Toj TF2 Game Night!

The Mighty Gerbil

Tribe of Judah TF 2 Chapter Leader & CGA Admin
Staff member
Toj_game_night_header.jpg
We have a Toj TF2 game night scheduled
for Tuesday December 16 around 8:00 pm central time

We will be testing out the following custom maps for TF2 goodness.

*cp_fallout
*cp_science2
*cp_studio_rc4
*pl_cranetop_b6.bsp
*pl_hoodoo_b5.bsp
*ctf_bankjob.bsp

If you don't have our server IP it is 8.9.3.149:27015

Sides will be chosen . . .
Capture points will be taken . . .​
Friends will be autobalanced and become bitter enemies . . .​
You can only find out how it all ends at Toj TF2 Game Night!

Be there or be a polygon with four equal sides and four 90 degree angles!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll bump this thread a few times until the event to kept this thread visible. While I am at it I'll mention that if the event is a success lets all try to show up next week at the same time to bring back our regular TOJ TF2 game night! :)

Added the event to my Outlook calendar.

hopefully my MB is coming tomorrow(friday) so I'll be up and running to so I'll have to spit shine my scope for tuesday.

Friends will be autobalanced and become bitter enemies . . .

...Especially at the end of the round when you helped push that far, lol.

And what time is that Alaskan? 6 or 5pm?

...Especially at the end of the round when you helped push that far, lol.

And what time is that Alaskan? 6 or 5pm?

5:00 pm I think. I'd imagine we'll be there a couple hours. You may want to come a couple minutes early though as we may have a packed house (hoping!). I notified Christian Crew about it and I am actually still sending out e-mails to Toj'ers.

Great news about the update hitting! I think it's perfect timing for our game night! (and yes this is a shameless bump :p)

Friends will be autobalanced and become bitter enemies . . .
Read: Tek and Elihu.

Seriously, online games just don't want us on the same team, whether it be Counter-Strike, TF2, or Left 4 Dead.

</offtopic>

I'm looking forward to this event and I'll do my part to spa--err, inform ToJ members about it.

Woo-hooo!

Is it Tuesday yet??? I'll be there and I've invited a couple friends of mine to join in on the fun; no idea if they'll be on though.

- Lance

Yeeearg. I won't be able to join in because my motherboard died. D:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooo T_T :( . I hope you can get it fixed ok.

If I actually get it done I hope to use our map on the next custom map day and you just can't miss that! I am going to try and set one custom map night up a month and hopefully have some regular game nights on other tuesdays. We will see how it goes though...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooo T_T :( . I hope you can get it fixed ok.

If I actually get it done I hope to use our map on the next custom map day and you just can't miss that! I am going to try and set one custom map night up a month and hopefully have some regular game nights on other tuesdays. We will see how it goes though...
Ooh, is it close to being done? :D

Anyway, my motherboard thankfully has a 3 year manufacturer's warranty on it, so I'm RMAing it and hopefully will have a new one in a week or two.

I switched a shift at work for this! I am in and looking forward to it!
Wow, that's dedication right there. :)

It looks as though this event is shaping up nicely. The patch couldn't have dropped at a better time; there's enough time for people to install the update but it's still recent enough that most players will want to give the patch a whirl on some new maps.

I've gone from worrying that no one would show to worrying that the server will be too packed or I've done something wrong/forgotten with the set up >.<

If you feel inclined to indulge my phobias Tek swing by and switch to a couple of the maps to check it works. I've already checked it on my end but I hardly know what I am doing so I could have overlooked something :p

<side note> I togged on the birthday mod. I don't know if anyone minds that. It's easy to turn off though if they do. </side note>

<edit> Apparently its not not so easy to turn on as I thought so birthday mode is not on at the moment. :/ </edit>

Last edited:
If you feel inclined to indulge my phobias Tek swing by and switch to a couple of the maps to check it works. I've already checked it on my end but I hardly know what I am doing so I could have overlooked something :p
Roger that.

I'll try to set aside some time tonight to double-check the settings and maps.

I just checked the file redirect server and it looks like pl_cranetop_b6.bsp.bz2 is missing. Other than that, it (the file redirect server) looks like it's ready to go.

EDIT: It looks like the maps scheduled for playtest on Tuesday are already in rotation. ctf_bankjob is up right now. I'll check into that as well.

Mani Mod can be...troublesome when trying to add new maps to the server, allow admins to switch to those new maps, but not add them to standard rotation.

Last edited:
Thanks Tek I uploaded cranetop. I must of canceled it or uploaded another one twice or something because I had .bz2 file made up. As far as the rotation I only added the new maps to the maplist.txt file not the mapcycle.txt file but aparently it doesn't matter as they were playing on the server :/.

I went thru a few yesterday so far so good with mani mod showing the maps for lower level admins for what I can tell.

Wow, even though it wasn't the actual game night last night, we got a full server, and it stayed like that for a good while. I was just on by myself goofing around, looking for new sentry spots, when suddenly people started joining. Thanks to everyone that came by last night, that was great fun.

Back