Votes: 20 100.0%
  • One day a week, ban all rifles

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ban the awp for good

• dumb suggestion - keep it the way it is

• Total voters
Has anyone ever heard of using stuff sparringly. I mean use some common sense. If 1-2 guys on your team have an awp don't buy one. If your team is struggling b/c there getting awped alot save your money and buy one yourself (this is if your against 1-2 awps and your team has 0 awps).

If we can keep it like this no one should get mad (I do realize it will still happen with some) but this sounds reasonable.

I hope no one has said this yet ... if so, disregard this. I think MoG or 1GoD server has something like a day where you can only get a headshot, no other shot on the body, arms, or legs count. We could implement Pistols Only [insert day here]. Or SMG Only [day]. Something like that?

Its MoG and I think its called Headshot Tuesdays or something like that. Very unnerving the first time I played on there and had no idea about that....I coulda swore they were all hacking. but then I found out they had some plugin configured for it....go figure

Cory

As per Thad and Goose's posts, if it's easily configured, that sounds like fun! I would love something like that.

Well back on the subject of the awp, last night in ToJ server they banned awps temporarily (like 10rounds) b/c the usage was "getting out of hand". Well this was all grand except for the constant complaining about not having them and the many fully automatics constantly pounding the t's coming out the double doors or across the bridge. Then finally when awp was reissued everyone bought one (b/c they had the money 2) and the problem continued.

In conclusion I say this: Seeing the ban awp in action doesn't work, people still complain one way or another and when its all over everyone buys an awp and it ends up turning the map into awp_map/awp_city. So don't ban the awp for temporary amounts of time b/c it simply does not help.

What we need is to find a squad mod for CS. Where you can assign people different weapons.. It may be hard to pull off in pubs but it would rock in 5v5 scrims.

squad mod = 1 captain, 1 awp, 2 gunners, etc etc...

I actually really really like Rizz's idea...it would turn the unrealism of CS into the quasi-realism of Rainbow 6

mmm....rainbow 6.......

Do I say that phrase that often?
We can just leave it as an admin thing...it might be nice to go awpless some times. This game is about fun, right, and sometimes people aren't having fun when the server goes crazy about awps like a fat guy in a donut shop. Then eventually people start running out of money and one team ends up having all awps and I feel like I've got the chance of living of a donut at a weight watchers convention. But lets not look at it in that direction, have you ever done a mac-10 vs tmp round, or a scout round? Those can be great, because it flips the whole game outside in and upside down.

Removing the AWP changes the whole essence of Counter-Strike, and who ever said there was something wrong with making a game a bit more interesting for a few rounds?

-ok...JUST a suggestion, might there be a server mod out there that limits awping? I mean that uses ratios to do it. Like only 1/4 of cathe team n possess an awp, unless picked up from the other team. This would obviously depend on the # of players though.

-I think the awp needs to be controlled...NOT banned.
I think this is an awesome server... I dont think anyone has the right to complain about its small flaws unless he/she knows how to make it better for EVERYONE, not just his/her own opinion.

Well, another thing ToJ members could take into consideration is the simple practice of "etiquette". If I'm having a really good day (or playing against less skilled players), and my score shoots up, I'll either change teams every other round, or just give up using the awp (if I'm using one).

I guess if you try to remember that others also play the game to have fun, then it's only fair you give them a chance. But oh well, I'm not a competitive person by nature...

On another note, I watched yesterday this special about gaming on TV... and this "Fatal1ty" dude won the CPL 1st place (I couldn't recognize the game, but wasn't CS, and my guess it was either Quake or Unreal). It looked pretty crazy... bagging 10,000 dollars for playing games.

The show also portraited this group called "Light Warriors" (or something like that), in which the guys were in their early/mid 20s, lived in an apartment, worked at FedEx in the lowest positions, and played games for the remainder of the time they weren't working. It looked pretty pathetic to me... specially when this guy says "We worked in the lowest position at FedEx, loading and unloading boxes. The usual time people stay on this job is 3-6 months, and I've been here for 3 years now."... go figure!

Errr... I just did a search on this guy... and found his config.cfg file for CS. I took a look and was pretty fascinated with it... it's kinda crazy, check it out:

Fatal1ty

I've been in this server, and When you buy awp, you are automatically hit and lowered hp to 40 health. I think that makes it fair, cuz as long as you can dodge well, its as easy as awpin to kill the awper with an mp5 :p i was able to wipe out 4 awpers with mp5 until my ammo went out.. thats how balanced it is.. do any one know any kind of script/mod it is??? cuz i think its a good idea.

I don't like that idea. CS was designed to have an awp play just like all the other guns (with full 100 hp life). If you feel as if you're being bombarded with awps. Just save up, either you buy an awp or a colt/ak or sig/aug (whichever you're best with) and kill them. I've noticed that people who complain about awps are either horrible with it, or they don't know how to beat a person with an awp ... or both =\

Flash after reading your post and seeing you want to play on the b-team im sorry but thats just ridiculus, in cal there is no mod that takes health away from awpers, you just have to be better than them, so play more against good awpers and eventually youll just see an awper and it wont faze you at all

Back