Seeking new product art

G

Greetings, all!

I'm pleased that my system has allowed me to remain online for a whole three hours *GASP* so I can clear out a few lines of my task list and address the Editors Guild.

Now, most of you have visited the online store, if only to take a peek at the product art. While art for several pieces has been revised and new art was added for a few choice items, I'd like to have our graphic designers to start work on new product art.

Of course, there are strict requirements for product art. We can't use previously copyrighted images, gradients should be kept to a minimum (if used at all), and the less complex the art, the better. For more information on resolutions and all that, check out the Cafepress Image Resolution Guidelines Chart. And, of course, be sure to browse through their Image Workshop.

Normally, I'd upload the base art used for the "classic" Tribe of Judah in PSD format, but I'd rather you guys start from scratch and create some fresh new art. I'll likely upload the base art Stormy provided to ToJ web space soon, but not immediately. If you'd like to work with the lion art she drew up, then feel free to IM or e-mail me with your request.

When you complete a draft or final version of your design, please upload it to web space and send me the link. I ask this because I'm still on 56k, and receiving a 1MB ZIP file containing a larger PNG file would probably send me rushing for the closest Nerf bat and plane ticket. If you don't have web space and need some place to upload your art to, contact me and we'll work something out.

Just imagine--your digital art could be on someone's boxers! *chuckle*

Well, it depends on the product you're designing art for. I'd prefer to have specific image files for specifics items, but I can always resize and touch the image up a bit if need be.

I had a play and im not entirely happy with the result but you can judge for yourself.. it hasnt really got any kind of defined edge..

well download it and feel free to edit and mess with it..

500k jpg so watch out 56k-ers

Tshirt design 1000x800

im gonna clean up some of the edges when i get 65 mins but u get the idea..

Ok changed it again, i didnt like the flat top edge so i did the whole fadin thing along the top too.. and cleaned up a glitch at the bottom. Should be finished now..

Remember to refresh if u have versions 1 or 2..
smile.gif
as of 5:15pm EST

Hrm. I'll have to look into the possibility of creating multiple shirts with various designs. I think that would require a commercial store, though. And upgrading to a commercial account, of course, includes fees. >_<

Perhaps we could have the shirt design changed every two or three months? We would save the older images, of course, in case there was enough demand for past designs. *shrug* Just an idea.

Anyway, I'd really like to see what you all can do when set loose on a project like this. I'm setting aside some cash to purchase a ToJ golf shirt and while I like the current design, I think you guys could do better. (NOTE: I can say this because I created the original design.)

So, let's see what you guys can do. I want a shirt that I can wear proudly and have people ask me, "Wow, that's an awesome shirt, what's Tribe of Judah?" Yeh.

And don't forget, I won't be the only one wearing this new design! Many members of ToJ have expressed interest in purchasing ToJ shtuff!

biggrin.gif

After re-designing the Tribe of Judah golf shirt art, I've realized just how time-consuming product art design can be. Of course, I really do like how the golf shirt turned out...

tek7-tojgolfshirt.jpg

*hugs his girlfriend for buying him the golf shirt*

So. Let's see what you creative types can put together. All the guidelines and such are listed in previous post, so it's time to get a move on!

NOTICE: I have removed almost all of the items from our online store. Those items that are left will be printed with high-resolution art (such as the golf shirt displayed in my previous post).

I'm now seeking to replace the product art for the following items:

Baseball Cap
Baseball Jersey
BBQ Apron
Large Mug
Lunchbox
Mousepad
Mug
Stainless Steel Travel Mug
Sticker (Bumper)
Tile Coaster

I'd also like to add some items for the ladies and touch up the art for both the boxers and teddy bear using the same (Stormy's) base art.

If you have submissions for product art, please contact me and we'll arrange a way to transfer the file.

EDIT: Visit the Editor's Guild files section to download Stormy's and Samurai Lincoln's Tribe of Judah base art.

I thought maybe moving this thread to the Editors Guild, since expanded to include all of CGA, would spark some conversation. Here's hoping.

hrm.. not much help for good ole Tek.. makin fun of him.. I think i posted this already, but we're all made from the image of god, if u think someone's ugly, that makes YOU ugly.

smile.gif
How do we help in though.. i don't hav any knowledge of shirts/caps making.. but i hav a bitty bit knowings in Photoshop -_-
does that help?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Flash @ Oct. 23 2003,10:32)]hrm.. not much help for good ole Tek.. makin fun of him.. I think i posted this already, but we're all made from the image of god, if u think someone's ugly, that makes YOU ugly.
Thank you, Flash. Well said.
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]
smile.gif
How do we help in though.. i don't hav any knowledge of shirts/caps making.. but i hav a bitty bit knowings in Photoshop -_-
does that help?

*nod* It does. All we have to supply to CafePress is a suitable image for the various merchandise available and they take care of the printing end. If you'd like to work on some new product art, check the CafePress Help section for product art specifications and load up Photoshop.

biggrin.gif

Hmm I see i'll try CafePress's website.. I'll try to look for some other help from other ToJers or Even Flsers to join in if possible

FYI: after the end of this week (i am on mission in church).. i am going to set about making a new toj tshirt logo...

cmon lets have some other people doing it too
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (rizz @ Oct. 28 2003,3:53)]i made a quick one.... low resolution version if u like it i will put the high res one up..

new logo version 1
Quite a nifty graphic there, rizz.
biggrin.gif

Just to make sure: Is this a general logo or one specifically designed for t-shirts? It's an excellent wallpaper image but probably a bit too complex for t-shirts. I was hoping to include one of the new lion logos since they're simple black and white line art.

Of course, anyone is free to design the t-shirt art however they'd like. I'd just like to try out a very basic logo for the next t-shirt design--or at least golf shirt pocket design. The t-shirt design can be more complex than the golf shirt pocket design since it will be a higher resolution image.

By the way, Rizz, what Photoshop filters do you use? They look pretty durn snazzy.
smile.gif

theres hardly any plugins there. i did 3 layers of text for ToJ. 1 black with a bevel. two grey. on the two grey i did wind blasts in both directions.

then i got hold of some nice vector graphics and added them in with a bit of transparency and such.

i dunno if thats a wallpaper or a tshirt design. it could be either i guess.. i was just messing around with it.

Ok i wanted to turn it into a wallpaper and got carried away. heres the high res original which could be tshirt i guess and the new wallpaper which is just insane.. i might redo the text and stuff on it cos it didnt transfer very well.

logo 1
logo 2

*edit* redid the text on wallpaper. refresh.

Back