"THIS IS NOT WARCRAFT IN SPACE!"

Congrats, you've played 991 more hours than me.

/still doing Brood War campaign

Heh. Well, with all the hacks going around I hardly touch starcraft anymore. Working on mapping for Warcraft. Afraid the mapping scene in wc3 will die down a bit before it gets more alive when people start coming back. If you are expecting a vibrant high quality mapping scene in sc2, sorry to dissapoint. THere is just no support, and maximum map size is 240x240. No where near what we need (480x480). Until someone makes modified editors and a ton of models for starcraft, my studio remains in wc3 :D Plus, my host guild is staying.

Heh. Well, with all the hacks going around I hardly touch starcraft anymore. Working on mapping for Warcraft. Afraid the mapping scene in wc3 will die down a bit before it gets more alive when people start coming back. If you are expecting a vibrant high quality mapping scene in sc2, sorry to dissapoint. THere is just no support, and maximum map size is 240x240. No where near what we need (480x480). Until someone makes modified editors and a ton of models for starcraft, my studio remains in wc3 :D Plus, my host guild is staying.

No support?? :mad: The editor and modding was the only interesting part to me. And the videos prior to the game's release showed them doing some pretty incredible things like making first person shooters.

Yes, it is powerful. If you are interested in sci fi mapping. I've seen some nice maps in their early stages of development. However, there are no models, no pros writing 1337 scripts, no hacked world editor, and anything short of the elite mappers had better just try and learn till there is more support.
As for us LOTR mappers... there really isn't much for us. Plus, the map size is just puny. I have enough trouble fitting middle earth into 480x480. Check the screenshots in http://www.cgalliance.org/forums/showthread.php?p=395709#post395709

There is no big model library for SC2 like warcraft's hive workshop. Lots of people go, not sure how many will succeed. Of course, if you're up for it, you can try :D

Last edited:
Nice work on that LOTR map.

Ah ok, no models... no biggie! That'll come in time and the talented folks out there can often make their own content like that. The map limitation size will hopefully be fixed in the future. I can imagine as the next editions of SCII come out, it will be a good opportunity for Blizzard to also update the editor.

Nice work on that LOTR map.

Ah ok, no models... no biggie! That'll come in time and the talented folks out there can often make their own content like that. The map limitation size will hopefully be fixed in the future. I can imagine as the next editions of SCII come out, it will be a good opportunity for Blizzard to also update the editor.

danny if u get this game will u make a ums where all the old sc bw units are only allowed to be built? That would make my day, and also a ums game where all units both old and new and even the experimental ones from campaign are in.

MostlyHarmless, I have no idea. Maybe, but I'm getting into more UDK programming and some XNA. I need more hours in the day!

Back