Time for a new computer??

Icthus

WAR system Requirements the early leak...

Mythic said:
PC SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

For Windows XP

2.5 GHz P4 (single core) processor or equivalent
1 Gigabyte RAM
A 128 MB Video Card, with support for Pixel Shader 2.0
At least 15 GB of hard drive space

For Windows VISTA

2.5 GHz P4 processor or equivalent
2 Gigabyte RAM
Supported Video Cards

ATI Radeon(TM) series

9500, 9600, 9800
X300, X600, X700, X800, X850
X1300, X1600, X1800, X1900, X1950
2400, 2600, 2900,
3650, 3850, 3870
4850, 4870
NVIDIA GeForce series

FX 5900, FX 5950
6600, 6800,
7600, 7800, 7900, 7950
8400, 8500, 8600, 8800
9400, 9500, 9600, 9800
GTX 260, GTX 280

Intel(R) Extreme Graphics

GMA X4500

Laptop versions of these chipsets may work, but may run comparatively slowly. Standalone cards that are installed in vanilla PCI slots (not PCIe or PCIx or AGP), such as some GeForce FX variants, will perform poorly. Integrated chipsets such as the ATI Xpress and the NVIDIA TurboCache variants will have low settings selected, but should run satisfactorily.

Please note that attempting to play the game using video hardware that isn’t listed above may result in reduced performance, graphical issues or cause the game to not run at all.

The NVIDIA GeForce FX series is unsupported under Vista.

My system is behind these reqs. I have a 2.0 processor and i am running the game fine.

But, it begs the question....

New laptop time?

Last edited:
I think it is matter of just how "fine" the game is running Ic.

The thing about requirements and recomended settings is that they are not always 100% accurate!

Also, just because you run fine in beta, that does not mean you will run fine when the final, polished version of the game comes out. If right now however you are able to run the game with a moderate framerate and minimal lag, i would suggest waiting to spend the money on a new laptop.

However, if you are looking for an excuse to spend the money to upgrade your system... I say GO FOR IT! not a better reason than gaming for pc upgrades! :D

hehehe....

2.5 GHz P4 (single core) processor or equivalent
1 Gigabyte RAM

Your laptop has a dual core 2.0, so you'll be just fine! A Core Duo 2.0 will SMOKE a P4 2.5! (2.5ghz P4's came out in 2001-2002 I believe) And you've got a 256 video card, and 2gb's of memory. I took care of you... :D

Only one of my computers is up to spec. It just needs a new video card to meet the requirement. It has an AGP slot and I have been looking at the new 1G NVidea cards.

I still don't think "gaming" laptops are "there" yet. I wouldn't get one unless it's absolutely necessary. The above computer is a number of years old and, through upgrades, still a viable gaming rig. I would have had to purchase 2 or 3 laptops in that same time span to stay apace with the gaming industry recommended requirements.

Is the AGP slot still a viable sot to use? I thought PCIe had made it obsolete like an appendix or something.

A Core Duo 2.0 will SMOKE a P4 2.5!

This actually depends on how you use your computer, if you are never multitasking, and just running a game, or browsing the internet 2.5 single is better, but if you are constantly multitasking the 2 cores help with handling it... I think of it like this: It is like having either one car that goes 120 MPH, or having 2 smaller cars that go 100 MPH, many times the 2 smaller cars are better indeed, however, sometimes raw speed is better...

i love my laptop, it raids and performs better than my desktop... it is a "for school" machine, but I am soooo gonna game on it... and since it almost doubles all the sys recomended settings... i feel happy.. oh so happy...

clock speed is dead, its all about multi-cores now. We have basically reached the max clock silicone can handle. I really doubt you will see 4ghz turning into 6 to 8 and so on, they just cant push the material any further. Now we will see 8 cores turning into 12cores being released and so on.

Last edited:
Gateway is turning out quality gaming rigs at very good prices (almost unbeatable prices) I would definitely give them a second look these days. They are getting good reviews.

They were bought by Acer awhile back, but still keep the same name... Or was it the other way around...

Last edited:
Back