Why does one word get the 'warning' than the other

Corpfox

Someone says, "Hacker; you hacker", an immediate "Do not accuse some of hacking!" warning.

Someone says, "You HAXOR", nothing happens.

So, are 'slang' words not the same as 'real' words?
Or, 'some filter' words not the same as 'real' words?

The S* word, A* word, J* word so instead it would be like S*hoot, S*hite; J*ebus...
rock.gif

Members who use profane and/or obscene language will receive reprimands.

Kinda bad topic, I just recorded some people on the toj cs server dising about jesus and god, mainly your religion, and throught that would be 'obscene language'.

2) Obscene names, language and * will not be to tolerated on this server.

Would you get offended by someone offending your religion?

"I hate jews and jesus."

When theres only me, recording in toj cs server...no
rock.gif

seems thats my job on the toj server.
laugh.gif

recording demos and giving them to admins so that they can review it and ban whoever violated the rules.
tounge.gif

What is obscene language to the toj rule books?

- swearing?
- religious swearing; o.m.g?
- slang?
- what is it!?

swearing for sure, religious I'm not 100% sure about, I know many don't like it and the filter stops you from using it.

Well sometimes when people say haxor there kidding because i say bman is the haxor and they think thats coo

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TheJfreak @ Oct. 16 2004,10:24)]Well sometimes when people say haxor there kidding because i say bman is the haxor and they think thats coo
I agree..I call woOt...Booyah...DbKiLLA..flashon...and other friends....i call em all haxxors...etc and its all good clean fun..

y is there a difference, its the same word it has the same meaning, just spelled different.
If people bypass the filters by removing a letter out of the word or putting numbers in the place of letters the still get warned. So I don't see the difference.

Byblos, it's like saying "darn", it implies the use of saying the real word...same with "crap", etc.....

You get the picture.

I played CS and I often do use the terminology preseent there.. but that doesnt make it a word.. and could you ever pssoibly filter out every way yo sat a word... for example.
Jesus
Jebus
Jevus
J3bus
j3sus
j3vus
J Esus

It could go on forver, so there is really no way to filter out all the slang.. Gues it would be a good idea to warn people if they avoid the filter and then kick them if they do it again.

We do.... but it would be impossible to filter all of that word's different incarnations out... and that is what his thread is about some words being filtrered and not others...

and whenever im in the server i do warn people when they misspell a curse word just so it will show up or if they replace a letter with a number....sometimes they listen...sometimes they dont.....i dont like it when they dont -_-

Back