So uh, Naxx 10 anyone?

having 2 and 1 back up healer who can dps is the best. We have ran with 3 tanks where 1 could dps and 1 could heal that worked well to.

Healing naxx: What Anita/Rhys said. 2.5 is best for a new group. Our old naxx group did with 2 strong (heroic/rep/craftable/badge gear) healers and one (myself) .5 heals with similiar gear. When I was not tanking I was healing in my tank spec (Before dual spec). I think we only used my heals though on first spider boss and Saph.

Well, let's try it with 2 healers...Meaghan's group will get some healing from shadowform anyway. I'll talk to her about being a backup healer if needed.

1. Jeke (melee dps)
2. Keymasher (ranged dps)
3. Chimon (ranged dps)
4. Allanon (healer)
5. Valoden (ranged dps)
6. Beaten (tank)
7. Massada (melee dps)
8. Austinn (melee dps)
9. Wend (healer)/Dranoe (healer)
10. Dragost (tank)

I should also mention that we will probably be starting a bit later this Friday, as Jason and Meaghan probably won't get home from work until 9:30pm. I will double check with him that they are still planning to make it.

Alan, I have some good news and bad news:

The good news is that our church has found a new Associate Pastor, and the Assoc. Pastor Search Comm. (which Tanya was on) is done w/ their searching. We will be having a celebratory get-together to welcome in the new pastor and his wife, and all Search Committee members and their spouses, along with the Board of Directors (which I am one) and their spouses are to be there. So we each have to be there for 2 different reasons.

Good news: I thought it was this coming Fri. (7/24) and would cause me to miss Naxx 10. However, it is not.

Bad news: It's this Sat. (7/25) and will therefore cause me to miss the 2nd day of the run.

Of course, since we're gonna be clearing all 4 wings, Saph, and KT too in 1 night, we obviously won't need the 2nd night, right? /cast Wishful Thinking (Rank 1).

I will definitely be there w/ reagents on Friday night to take down as many as we can.

Eric

More news - I suppose it's slightly good news. I just heard from Austin and he will be available Sat, but not Friday - just the opposite of me.

So, all you need is a dps sub for both nights - to take Austinn's melee dps spot on Fri night, and Chimon's ranged dps spot on Sat night. I would reckon that that would be easier to find than someone to fill in for only 1 night for a run already in progress.

Anyways, there it is, hot off the presses.

Still looking forward to getting this Naxx 10 run going.

Eric

P.S. - Despite getting back from church youth camp on Fri. 7/31, I am still currently planning on being there for our run on the 2nd week (although my state of fatigue at that time will determine whether or not I have the energy to lob fireballs at bad guys - lol)

Thought I should mention, for those who haven't raided before, or not often:
There are some pretty standard things you should bring to raids:
- Fully repaired and enchanted gear. I can understand if you just hit 80 or have some brand new gear that it might not be enchanted all the way, but try to get it done.
- Bring flasks appropriate for your role. These pots are a HUGE buff, and they last through death, so they're ideal for raids. If you have an herbalist, you can farm the mats, and many people in the guild and SGA would be glad to make them for you.
- Reagents for any spells or abilities you have. Bring enough for a 3-hour run.
- Buff Food (optional). I call this optional because i'm sure someone who actually bothered to level cooking and fishing will have a load of Fish Feasts to drop. If you need a specific food buff (to cap hit rating, for example) make sure you bring that.

Rueage is at your disposal, she can craft any and all flasks. Esua can cook any and all food. Both of them are available to anyone who needs stuff for the raid. I'll need to stock up on Fish Feast again, I take donations such as glacial salmon (have lots of the other two fish needed).

Talked with Meaghan last night. She confirmed that Jason and her are planning to make it Friday, but will be about 30 minutes late. She also agreed to being the optional 3rd healer when needed.

doh!!! I had a serious case of post pregnancy brain and although I've been frantically levelling Dranoe to have her ready for tonight (she won't be).....I invited people over for a BBQ this evening so Adam and I might be unable to make it tonight...I'd hate to shove them out the door at 9:00 citing other plans. I'M SORRY (on behalf of both of us).

Ok, no worries, I'll try find other people...note that we'll probably be starting at 9:30 tonight anyway.

Also, there's always tomorrow or next week. Would give a few people an extra week to get ready.

I'll still try to get things going tonight.

Just wanted to make a comment about loot and armor classes: I'm not going to enforce a "clothies get first stab at cloth" kind of rule, because as a healer I know that the stats are what matters, not the armor. However, PLEASE be considerate of your fellow raid members, and remember that not every class has the same variety of gear options.

On an unrelated note, we still haven't come up with a raid name... We'll have to discuss that tonight. Some thoughts I've had:
- Accidentally Awesome
- Acts of the Forgiven
- Team (whatever the next in line is)
- Baked Goods (altho there is already a Diona's Donuts run)

Most suggestions are welcome.

Last edited:
Throwing my suggestion into the pot

Odd Jobs

We're odd...or we do whatever needs to be done to get the job done....and Job is a book of the bible he was (as we are trying to be) blameless and upright, feared God and shunned evil.

Job is a book of the bible he was (as we are trying to be) blameless and upright, feared God and shunned evil.

He was also worked over several times in very nasty and damaging ways, but kept his trust in God and persisted.

Much like a tough WoW raiding team.

First run of Odd Jobs was last night. We started a bit late, having to find some people to fill in. Much thanks to Purplefeet and Shaiden for helping out. We successfully cleared the Spider and Plague Wings, which is excellent progress for a first run. Grats to Robin and Trevor who cleaned up very nicely, loot-wise.

Tonight we will be tackling the rest of the dungeon, starting at 9pm server time.

Back