TrinityUI

Kagnus

Well, my TBC immersion mode is about done with, time for me to tackle neglected Trinity again :)

Actually, I have been working on many of my Trinity addons since TBC. Other that TrinityBars, I also have TrinityChat, TrinityFrames, TrinityInfobar, TrinityMinimap and Trinity Tooltip.

I have designed a new core interface for all the addons, the first of which that is fully integrated is TrinityChat, seen below:

TrinityChatSS.jpg

I also have TrinityChat available for anyone in the guild that would like to try it out. Get it now before I run out of bandwidth :)

Here is the readme I wrote up for it -

TrinityChat v20003.1 by Maul

A comprehensive chat tool that has two main features. First is to be able to filter what you see and type in game. This feature can be used to filter bad/lazy English (the main reason I wrote it) or you can set up custom filters such as a pirate talk filter.

Second is to set up and manage custom chat channels. The main features are being able to assign a unique slash command to start chat in the custom channel (no need to memorize which channel number it is) much like you do for guild (/g), party (/p) or raid chat (/r).
Also, TrinityChat will encode links for these defined channels to be decoded by another user using TrinityChat, thus making it possible to send item links in these channels where you previously could not.

Feature list:

- CAPS squasher
- Enough!, a filter to eliminate excessive punctuation.
- Custom chat filtering
- GoldSpam filters so you can stop them from displaying and if desired record them for reporting. (not working yet)
- Custom chat configuration
- Chat edit box configuration. Move it and scale it.
- A chat window expand button. This button will toggle your chat window from it's current height to near full-screen height, and back again.
- Chat window enabled scrolling using a mousewheel

This addon, as will all Trinity addons, also includes TrinityCore, a base addon used by all other Trinity addons for various reasons. /trinity will open the configuration menu for all Trinity addons.

Feel free to give me feedback, both good and bad :) Other than bugs there is not much left to do with TrinityChat, so I am doing a once over on TrinityBars to bring it back up to speed and integrate it into the new menu.

Please note that the current TrinityBars may interfere with using /trinity to bring up the new menu. However, if you run the current Bars and TrinityChat you should have two trinity icons on your minimap, one for the new TrinityCore menu.

BTW, TrinityBars will be going through a mostly cosmetic overhaul, and get a few bug fixes I found while playing. No data changes are planned so all current setups are safe :cool:

Last edited:
So far, not bad. It actually confused me that the minimap icons are exactly the same. It took me a while to find the Chat's control.

The anti-caps feature will actually break acronyms for instances. I typed BRD and it became brd :(

I haven't had anyone spamming punctuation yet, so I can't tell if it's working or not. I assume that an ellipses (...) is the most periods you can string before it will kick in?

So far, not bad. It actually confused me that the minimap icons are exactly the same. It took me a while to find the Chat's control.
Yeah, sorry about the confusion but once Trinitybars is integrated within TrinityCore, there will only be one icon :)

The anti-caps feature will actually break acronyms for instances. I typed BRD and it became brd

I thought I had fixed that, thanks for the report :)

I didn't have the word or acronym filters enabled, so that may fix the problem. I'll let ya know after I re-test. It honestly didn't dawn on me at the time I was playing with it.

i just re-checked. with all the subsections enabled, BRD/brd become Blackrock Depths.

Although I just noticed something new. since I installed your mod (and yours is the only change) CT's chatbar modification of placing the input box on the top of the chatbox is losing my settings. Just an FYI

Well, TrinityChat has it's own means of placing/scaling the editbox, but I suppose I will add an option to enable/disable it :)

Also found a couple bugs tonight, will be posting an update by morning.

I see the editbox placement adjustments, but is it possible to have an option to just lock the editbox to the top of the chatbox? That way, if i resize my chatbox on the fly, the editbox would go with it?

I also found an interesting glitch when using TrinityChat with WIM. It seems that the first message that someone sends you gets duplicated and ignores any filtering that TC does. it then filters and reposts.

Don't know yet if you have fixed this issue, but when ever I zone I lose all access to the main chat box. I have to reload ui to get access to it again, also I constantly lose the sga channel when i do and have to re-enable it.

Don't know yet if you have fixed this issue, but when ever I zone I lose all access to the main chat box. I have to reload ui to get access to it again, also I constantly lose the sga channel when i do and have to re-enable it.

This should be fixed with the last update, if not let me know.

I also found an interesting glitch when using TrinityChat with WIM. It seems that the first message that someone sends you gets duplicated and ignores any filtering that TC does. it then filters and reposts.

I will install WIM and see what is happening.

I see the editbox placement adjustments, but is it possible to have an option to just lock the editbox to the top of the chatbox? That way, if i resize my chatbox on the fly, the editbox would go with it?

The way I modify the editbox is I anchor it to the chat window. So it should move and resize with it. The X and Y placement is relative to the chat window. If it isn't, it could be another addon such as the CT one you mentioned is interfering.

Once you set where you want it, like at the top of the chat window, it should stay put.

The last update message I posted I think I may have uploaded the wrong file (with a dif file name), the link has now been updated with the correct file and latest bug fixes.

Latest beta version just posted. Hopefully most if not all of the zoning issues resolved, let me know if it is not.

Also got the gold spam filter working as I want it to. Due to some changes in the filters it is recommended that you delete the global TrinityChat.lua file to insure the filters do not contain anything that gives a false positive. You DO NOT have to delete the per character TrinityChat.lua, so character settings such as custom channels do not have to be deleted.

The global TrinityChat.lua is located here:
\World of Warcraft\WTF\Account\<account name>\SavedVariables\TrinityChat.lua

Per character file is located here for reference:
\World of Warcraft\WTF\Account\<account name>\<server name>\<character name>\SavedVariables\TrinityChat.lua

Back