Should religion have a place in politics

Eon said:
As to your question about environmentalists, I'd be forced to say the increasing and very real evidence of climactic change in the world.

Even if I agreed with you on human cause for the change, you think that gives the environmentalists more of a right to be politically active than Christians?

Yes, I'd say so. Certainly human behaviour is having an impact on the environment. Certainly this is one of the largest problems facing humanity in the coming centuries. Certainly this climactic change is externally verifiable.

I wouldn't say anything at all similar about Christian politics.

Should religion have a place in politics?

It is a touchy and challenging dilemma, Having read about the founding fathers and done the research personally, some of my favorite fathers were not the Christians I was lead to believe, reading the constitution I see the fathers did not want a state religion, but for each and every man to have the right to follow his beliefs.

Times were different than they are now, I find myself likening the arguments of the law in favor to this imposed by religious ramblings. I feel they should be no politics of religion in state matters.

I stress again the no harm to the mental, physical, or emotional damage to another. Is it so hard to get along? Do I really need a stone message from God himself, to know not to steal DV’s stuff? That throwing Bob off a building is wrong? No, these are simple truths of life.

Faith based systems are well and good, until they dictate to the masses that they are wrong and we’re better than you or are abused. Now not everyone is that way, but you here on the forums; you are a small part of Christianity community that are kind, open minded to tolerate those who disagree with you. (I am sure we remember the trading spouses psycho alert video or show)

America (No offense to Canadians or the English, I do not know your history well enough,) But as an American, who has bleed for the ole red, white and blue, and fought besides and healed, all races and religions of Americans, Americans should be about tolerance and freedom as long as those freedom do not, ever infringe on the freedoms of another human being.

Back