This financial mess isn't a true emergency.

When people cite the Bible as a welfare system, I ask them when the last time THEY gave from their personal incomes to the poor or hungry. Once again, giving is a blessing, nothing makes you happier than giving to someone you know needs it, and happier knowing they will use it correctly. What doesn't make me happy is my money being stolen and given to people who sit around breeding so they can add to their monthly income.

I have to agree with you Tim. This whole mess is only going to get worse. I see two possible outcomes at the moment. Neither are good.

1.) The government rules with an iron fist. We are given what the government thinks we need and nothing more.

or

2.) Civil war.

Because I know there have to be people who are not Christians who will take the call to arms and start fighting.

A Christian can be a soldier too. The constitution is our government, when the politicians threw it out, they sort of asked for civil war.. If that ever comes I hope all Christians are willing to fight to reestablish a nation that recognizes the one and only sovereign God. We weren't doing so bad when we did so in the past.

The problem with Civil war is the loss of life Tim. Although I have to say that I would probably join in...

the problem would be, we would have to have a full over haul of the current government. Which could be difficult. We would have to Seriously get into the Bible and start drafting things anew. It would take a lot of hard work. How many Christians are willing to put everything on the line for this?

I think being a Christian in the military would be the hardest; you swear an oath to obey the president, but to follow your conscious, you have to break that oath... I don't want a dilemma like that.

"I, (NAME), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."

The oath puts the constitution over the president for a very good reason.. president is minor in importance compared to the constitution.

Back