Help finding an old game

TheRedView

Basically im looking for an old 2d Dogfight (airplanes) game.

Really sketchy on the years, but im guessing during the 90's. I remember it being at an air show or something like that. Their were balloons and such in the sky to shoot down along with other enemy pilots who attempted to shoot you down. Graphics were pretty cartoony and almost basic. Nothing special.

I got a few images i can show you on what it is similar to, but they just arent it.

http://www.g4g.it/phpnews/images/Dogfight_01.jpg

http://static.allmyapps.com/data/apps/2/7/2725/8b2d9c499cc5644608c79755c495a16c_dogfight2_01.jpg

Very similar to these games but i just cant find it. :/ Ive done countless hours of searching and im just hoping someone else has played it and can find it.

I thought the name of the game was "Dog Fight" or "Dog Flight". But google searching has failed me.

No but its very similar to that. You are able to actually go up in the sky and such. :( Its like the game doesnt exist.

I remember playing one called Afterburners or something. Then there was the Ace Combat series. Oh and I can't forget Star Fox.

Afterburners was very similar to the one he showed. I don't remember ballons in it. It was also one of the first ride videogame that moved if I remember correctly. There was also an intellevision game much like barnstorming that did include balloons. Can't find it tho.

Can I add another game to the would like to find? M.U.L.E. I used to play it on Commodore 128D, but I believe it was also available for Atari. Would like to find it for emulator if I could.

The Red View that's it, now if I can figure out how to get it working on my pc.

Nope the one im talking about is a side scroller left to right. And you actually dogfight vs other planes. :\ Makes me sad i cant find it. Ive literally put hours and hours searching for it.

Usually most emulators are just point click and load. Should be an option to load the rom and thats about it really. DOS gets a bit more complex but i dunno. Id just try one of the suggested emulators and try it out.

Last edited:
Computer based or console?

VS is a fairly recent innovation for games so I'd like to know if I"m understanding correctly.

Basically im looking for an old 2d Dogfight (airplanes) game.

Really sketchy on the years, but im guessing during the 90's. I remember it being at an air show or something like that. Their were balloons and such in the sky to shoot down along with other enemy pilots who attempted to shoot you down. Graphics were pretty cartoony and almost basic. Nothing special.
Is it Balloon Challenge?

Definitely pc. Doesn't mean it wasn't a port over though.

Irritating that I can't find a thing on it. It wasn't multiplayer or anything like that. You were in dogfights with ai enemies.

Ok so just to confirm the details...

- it's a 2d side-scroller
- it has balloons
- you control a plane and shoot other planes
- it was for the PC.

Anything else?

It was at some type of contest or fair or competition or something like that. It was a side scroller but you could also move the screen and fly up. When you flew up obviously the screen went with you so it made it seem like you were climbing up in the air.

I cant remember what the balloons were doing for the life of me, but i know they were there. You could shoot the balloons and maybe got score from them, but not 100%.

Im guessing early 90's to mid 90's.

Back