Super Street Fighter IV

Tek7

CGA President, Tribe of Judah Founder & President
Staff member
I've returned to my first Street Fighter love, Chun Li, and would like to improve my game. My experience playing with random people on other gaming networks (Battle.net, League of Legends' PvP.net, Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection, etc.) has been, well, terrible overall, so I'd like to play with people I know won't cheat, go on profane tirades, or mock my noobishness.

My PSN ID is gummyzergling. If you want to play some SSFIV matches, add me to your PSN list (if you haven't already) and send me a message any time you want a game. If I know you're interested in playing some SSFIV, I'll do the same!

I'll look at getting the game.
At this point, you may consider waiting until Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition releases on June 28. But for the PS3, not the PC. The PC version has horrendous DRM attached.

If you decide to buy SSFIV instead of waiting for AE, keep in mind that the Arcade Edition DLC will cost $15. It's not necessary to buy the DLC, of course, but it will give you 4 more characters.

EDIT: For more information on the differences between SSFIV and SSFIVAE, read this article.

Last edited:
Fireball. Fireball. Fireball. Fireball.

/goes back to BlazBlue

I traded in some games at Best Buy to pick up Arcade Edition disc edition. So worth my trade-ins. I'm hooked again. XD

/Finally/ got some matches in with Tek. It was good times.

I was profoundly sad that I've been playing Yang exclusively for the last week... and couldn't do so... but I got to play around with other characters this way.

I think I <3 Ibuki again. Cody's still gold, though. Can't play shotos in Super any more... too different from AE versions (mostly the altered trajectories of air tatsus... and I don't wanna have habits that don't translate from one version to the other).

But yeah. Good times. I'm hooked again. XD

/Finally/ got some matches in with Tek. It was good times.
Good times indeed.

I was profoundly sad that I've been playing Yang exclusively for the last week... and couldn't do so... but I got to play around with other characters this way.
I can't justify dropping $15 on the AE DLC when I'm not interested in playing any of the new character, I don't intend to play competitively, and I just bought 6 games on Steam during the recent sale for $17.85.

But for more serious players, I see why they'd be willing to drop the coin on the AE DLC.

I think I <3 Ibuki again.
Ibuki is just an awesome character. I didn't play much of SF3, but she was my fave back then.

On a related note: That Ultra from Ibuki was brutal. I was thinking, "Aw man, he had like a pixel of health left," then, "Wow, I'm not going to have much health when this is over; I'll need to be careful," then, "Waitwaitwait, is this going to finish me off?" then "...Wut?"

GG, sir. :)

Cody's still gold, though.
I have more trouble with Cody than nearly any other character. I'm thinking I need to read up on the some matchup tips on SRK later tonight...

Can't play shotos in Super any more... too different from AE versions (mostly the altered trajectories of air tatsus... and I don't wanna have habits that don't translate from one version to the other).
Understandable.

Fortunately, changes to Chun Li in AE DLC were trivial (especially since I rarely use down-forward light kick as an anti-air or land enough crouching roundhouse kicks to stun), so if/when Capcom drops the price to a sane amount (i.e. $10) and I buy it, the transition should be easy.

Of course, if I ever buy the AE DLC, I'll probably pick up Juri again as a secondary character.

But yeah. Good times. I'm hooked again. XD
Message me any time you see me on PSN! If I can take the time to spar, I'll be happy to. :)

Back