Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ban the awp for good

• dumb suggestion - keep it the way it is

• Total voters
G

godspeed2u

How would ya'll feel about having one day out of the week without the colt, ak, and awp? Force everyone to use "less powerful" weapons...

just a thought

Why, b/c you suck with it? Bwahahahha! Or maybe it might be b/c anyone that does use it ... you have no clue how to beat them?

The fact that its a newb rifle is why I dont like it, its unfairly designed, and I am too critical to ignore it! Down with AWP!!!

I agree with Shark: It IS a newb rifle.

Once you get to a certain skill level, AWP is nearly impossible to beat unless your way past their skill.

And a lot of times, its not just 1 awp that makes me mad. Its the fact that usually there will be 5 out of 7 people on the other team with an awp. If they could restrict it to just one person per round with an AWP or something, I'd be perfectly fine. But since they can't I would suggest banning it all together or making it a iceworld 24/7 server.
biggrin.gif

Besides Goose: why do you use the awp? Most likely because your losing and need a cheap way to start winning or need to ensure you will win such in league games. Honestly those are the only times I see good people use it. And all the 'newbs' who use it always need a cheap way to win, so I guess it can be applied to anyone.

And to anyone who says awp is hard: Its only hard to get headshots. Yah, with colt/smg/whatever you get multiple shots, but each shot does much less unless you aim for heads, which takes a lot more skill. With an awp you just aim for the body, which is A LOT easier to hit than the head with a colt, even with auto.

Yah, so basically AWP IS a newb gun, and its not because I can't handle it, its because its overly done on ToJ.

Thinking an awp is a nub gun is ignoring the way CS is meant to be played....

If your just pubbing all the time then a good awper will dominate because of the nature of the gun..

It is however a gun that requires a great deal of skill to operate efficiently and against a tactical assault is is as useless as any other gun when handled properly..

If your having trouble with awps on the server may i suggest you start playing with tactics instead of running in hordes towards the waiting sight...

I vote keep the awp.. i may suck at it and i often growl when gunned down by one but it is as much a part of the game as any other weapon.

ok im going to say this again why do you want to ban parts of a game?

lets ban the awp but next time any of you play monopoly youre not allowed to go on park place, boardwalk or ventor ave.

have fun w/ the nubishness

tounge.gif

</span>
[b said:
Quote[/b] (rizz @ May 02 2003,3:51)]ignoring the way CS is meant to be played....
<span =''>
You refuse to play certain stock maps, the game wasnt meant for endless map votes, hypocrite
mad.gif
tounge.gif

o_O

Nice attitude being as i hardly ever mapvote and youve never been around the server when i have so you would know huh....

Dont call me a hypocrite

Even though I'm real bad with AWP (or with any other gun for that matter), I enjoy playing all the guns that the game has to offer. (and of course, being pwned by them)

But I also respect the likes and dislikes of players on the server. What I usually do when I'm on the server and people start complaining about a lopsided game (with the winning side using AWPs to keep their advantage) is to put a vote up asking people's opinions.

There is way too much hostility floating around these forums...I'm not sure if the tag "ToJ" in front of our names means anything to a lot of people anymore...trash talking, spam warz, name calling - I'm ESPECIALLY tired of seeing the words "nub", "n00b", "nubbish", and "n00bish".
mad.gif

Let's play the game, stop spamming, stop feuding, and GROW CLOSER TO CHRIST THROUGH FELLOWSHIP

sheesh...that's why I joined ToJ...not to read pages and pages of insults and bickering

what about like evry thursday night or somthing we can have like pistols only or somthing like that
rock.gif

Rizz, its not the 1 AWP though. Its the 5 out of 7 that bugs me. When there is 1 awper, I'm fine with it. I try to stop them because when 1 awps, other people get mad, want a cheap way to win, and what do they grab? An AWP. The other team goes "THEY ARE AWPERS! LETS ALL AWP" so then the entire game is AWP vs AWP, except its not awp map so its stupid.

And saying I need to learn tactics, when EVERY enterence is covered by 2-3 AWPS is really lame. Usually I can get two AWPers, but when theres the third one who was on the other side of the map hits me randomly, but kills me, its really lame.

And I'm only saying ban it on this server, because there is an excessive ammount of awps on it. Like I said, 1 or 2 is fine, but not more than half the team.

And yah, it takes a certain ammount of skill, but its a lot easier to be unstoppable with an AWP than with an AUG or AK or MP5 or something.

Well thats what happens with pub play..

You could complain just as much about any other weapon or style of play.. and most of you do..

But it seems to be the awp that always gets it in the neck..

ok this is the way i see whats happening, people dont like a gun b/c they arent good enough to play around it ::fyi all you people that were talking about cal teams and wanted toj comp teams and then quit:: there was a cal-m team that had all 5 players awping last year at 1 time thats the way it is deal with it and get better so you wont have to complain

can we leave people like rizz alone? shark your attitude especially in server forum has been terrible and even though i hold no authority or standing in toj im tired of it already, 1st complaining that server itself sucks and then calling one of the 2 people who does the most work a hypocrite? cmon man thats just not right

everyone as tasty said just grow up, yeah this is a game and games are supposed to be fun so just have fun with it and leave the people that work their butts off alone

::huggles rizz:: ::huggles everyone else who breaks their backs for us::

no more complaining take a week off or something and when you complain why not offer ideas on how to fix something instead of just complaining ... this thread originally offered ideas about how to fix things, i know personally nothing is more annoying then complaints with no offering of constructive criticism =\

sorry for the rant but if i was playing right now my handle would be john.fedupw/tojmemberscomplaining :|

God Bless

ok, ive calmed down im sorry about that post =\ but i still feel the same way, i am sorry that i presented it the way i did however

=\

Im entitled to my opinion of the awp being evil, anything else is unamerican! Err, no offense to rizz seeing he is unamerican. I liked the awp before, but I consider it massively evil, end of story, I will hate that gun forever, and nothing will change that. Tastywheat is right though, and this gaming thing, in my opinion, its all destructive and a waste of everyones time. But thats probably just me, though Ive never met anyone who got anything good out of it.

Back