Temple will be moved and a few other things.

The new map will make a few people upset. first of all we want too clear your inventory's so there will be a fresh start.. if you vote against this then tell me and ill re-consider.. since i don't like it either..

When bukkit gets updated we will talk more about gamma but right now we can't say much about what will happen...

WHITELIST
Everyone may know what the whitelist may be off i dont know 100% about this but still if it happen's DON'T INVITE ANYONE NEW TO THE SERVER WITHOUT TELLING ME

We do not need anyone ruin the server... sorry.

Well thats what i know. and tell me any problems even if you think its a stupid question. ASK IT. :D well nice typing this... i guess...

Last edited:
It's good to see everyone will be starting fresh.

How about my suggestion for the two worlds with a rotating Adventure world? I think this will allow people to build as well as keeping things fresh and interesting.

How about my suggestion for the two worlds with a rotating Adventure world? I think this will allow people to build as well as keeping things fresh and interesting.

Now that you have made it clearer, I do think this idea would work quite well. I like it.

It's good to see everyone will be starting fresh.

this would require a plug-in... but we can do it... if more people want this?

A fixed home world with limits, laws, and no nether, do want. A world that gets deleted and remade every month, =/ needs to be thought through a little better. It's a fine idea, but may be too often. besides just a random seed world, maybe themed biome worlds?

A world that gets deleted and remade every month, =/ needs to be thought through a little better. It's a fine idea, but may be too often. besides just a random seed world, maybe themed biome worlds?

In 30 days how much world can we as a server explore? How big can a world be before we have hardware issues?

I'd love to see the permanent world kinda large to accommodate large construction projects. Especially since it will be permanent.

Does anyone have experience making a world?

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Wolfs idea of the two worlds. I do agree that every 30 days may be too soon to restart though.

And I think Soka is familiar with making worlds - if you mean like designing it themself?

*Abea votes 3 times for two worlds*

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Wolfs idea of the two worlds. I do agree that every 30 days may be too soon to restart though.

And I think Soka is familiar with making worlds - if you mean like designing it themself?

*Abea votes 3 times for two worlds*

Well we will get a random seed too do it.... i don't think its a good idea... a few people may disagree what would happen then?

The date for 1.8 is expected to be released this week. I saw jeb_ scratching his head to make this happen. So it must be a good thing :) - MineCraft Facebook

So we have until Friday (or possibly Saturday) to work this out...

Also i will be gone with my school Tuesday-Wednesday on there "retreat" (i would like to retreat from the retreat though..) So i will not be on to help catch baddies if it releases on Tuesday.

The date for 1.8 is expected to be released this week. I saw jeb_ scratching his head to make this happen. So it must be a good thing :) - MineCraft Facebook

So we have until Friday (or possibly Saturday) to work this out...

Also i will be gone with my school Tuesday-Wednesday on there "retreat" (i would like to retreat from the retreat though..) So i will not be on to help catch baddies if it releases on Tuesday.

It was said somewhere it would be the 8th... i may be wrong but if it is... i wont be on either D: maybe later in the day but still.. and pro... Please don't spam my steam messenger with that ever again.

Well we will get a random seed too do it.... i don't think its a good idea... a few people may disagree what would happen then?

My idea is for the Spawn world to be a created world.

My idea is a spawn in the middle with concentric squares moving out. Smaller plots near the spawn and larger and larger plots as you move out. Cart tracks lay out the squares and the spokes heading out from the middle.
I like Grey's idea of making it in the air.... Make the bottom of the map bedrock covered in 3 blocks of lava. Above that make 10 blocks of air Then start the island our spawn world is 7 blocks of obsidian then 20 blocks of smooth stone then 10 blocks of dirt. This will give us additional height to build up but will still give us some dig room. It will also give us the floating city feel.

The adventure world could be random seed or it could be generated biome. I'm not a big fan of created worlds like Dune because it throws off the content. Dune had a lot of Obsidian that normally takes work to get. I also saw people talking about finding veins of diamond that were 20 or 30 ore large. That to me unbalances the game the same way hacking does.

But no matter what we do, not everyone is going to be happy. Lets find something that most people are happy with and that leadership is willing to support (who cares if people are happy if leadership is not willing to support it). While 1.8 is due to come out soon, bukkit won't work for a while (especially with such a big and involved update) and may not work until after 1.9 is released. We have some time to get things set. Lets make a plan, tweak the plan and move forward with it.

People who don't participate in this discussion IMHO lose the option to complain once we implement it so make sure you're talking to people in game about the forum discussion.

People who don't participate in this discussion IMHO lose the option to complain once we implement it so make sure you're talking to people in game about the forum discussion.

hmm you have a point there. Maybe we can get someone too create the world but if you make a map then you don't get the caverns and new stuff that comes out with it. and Yes i made sure that the players who don't check the forums are up to date. We need a plug-in for a multi-world server.. meaning if the server crashes will we lose all are stuff? i don't think thats a good thing since it may cause a few issues.

P.S i said before if anyone has any plug-ins they want added in show me a link (make sure its from bukkit not from anywhere else) just post it in this thread and ill look at it.. or PM it to me.

Maybe we can get someone too create the world but if you make a map then you don't get the caverns and new stuff that comes out with it.

In my idea, the spawn world is not for exploring or anything like that. It's a safe place for building, storing and fellowship. To lose the new stuff is not that big a deal. They will be in the adventure world. And this way we don't need to keep changing spawn worlds to get the stuff in new updates because we keep updating the adventure world.

Remember, adventure world is not safe. Its a place of danger, thieves and quite possibly griefers. You really don't want to build there or live there. Just visit and explore, mine and farm.

I love the idea of the Adventure-World being without law, making a real challenge for players to even live/survive there since there are no rules/PvP is on, and the idea of a floating city/spawn point with a set amount of plots of land.

I will suggest that we use WorldManger to make Spawn-World into a Skylands world, Because it's always day meaning no/little need for torches, Very small amount of monsters, and the city will floats! You don't have to if you don't want to, just saying we could.

The server got moved a few weeks ago and since then it's hard drive size seems to have gotten smaller meaning only 2 backups of Gamma at a time, The server used to be able to have like 20 backups of Gamma.
So what this means is Spawn-World can be 1000 x 1000 and the Adventure-World can be 3000 x 3000 and the Spawn-World will get 1 back-up per day and the previous day's backup will get deleted..
Why wouldn't everyone be allowed to explore if they want to? Is there a technical issue that prompts that question?
Yes there is, one player exploring will make the server generate new Chunks which if is done for more than a few mintues will start to lag the server.

hmm... I like the idea of this. I don't know how it would work for this, but I would be willing to make a spawn world with MCedit, I can have it done by the end of tomorrow for you guys to put up. If you don't like it, you don't have to use it, but it will give players the ability to build up as high as they feel they need to and clearly mark out player's areas as well as having a nice city feel... I've been REALLY wanting to get super creative for a while now like this (; So I'm up for the challenge if you guys would be ok with that. Also, since I have the gamma save from a few days ago, I can make schematics of Gamma structures and put them into the spawn world as they were a couple days ago as I'm building the map. I know I'm moving in Adventure Co to one of the far ends of it, and I know my mom would like Herod's Temple moved, sooooo if there's anything else let me know, otherwise I'll just throw this and that in there, like Noah's ark and some other random projects. Again, use it or not I'm going to make it so yea. xD Should be fun. I'll try to be fair as far as space goes, if I need to make changes to suit needs, shouldn't be too hard. I'll start working on it immediately. This way, whatever you people decide, we'll have a nice world ready for us. I'll make it 2k*2k, because having alot of players crammed together even in a 1k*1k would suck. :p I'm tempted to make it 2.5k*2.5k. I like my space. xD Poll this thing, like now!

Back