Some thoughts about the guild

WEll I was never apart of redeemed and I just joined ToJ, but I like the idea of having our own identity rather then being in another guilds shadow.

Well Grim, now that Ewok and I are here to assist how ever you want as well. Well I would guess Ewok wouldn't mind helping....

Yeah I'm sold, no matter if its the worst launch ever I will be a fanboy and be playing it for years to come. 2011 will be epic!

Sounds great to me. I also know of several others who will most likely be a part of launch, though they haven't posted as much. I would love to see that interest increase significantly by the time of launch, but we'll just have to see what happens.

If you mean that more people will probably show interest when launch gets closer, I would think you are right. Assuming that everyone who is interested now stays that way we should have more people by the time of launch.

Sounds great to me. I also know of several others who will most likely be a part of launch, though they haven't posted as much. I would love to see that interest increase significantly by the time of launch, but we'll just have to see what happens.

My daughter and I will be playing at launch. Way too many fantasy MMO's these days and Bioware + SWTOR = win!

My 2 cents, CFD sounds good, RP or PvP why not both?
One is supposed to bring the light to the darkness, while I'm sure some RP rather negative things, there is certainly no reason we couldn't have a guild based on a positive RP and thus be an example for others to look up to.
Second there's no reason people can't RP on PvP servers, RP or PvP that's just the rule set the server is governed by. Also, I'm not particularly a great fan of doing the PvP stuff, and not everyone may be.

How are we going to bring up God in a RP server? I mean there is no Bible or anything like this in starwars...plus were sith...so as im going to go kill my master dont forget to turn the other cheek? Im open to the idea but I just dont know how we could do it.

If there is a lot of call for playing on an RP server then I'll consider it, but I would take some serious convincing to try an RP server. If we were to pick a server type other than PvP, I would definitely go with a normal server where PvP is always optional before I would go with a RP server. So my server ranking would be PvP > Normal >>>>>> RPPvP > RP. If you like to play on a RP server that's fine, I just have no interest in doing so at this point.

My personal preference would be

PvP > RPPvP > PvE > RP

I mean, I have nothing against RP & PvE, I just fill my playtime with PvP. I have yet to see a RP server whose population really sticks with RP rulesets. Closest game/server I have seen that happen on is LOTRO's Landroval "unnoficial RP server" and that's mostly not.

If people are really big on RP, I would gladly do what I could to help them feel they were welcome to within the guild, even if that means we were on a RPPvP server. I could really see people passionate about RP in the Star Wars universe and will respect that.

My point was to let the way we RP be an example to others. There's no reason a Sith HAS to kill his master to take over, its just the way it typically goes. I've always thought the main differance between Sith and Jedi was that Sith let their emotions loose while Jedi suppress them. Its just that most Sith let their emotions go too much, why not a group of Sith that have a balance between the two? I've read quite a bit of Starwars books, there is no "dark" or "light" side of the Force, only one's actions choose their path. Thus there could be a group of Sith who choose positive actions and yet are not Jedi in that they allow their emotions nearly free reign. Some Sith have been known to have democratic government e.g. a "council" of a sort, granted those sith also had a higher ruler over the council.

I strongly prefer a PvP server, even though I don't much like PvP in WoW. I've always played on one, and recently rolled an alt on a non-pvp server. It was SO WEIRD to see opposing faction, and have there not be a threat.

So my vote is for a PvP non-RP server.

Also I'll be playing, and am likely to let my WoW sub run out when starting this game. I can't really maintain two MMOs and stay married. I assume this game is slated for next year. My term as Redeemed Guild Leader runs out in December, so I'm hoping it won't be until at least after that.

I'd be up for an officer position if needed, but am not interested in being a guild leader at this time. Not that I don't enjoy my position in Redeemed :p

Oh and also, I like Called from Darkness. Very Biblical. Very Sith. Very unique. I think having our guild listed on the TOJ and CGA sites should be in-road enough, I don't feel that we need to copy the guild name, though it's not a bad idea to make transition easier for current guild members making the switch from WoW.

Last edited:
Woah old thread....

My current thoughts:
-PvP server or die!
-Name is great.
-RP is fail in every MMO I have every played (currently on rp-pvp for Rift), unless the leadership is hardcore dedicated to it. It will just be a let down and it's better not to set that expectation.
-I was truly amazed how many people found our guild in Rift due to Google. ToJ/CGA and a little bit of recruiting on other Christian forums had us up at the top search for "Christian Rift Guild" for months.
-I don't think I will do officer this time around, I am way too excited about GW2 now and not sure how my time will be divided.

Yeah, sorry to resurrect this one. It is a forum sticky though :p

No problem there, flame. I intentionally planned for this topic to be available for a long time, that's why I stickied it.:)

As for officer positions, I'll keep in mind that you'd be willing to do that. I don't plan to appoint officers until we at least get CLOSE to release, though. I'm thinking that maybe within the couple weeks before release I can start doing that.

Just keep it at PvP. Although it bring realism to the game for many fans of SW and of MMO in general. If you want to set an example by showing your faith to another faction, simple, dont attack them lol instead do a /hug /love :) But all joking aside, I would definitely keep this guild in a PvP server. In WoW, there's was no better feeling than helping out a fellow Alliance guy when being attacked by the Horde. I vote keep it PvP.

Back