Yuor thoughts on homosexuality.

Actually I am sinless.

It's called sanctification by Grace. Even though I do sin and do fail, I am under Grace, and Christ's grace sanctifies me. Now this is not to say that I should run out an do things I know are wrong, but I am a perfect, unblemished heir alongside with Christ because I am Christ's.

WHen do you leave that shelter of grace, is an interesting question? When are you such a sinning Christian that God removes his shield from you? Is it if he sees your unrepentent heart?

This is my opinion based upon my study of the Word:

You leave the shelter of grace when you know what you are doing is wrong, but you do it consistently and without fail.

An example. Cursing. You know cursing is wrong, but occasionally (say when someone cuts you off while driving) one slips out. You didn't mean it, you are under grace because it was a mistake. Yet, if every third word you say is a curse word, and you do it purposefully, then you are basically nailing Christ to the cross on a minute basis, this is when you slip out from under the umbrella of Grace.

Oh.....so, like, I try to cut back on some cursing, but it usually comes out when I hurt myself and it pains me to the quick, and I go through the whole list of em. I don't want to, but it just comes out. Crap.
I know it's wrong, but I'm trying to quit. I think I'll eventually master it.

Yes, I seem to be having the same problem, and did for a good long time. Worse now, being on a boat where that's the common language :-S.

I used to curse a lot. Then one day, I just didn't. I cannot remember when or how. I don't even think them anymore. I think living on campus made it easier because you couldn't curse anywhere and get away with it. Eventually, I guess I just trained myself, or maybe I should be giving credit to God. I don't know, I am rambling now.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The-Messenjah @ April 04 2003,7:59)]OFF TOPIC
We have already gone through 10 pages of this stuff. Kinda gets hard to stay on-topic after so long
smile.gif

hmm...well if you had read all 10 or 11 odd pages of the topic, you would see how it relates...

yeah that's it...
tounge.gif

Well that's been his only post for a few weeks now, just to tell us we worldly Christians are off-topic again on homosexuality or something or another.
Heheheheheh.

My opinion on the whole thing is wrong. God does not condone it. It says im Romans one what God thinks of homo's.

I can't remember where the other part he says something about it in Rev somewhere that states that they will be left outside heavens gate and will not be permitted in.

The sexually immoral, the fornicators, and whatnot. "The gay in Christ have no part in the kingdom of heaven..." I suppose would be MY interpretation of it. Because it's a contradiction in terms.
Now let's think about this for a moment. Question: suppose Gay Guy 1 calls himself a Christian and has a gay husband (Wife? I dunno what you call the, umm, gay "partner"). Then he dies. I think he's judged, and burns. Sad state, right? Gay Guy 2 calls himself Christian, but refuses to have sex with guys or girls at all (seeing as how he IS gay). Now: he has had no sex, but is himself gay. Now what? Does he go to heaven if he honestly believed God died for his sins, but being gay (since he never acted out his gayness) is a sin, but since he didn't act it out, it doesn't truly count against him?
hmm....

for Biblical purposes..if he's not practicing, then he's not gay. and practicing includes daydreaming.

Pardon me for pointing this out, but if being gay was something he felt he could do nothing about, if he prayed for forgiveness for needing that relationship, and if he accepted that Christ would love him, the sinner, while hating his sin, what would stop him from getting into heaven at all?

Isn't part of your belief system that it doesn't matter whether you're a mass-murdering psychopath, a genocidal dictator or a pedophile - so long as you truly repent, accept you're unworthy of salvation and put your trust wholly in Christ?

Or have I been asleep the last couple of years?

Eon

Eon, you are right. Anyone can have those feelings, (even after salvation, the temptation can still be there)they just are not supposed to ACT on those feelings (or dwell, since daydreaming is as bad as the act).

So think the sin, but don't act it?
A question then, Kidan: if all people are born into sin, not all people have to act it out (therefore NOT sin?). So, I can have a compulsion to slice your throat up into the general shape of a frowning, angry jack-o-lantern, but just not act it out...therefore it's not sin?
So long as I don't contemplate the sin, it's not a sin?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ultima Avatar @ April 20 2003,6:17)]So think the sin, but don't act it?
I did not say this.  I said dwelling on or contemplating or performing a sin is a sin.[qoute=Ultima Avatar,April 20 2003,6:17]
A question then, Kidan: if all people are born into sin, not all people have to act it out (therefore NOT sin?). So, I can have a compulsion to slice your throat up into the general shape of a frowning, angry jack-o-lantern, but just not act it out...therefore it's not sin?[/quote]
Basically yes.  Some people are more prone to abuse alcohol.  Yet as long as they don't get wasted, it's not a sin.  As long as they're not daydreaming about getting wasted, it's not a sin.  
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ultima Avatar @ April 20 2003,6:17)]
So long as I don't contemplate the sin, it's not a sin?
Not to be insulting or anything, but you do know the definition of contemplate?
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]To look at attentively and thoughtfully
Jesus said that if we contemplate (with the above as a working definition of contemplate) adultery we are guilty of adultery.  According to that doctrine, contemplation of a sin constitutes a sin.  Performance of a sin constitutes a sin.  Resisitance of the temptation to contemplate/perform the sin plus a dose of Christ's grace equals salvation.

Back