The Book is Done!

haha, again... what is the book on? fiction ? non-fiction? idk if you already said, and if you did.... just yell at me and tell me where you posted what it is about. I think it is awesome you got it written though.

id love a copy it soudns interesting, specially coming from another christian.

ill await the next thread, grats on finishing

haha, again... what is the book on? fiction ? non-fiction? idk if you already said, and if you did.... just yell at me and tell me where you posted what it is about. I think it is awesome you got it written though.

It's fiction -- fantasy. It's kind of like a cross between Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter, but I like my plot better :)

I'll be trying to print a bunch off this week and I'll see how many I can spit out to send to you guys. My goal is to ship it off mid-July, so I've gotta hurry!

Could you just email it to me? Like the whole thing and all your notes and such?

j/k :) Nice job.

A finished book... I wonder what that means...

A finished book... I wonder what that means...

It means "AHH!" My mom has started reading it and is catching a few things I messed up on, as well as notifying me areas I need to clarify. She never reads books like I've written, so anything that's confusing she'll shout for help right away. Translation: me pwnt.

It'll be a while before I'm up to snuff and can send anyone copies. That means I won't be shipping it off to a publisher/agent for a good month or two. :(

Don't get discouraged. Keep plugging away at it. The hardest part is still yet to come. Writing and editing it is actually the easiest part. The hardest part is submitting it to a publisher and then even harder work is the marketing of your work.

When considering a publisher, there are a vast amount of factors to take into consideration. I went with a Christian Publisher called "Xulon Press". They charged me $1600.00 back in 2000. They did a great job on my book and made it available on Amazon, Barns n Noble, and ChristianBooks.com, but because they are a Print on Demand publisher (they make your book into a .pdf file and thus there is basically no inventory) regular books stores will not carry it on their shelves because they cannot return Print on Demand books. I won't use them again, lesson learned. Research all aspect of your publisher and the process and the marketing plan. Don't agree to anything until you are 100% satisfied with what they have to offer and be sure to pray through the whole process.

You can see my book here as an example.

Amazon
http://www.amazon.com/Conquering-Bi...9319111?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1183065531&sr=1-1

Barns n Noble
http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbnInquiry.asp?z=y&EAN=9781591601548&itm=1

ChristianBooks.com
http://www.christianbook.com/Christ...01543&netp_id=311792&event=ESRCN&item_code=WW

Cool Hand Luke,

It must be an awesome feeling to see your book on big sites like those. Considering my subject (science fiction and fantasy), I feel like the only way I'm going to be successful is if I go through a big publisher like Tor or Random House. But if that all falls through, I'll definitely try a Print on Demand publisher! Thanks for your support. As always, I'll be turning to the Lord for help!

TJ

uh wow you have about 140k more words than my first book (which i finished and have decided will not be brought to the publishing stage)
and about 160k more than my second book (which i haven't progressed toward the part that the title of the book refers to... lol. My title - The Kingdom of Aran. The book's current progress - Aran is just about to be crowned to replace the mortally ill Arch-King Julius)

so you obviously have a massive plot (unlike mine)

Last edited:
i hurt my head thinking of the biomorphological aspects of the main character of my fantasy book who is a dragonkin girl

Back