Server down?

Narius

Is the server down? I can't log on. It's not a whitelist problem, it's a connection error.

I can't log into minecraft. I can't even get to our server login because I can't log into minecraft. It was slow logging in earlier today.

Notch allowed an early release of 1.8. It's not part of the auto updater because it's still not ready. The actual release of 1.8 should be on Monday. But the early release is on the minecraft server which is causing a lot of traffic as well as all the people trying to play the early release.

Yep, I be playing it.

And I did have trouble getting onto the server earlier, but I was eventually able to. Seemed to be as Wolf says.

Hmm, okay. I can log in and play on single player or Minecraft Workbench, I just can't connect to TOJ's server. Hmmm...

Should I clarify - I'm playing the pre-released version 1.8. Not on the servers. And now that I updated it, I don't think I could anyway.

Server is up and playable on 1.7.3. I don't know if they ever ported over the IP address to mc.toj.cc so that may be an issue. Change it to the IP address given earlier if you're using mc.toj.cc and see if that works.

I sent Tek a PM about 3 days ago to have mc.toj.cc connect to the server's new IP 64.31.10.106:25565
BTW I can connect.

Notch allowed an early release of 1.8.

xD Totally off topic, but Jebs is now the lead programmer and project manager or whatever you want to call it on Minecraft and calls the shots, Notch just tells him what he wants put in and writes codes now.

Bah. Now neither one works. LOL Though a lot of things will be going up and down during this transition phase, so patience is key here I suppose.

Server should be running 1.8.1 now. Make sure that's the version you're running. If you're attempting to connect using the ip, make sure you have the port after the ip address.

Sarugon and I both had a problem updating Minecraft because we were using the old version of the installer. You have to go in and delete the Minecraft.exe program and then reinstall it from the web. NOT the folder with the bin files in it, just the Minecraft.exe program!

Those are the only two things I can think of at this time.

Good advice, but I am running 1.8.1 now. The problem doesn't seem to be a version error. The problem seems to be a communication error. I'm getting a "can't reach server" on my join server screen. I'll try it though.

*add*

Nope. Same thing. Not only did I empty the bin folder, but I also downloaded minecraft.exe directly from the website. Error is "Can't reach server" which indicates a connection or server problem. But thanks for helping, Wolfe.

Last edited:
I could get on yesterday, but now I'm getting the same message Malohaut is getting. :(

There was a facebook post earlier about lag issues with the server and retrying if the server went down.

It may have gotten worse.

not a big deal. I picked a smallish island not far from original spawn. I set up a house there on launch day. I had made some minor improvements this week off and on. I came back today and found someone had started a dig on the other side of the island and came right into my house from the back. I put up some signs now.

Back