• Yes

Votes: 15 78.9%
  • No

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Maybe/Not Sure

Votes: 3 15.8%

• Total voters

mb_sloan

Hey guys I have been toying with this for a while and thought I would bring it up. I came from a pvp server and sometimes really miss that. I would like to make a night about 7:00-7:30 server time to start a PVP night. It would not interfere with ZG. We could do any of the following: EPL and Sithilus, Planned BG's, raiding towns and cities, or the Arena. We could also rotate or start small and grow bigger(small towns up to Orgimmar). Anyone could come and as many people as wanted to come. We could split up into mulitple raids if we had more than 40(doubtful). Anyone under level 60 could come but be aware that you might go down pretty fast. But can you please leave some feedback.

I am game if I am around. I would also like to suggest a mixture of everything available to involve everyone and everyones taste. Personnaly, I prefer a stable setting such as the BG. But, that leaves out everyone under 60. Then again, I hear that everything is getting pretty much reset in BC and a new arena system or something like that is going to be implimented. I honestly have not read up on it too much.

Shuranda and I grew up on a pvp server as well. We miss world pvp and never miss an opportunity to say howdy to a flagged Horde. Neither of my 60s are very good in BG; they're built for raiding and I get frustrated trying to do BG with them (barring AV). I don't mind doing WSG or AB with my 44 rogue.

I really like world pvp. I'm more than willing to go raid a town. Killing their "gryphon" master is always a hoot. Pick a town that is a major link, say Crossroad, and watch them cry. We just need to be careful not to hit the civilians.

I have been doing some Bg's and am actually having fun:) I would enjoy having a group of guildies to go with. It doesn't matter to me what type of pvp we do though. I would be up for whatever, on either my druid or warrior.

I'm game... I'm almost lvl 49 with my Baraach, & definitely interested in getting some honour. BGs are always interesting, but I absolutely love the tiny bit of World PVP I've done. I wish there was more of it. :)

Drooll.. Smack...

I'm game, since grinding to Commander with Rueage, there are times I miss it (as long as its not wsg). Count me in with Esua

I always wanted to try something like garrison Nethergarde Keep in Durotar, you know, defend the castle that is under constant siege by the horde.

Not sure if it would work or not, but I think once the horde caught on, its close enough to Orgrimaar to keep things interesting. You know, keep healing the poor alliance marines so the lowbies get frustrated, maybe have some lowbies of our own there (with 60's hiding in the keep, or waiting to be summoned in by warlocks)..... Eventually some will risk PVP, and we slowly escallate it......

What do you think?

I am going to post a signup under calendar probably tomorrow or Saturday. Any ideas about where we should meet at or go first. I was thinking for World PVP to start small and hopefully work our way up to Undead City, Org, and the Tauren city. So to start small I was thinking maybe like Hammerfall or somewhere like that. If that is still to big we could hit even smaller towns like their eqivalent to our Goldshire. Any ideas before I post the sign up sheet. Like I said I will try to have the signup sheet posted by Friday or Saturday.

Another question, I thought about bringing SGA into this as well to get more members for the raid. Any suggestions? I don't have a problem either way. Thanks.

Crossroads or Taurin <sp> Mill was always the hot spot when I used to do the world PvP thing.

Crossroads or Taurin <sp> Mill was always the hot spot when I used to do the world PvP thing.

QFE.

Crossroads is level 10+, like our Sentinal Hill. It is easily accessable now that we have a FP in Ratchet. We won't gain any honor there, but we could be a thorn in the Horde's side.

Tarren Mill is level 25+ and is the FP taken to the Horde AB entrance. It will have some 60s hanging around. It is slightly easier to reach than XR and we stand a chance of gaining some honor.

If all we want is to have fun, either will do. If we want to create a little havoc as well, attack XR. If we want to be somewhat "fare" then attack TM.

One last point: The lower the level of the town we attack, the more guildies can attend; not everyone has a 60 toon.

Either sounds good, but I like the idea of making it more accessable for all. Besides, the XR will quickly fill up with 60s coming to help out, thus providing honour for everyone :)

Are we going to have some order & structure to our raid (and a battle plan), or just do whatever (like most of the world PVP I've been involved in). Personally, I think it would be better to have some structure, but that may quickly degenerate anyway....

I would insist, however, being a forum watcher, that if we hit XR, we make sure not to harm the quest dudes so that non-PvP'd lowbies can get their quests done effectively.

Nothing says "low-class gamer" like killing quest mobs.

I posted in Calendar today so be sure to sign up. I said that we would attack Tarren Mill but seeing some of the concern we can attack XR instead. I just said for everyone to meet in Ironforge and we can decide then depending on who all shows up.

I would like to see some order to it as well and not us just running in chaos killing everything. Since this is my first lead event I wouldn't mind some pointers or help. I am going to post some guidelines and goals for the raid.

I am not gonna do anything that will get me Dk's, and I think you get those for killing civilians. And I don't wanna do any griefing. Pvp with folks that flag themselves is fine. Bg's are fine. Griefing lowbie areas so that players can't get quests and such done is not. For me anyway.

Yeah, I think most of us will not grief at all... I just wanted to bring it up because I think that it falls under "un-Christianlike" behavior. :)

I don't think we'll have a problem with it at all :)

So..... um, what happened with this?

I was a little dissapointed when nothing happened on Thursday night, but hey, that's the way life goes, and I almost didn't make it either (RL almost got in the way :)

Well for me, since I hosted it, RL did get in the way. But only 2 people had signed up for it so I didn't think it would of happened anyway. If people are going to sign up for it I would love to do it. I aslo thought about something different to. If people are not going to sign up for PVP what about world Boss raids?

I was out of town giving training in Boston. Also, the calendar thingy is acting all funky so a few folks may not have known about it.

Back