Redeemed -Warhammer OFFICIAL FACTION!

Your not left out bro, check the original post
Also, if you have any thoughts regarding this decision please share them!

It is not too late to consider otherwise.

We really welcome your thoughts and opinions here so the best decision for the guild can be made.

For the record, both sides are amazing so we can't go wrong ;) The game is like chocolate poured over money, it's that good! Whatever side we pick you can bet many of us will have alts in the other faction. We will make sure to setup up nights where we all can play the other faction together from time to time. It is good for strategy as well as adding a different flavor.

Last edited:
actually... the decision was made to go ORDER... i was left out of that choice..

now.. i am not an officer...but i never got a chance to play before this decision was made...

and... lets be honest...1 person voting Destro vs 15 voting order = order...

which i am cool with.. i have yet to play the game at all...

i could end up loving order more... so i am not mad...

just disapointed this decision was made before some of us could play, or.. play both factions...

I am cool with Order, it being my preferene out of the two.

Blu, I also played Alliance side for most of my time in WoW and was pretty sick of it towards the end. Most of my real life coworkers/friends are wanting to play Destruction for the same reason (having played Alliance in WoW).

Destruction in WAR is evil. No ifs, ands, or buts about it. Horde was just a bunch of outcasts/misfits that formed together. They were more noble that some on the Allaince side.

Order is darker than the Alliance ever was. It is hard to compare the two to you without playing the game first. My advice would be to try a stint into Destro in OB. (Maybe a day were we all make Destro toons for fun).

I found that no mater which side I was on, I had immense fun grouping with the guild and doing RvR.

Blubarry, trust me I was the only officer who liked Destruction over Order.

But trust me, you will not be disappointed.

Both sides have their equals, the opposing classes, Bright Wizard vs Dark Elf Sorceress for example, just look a little different.

You wont really be missing out on much aside from looks and starting areas.

Like I said in the opening post of this thread, its not too late for us to change our minds, as the game is not live.

Last edited:
My personal reason for wanting order has less to do with game play or style and more to do with what I enjoy.

The sides have never been split equally. Destruction is over populated in a large way. As much as 80% never less than 60% (and I have been playing for months). When we played Destruction I found I did not get into as many RvR scenarios. I found the open RvR not very compelling because we owned everything and there was nothing to take. I found the Public Quest way over crowded. Over all for me it was a numbers game.

I would rather be lower populated side and join Redeemed groups and play RvR all day and not have to wait on que's or opposing factions to take over keeps. I would rather be fighting all the time. More RvR means more Renown points, more RP's mean stronger Characters.

My decision had little to do with "evil" vs. "good". Both sides are pagan enough for anyone.

Uniqueness about WAR and WoW...

In WoW the Alliance and Horde are opposed to each other, yes, but they both work for the same things and are many times on the same side...

In WAR, the Destruction is actually the bad guys (much like if you could be a scourge under the Lich King), and the Order are trying to stop the Destruction from taking over the world...

In short, WoW and WAR sides are very different, WARs "siding" is much different than any game out there...which is awesome!

Introductory story lines as I experienced them:

Empire/Chaos (I played both sides)- Empire trying to hold the invading forces of Chaos back.

High Elf/Dark Elf (I played Dark Elf) - the Dark Elves had High Elf slaves, so I can assume that Dark Elves were the aggressors here.

Dwarf/Greenskin (I played both) - Greenskins were trying to invade the Dwarf area, Dwarfs were trying to hold them back.

In all three faction comparisons, the Order was defending and the Destruction was the aggressor. I believe that this may be why the Destruction had more numbers, because initially the game portrays them as superior or more aggressive.

That's the only deterrent for me as Order, not because it makes me feel that the Destruction is superior (that would be impossible in an MMO) but rather it would make others feel that way and therefore overpopulate my opposing side.

But as Icthus stated above, it is not all bad because the populations are off at first... I am sure Mythic will find a way to fix that.

Last edited:
Maybe that is why I enjoyed Order so much too. Scenarios usually popped like crazy and I never had problems getting into them, while playing Order. I found good organized groups on Order that won using tactics. On the Destro side, Scenarios popped seldom and open RvR just felt like a zerg.

I thoroughly enjoy RvR in this game and at first was worried about the population imbalance. I feel that with enough Redeemed players involved, we will just take a keep when we need it, using tactics, so the zerg will be less effective.

I know that Odale enjoyed his Magus. That leads to my next question for Odale. I know you dislike the Dwarf starting area, but have you considered an Engineer? They are supposed to play similar to the Magus. I only got to play a little bit of one and intend to tryit out more when OB hits.

Last edited:
I actually would bet money that Order will be the overpopulated faction come release. What we have seen in closed beta has definitely been higher Destro populations but that is just mere thousands and mostly the hardcore beta-type players, once a million+ casual players join the mix I think Order will be the ones with the queues.

mark my words!

I would be you that.

Though, I don't like Sushi.

How about a $300 dollar plane ticket..

Ok so the bet will by the 3rd day of retail launch, there will be >15% order vs destro on a majority of servers. You want to take me up Icthus?

Ok so the bet will by the 3rd day of retail launch, there will be >15% order vs destro on a majority of servers. You want to take me up Icthus?

No Problem, except that I have a hard time taking your money since Tree laid you off.

Wish I didn't have so many personal restrictions right now so I won't be able to zerg play when the open comes. I'll be lucky to play any time before 9pm. Ironbreaker does sound cool.

My friend has asked me to help him move this coming weekend, probably on Sunday since Hannah's supposed to be running through Northern Virginia all of Saturday. Boo to not getting to play Warhammer ALL of Sunday. T_T

Back