Starting ps3 game?

Yeah, it's a great time to have bought a PS3. The backlog of cheap games is HUGE!

I'd recommend perusing the top game lists on metacritic. Review scores aren't everything, of course, but it's a great way to get a reminder of what is out there.

I'm thinking of picking up Valkyria Chronicles and Soul Calibur IV on Amazon.com.
I decided to wait on VC. I played the demo and I really liked it (especially the art style), but I already have a backlog of single-player games I need to get through. I've started a "VC purchase checklist" in OneNote and I'll be crossing games off as I go.

I also realized that receiving that the glee of receiving the PS3 as a gift had scrambled my brain. I was already tallying up the cost of the Amazon.com order when I remembered, "Oh, right. I'm unemployed. I should probably wait and play the game I already have first."

The good news is that LittleBigPlanet and the Sega Genesis Collection both feature a wealth of content (and a great opportunity to finally play through a Phantasy Star game) and Puzzle Fighter is, as always, one of the best puzzle games ever.

The good news is that LittleBigPlanet and the Sega Genesis Collection both feature a wealth of content (and a great opportunity to finally play through a Phantasy Star game) and Puzzle Fighter is, as always, one of the best puzzle games ever.

The Phantasy Star games are excellent (even if #1/2 are severely dated). I'll add - the Shining Force games are my favorite turn based strategy games of ALL TIME.

Only thing that could've made that game collection better is if they added online multiplayer, haha.

Back