The Calculator is out for HoM, how far are you?

Odd question, what happens if I get GW2 and then complete some of these? Do they not count for my character in GW2?

They should be available when you complete them.. I'm assuming it'll be something like a /bonus. Or, go to your HoM in GW2 and you can get your items there. I'm assuming if you get something after GW2 comes out, it'll show up in there or become available. If you're +40 tho, it's just a title you can wear, so that'll update on it's own.

I just finally got into the twenties. I'm thinking about elite armor sets and how to go about it. I would like to get the Kurz elite, but the amount of copper needed is a little overwhelming. The price has come down some, but not enough.

What's the best way to accumulate faction? Drazach Thicket was a good vanq for a lot of faction, but it seems to change from Lux to Kurz often.

Also, and I know this has been discussed a little before, but the one thing I haven't been able to work on are the minis. If someone has any duplicates I would be interested in buying them. I would much rather pay someone in the guild as opposed to a random person I don't know.

The Amber for Kurz armor was pretty easy to get for me. I just followed the Zaishen quests for AB/JQ/FA. With the reward faction, it makes it go by a lot faster. Especially if you do them with multiple characters. It'll add up pretty quickly.

Doing vanquishes of drazach thicket worked well for me, getting about 3 amber pieces per clear (5k faction per). Also, vanquishing other areas of echovald forest helps too. It also increases your faction cap. Watch for the urgoz zbounty and pick that up whenever it rolls around. And of course, the jade quarry/alliance battle is always good. It's something you do over time.

It's something you do over time.

QFT

Unless you want to VQ every minute of every day, you're probably not going to get it in the next few days. But if you take two weeks and chip away at it, it'll be a lot easier. You can work on you faction for amber and also work on something else for your HoM at the same time, or in tandem. They don't have to be mutually exclusive.

FYI, one thing I hadn't noticed at first...from the GW2 HoM FAQ:
Q: How do the Reward Titles work? Will I be able to choose from the ones I've earned, or will it only display my highest rank?
A: Each of the titles earned through the Hall of Monuments is a separate title, so you can choose which of them you want to wear on any given character in Guild Wars 2.
So, there will be 10 titles available + GWAMM. If there is any sort of a KoaBD title track in GW2 (and I would be willing to bet that there is), this might mean 11 titles towards that. Or, these might not count towards that at all. Maybe GWAMM and CotG will count, and others won't. Who knows.

Last edited:
Or, these might not count towards that at all. Maybe GWAMM and CotG will count, and others won't. Who knows.

I'm betting on this. They said no advantages except for aesthetics and weapons. So to give out 11 "free" titles seems to me a bit advantageous. They probably won't count, or at the very least the top two (GWAMM and 50/50 would)

I'm also leaning towards top two. 11 would be too large of a gap to overcome for anyone who didn't have GW1 for a top KoaBD type title. Would be too easy for vets, and too hard for newcomers.

Would be really nice to at least get the 2, though...not a huge advantage really.

My guess is, these will be titles similar within gw2 to low-level titles from gw1, akin to tyrian trailblazer or mid-tiered spearmarshal. Not necessarily something you'll progress further in, but something you can display. I don't remember where, but even the reward items oher than pets/minipets will have a base equivalent to level 20 items in the game, with it quickly becoming obsolete as you level higher. The free reward transmutation stone will let you keep the appearance later of course for that particular set, but again: it'll be something nice to have initially as you actually get into the new game without having to feel like you're starting a brand new game with nothing (like most other games).

Well, the main reason I lean away from mid-tiered titles is because they've said these will each be seperate titles. I can't imagine there would be any higher tiers in the titles. As for counting for a KoaBD-type title...there really is no in-game "advantage" there, other than the advantage of being able to skip maybe 2 titles to max that in gw2.

And even that isn't really an advantage. Think of it like this: would you rather do something like max kurz/lux in gw2 (~50-100 hrs each), or go back to gw1 and get GWAMM + 50/50 hall. It's doubtful there'll be many titles in gw2 that'll take as long as GWAMM or hall to max, haha. So, just a nice bonus, albeit complete conjecture.

Most of the grind I already had done, and I caught some big breaks with the alcohol update and the WiK, but it was a lot of money... Luckily, I have no desire for anything beyond 50/50. Don't really need a Voltaic Spear or a Mini Panda. ;)

Seriously, you crazy.

(And don't knock my mini panda... he's the only cool thing I've got.)

Back