Seeking new product art

wow.gif
i should use some of mah no school time.. due to SanDiego Firestorm 2003.. its insane.. 3 straight days no skool.. *quak!*

Going for simple here...

figured that the front will say Tribe of Judah, so I just put text that would make a person interested...

t-shirt #1

GB,
BlazeQ

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BlazeQ @ Oct. 28 2003,9:28)]Going for simple here...

figured that the front will say Tribe of Judah, so I just put text that would make a person interested...

t-shirt #1

GB,
BlazeQ
An excellent start, BlazeQ.
biggrin.gif

A few quick recommendations: I like the use of the new logo but don't think that the mirror effect works well for a t-shirt. But *shrug* that's a matter of taste, really. The other thing I'd suggest is leaving the eyes as they are in the original logo; the lion looks a little scarry with those alien eyes. O_O

Other than that, great stuff! Keep up the good work!

Here's a set with an interesting idea.  The list on the back can be added to as more games are added. heh, members can also circle or underline games they play.  It would be a cool way of advertising...

Front #2
Back #2

The games may be a little hard to read, but it's a cool font and it makes the shirt all the more interesting.
*looks behind and sees a bunch of geeks following and trying to read the words*... ;)

Dude, I dig that front image. Think you could possibly format that for use on the baseball caps? *G* All the info should be on the CafePress Help section, under Image Sizes. Or something. *sneezes* Okay. A few more posts then I'm heading back to bed.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BlazeQ @ Oct. 30 2003,5:08)]Here's a set with an interesting idea. The list on the back can be added to as more games are added. heh, members can also circle or underline games they play. It would be a cool way of advertising...

Front #2
Back #2

The games may be a little hard to read, but it's a cool font and it makes the shirt all the more interesting.
*looks behind and sees a bunch of geeks following and trying to read the words*... ;)

Hrm. The tricky thing is that this shirt would be outdated rather quickly. We're planning on removing a few chapters and adding others before year's end. Even after that, there might be an unexpected smash hit release (maybe Typing of the Dead 2 is secretly in development! =O) so I'd hesitate to go with that. Plus, whatever we mark the shirts with would probably wear off with a few washes. And if it doesn't, and you're not playing Counter-Strike when your shirt says you do, then, well, that's just not cool.

An interesting idea and one I'd like to see implemented in some way. Just not on a t-shirt. ;_;

Ah, but that's the beauty of it.  It's a time piece.  Someone could come up and say "Hey man you used to play (insert game here)! That was an awesome game!" and so on and so forth. It would kind of place the members as to when they joined, like "Hey, I have the original chapters ToJ shirt", "I have the second edition", etc.

If anything else you could run a poll and see how people like the idea
smile.gif
(or put one shirt on CP with the design and see how many sales it gets compared to the others).

I don't really care for the marker idea myself. Though I do have several shirts signed with sharpies that have been through the wash many times and haven't faded at all.

Anyway, I have another idea for the back, so stay tuned!

GB,
BlazeQ

Did samurai definitely draw that lion from scratch cos i saw it as part of a poster advertising the lion king
rock.gif

which is very unusual for a local newspaper in newark, uk lol

[b said:
Quote[/b] (rizz @ Oct. 31 2003,9:58)]Did samurai definitely draw that lion from scratch cos i saw it as part of a poster advertising the lion king
rock.gif

which is very unusual for a local newspaper in newark, uk lol
Gah, I saw the same thing on ER last night. You can check out the official LK theatre logo here.

The two images are different, but the ToJ logo is so similar that I worry that Disney would slap a lawsuit against us for using a likeness of their logo. -_- So it looks like we'll need to axe that particular logo art. ;_; Which is a shame, because Samurai Lincoln did a great job with it.

Yeh.. thats why i used stormys one.. think that would be well cooler if the outside was beefed up like SL's one. But it looks cool as it is.

Ah shucks.  The other lion looks a bit tame for my liking.  Maybe I'll cross breed them and get a better one for us to use
biggrin.gif

Yeh i think we could do with some more original lion drawings.. i dotn really have the time to get pencil to paper unfortunately.... however i have made another tshirt design... based on the old one loosely...

http://rizz.toj.cc/tojart2.htm

eh, finally an excuse to draw another lion. think am gonna do two (man, my skill with the english language has fallen by the wayside today). it'll be a few days. sorry for all of ya that are...well....

fast.

oh, the two. am gonna do em from diff views so y'all can do whatever (or pitch em both in the garbarge. no matter.

Rizz: I love this image!

I only have a few recommendations before putting it on the ToJ t-shirt:

- Rotate the sword slightly, if possible. It's almost straight, but the perfectionist in me just can't let it go. ^_^;;
- Since it's for a t-shirt design, remove all the bevels and shading. If possible, reduce the number of colors used for the sword hilt.
- Remove the red wind streaks from the sword.
- Remove the "http://" text.
- Play with the text a bit and see if centering everything looks better.
- Replace the white gradient glow around the "Tribe of Judah" text with a thin solid white outline.
- Reformat the image to fit the DPI and resolution requirements for the CafePress t-shirt products.

Of course, I stress that these are all recommendations, and that I suggest them only for t-shirt design. The image is already perfect as a wallpaper.
biggrin.gif

EDIT: I'm so demanding, aren't I? *g*

*jumps up and down
mad.gif
it's the SAME idea. where is the van gogh in ToJ that'll come up with something new?

*ponders cutting her ear off.

j/k

Back