I'm Gonna be a Dad!

Just asking for additional prayer. Baby seems to be growing quite a bit now and is causing some discomfort for my wife. Went and got everything checked out yesterday and baby is fine. However, she is just pretty uncomfortable lately. Thanks!

Well we are now only 5 weeks away. Wifey is starting to get a bit more uncomfortable which is understandable. On to more frequent appointments. Can't wait to meet this little one.

Enjoy this time. That feeling of having a little life so dependent on you is powerful. Though nothing compares to the raw emotional power of hearing that first cry.

Well, it has been awhile since I have been on here. Been a bit busy...taking care of my new baby girl! God blessed us with a healthy baby girl named Allison Paige. She was born January 20th at 7:03am (as I said, been awhile lol). It was a bit of an ordeal as my wife was admitted to the hospital the Friday before with high blood pressure. They decided to induce her as she was only one week away from the actual due date. Things didn't progress really until early Monday morning. The medicine changed and on top of that, we had to wait for a second dosage of the first medicine as they were short staffed. Being in the hosp as long as we were, it was so nice to come home. Thank you again to everyone who prayed for us along the way. It has truly been a journey with ups and downs and now the result is truly worth it.

I've been thinking a lot about the losses some others have suffered recently. How contrasting and reassuring that this precious new life has been born :) . Let's all work to make sure she grows up in a better, more Christ filled, world than we have!

Random thought: You've probably already used it but is her screen name going to be Dazzle she can be Razzle's Dazzle? :p

Last edited:
Thanks for singing His praises on your little miracle.......I have been through this road but travelled it farther. So happy for you and such a beautiful name for I'm sure such a beautiful little princess. Remember that you and your wife are the parents and do what you feel is the right thing at the right time for your family. So many others out there will have their advice and the way you should do things, but you will know best as God will be there to guide you. If anything crazy comes up and you need someone to check in with, go ahead and feel free to send me a PM.

Blessings and Hugs, "Angel"

I've been thinking a lot about the losses some others have suffered recently. How contrasting and reassuring that this precious new life has been born :) . Let's all work to make sure she grows up in a better, more Christ filled, world than we have!

Random thought: You've probably already used it but is her screen name going to be Dazzle she can be Razzle's Dazzle? :p

May have to use that one. :) Razzle Dazzle was a nickname I had on the baseball team in high school. It would work pretty well though. Lol

Thanks for singing His praises on your little miracle.......I have been through this road but travelled it farther. So happy for you and such a beautiful name for I'm sure such a beautiful little princess. Remember that you and your wife are the parents and do what you feel is the right thing at the right time for your family. So many others out there will have their advice and the way you should do things, but you will know best as God will be there to guide you. If anything crazy comes up and you need someone to check in with, go ahead and feel free to send me a PM.

Blessings and Hugs, "Angel"

Thanks! It was a long and tough road to get her here but now that she is, everything was so worth it and we can both really so how much God truly has His hands in this.

If it isn't too much to ask, I, and am pretty sure my wife would also, appreciate prayers for some family issues going on with my side of the family. It mainly involves my parents but has now trickled to other members of my side of the family. It has pretty much gotten to the point over the past 2-2.5 years that I pretty much don't hear from my parents at all. Really long story. I am struggling with it because I grew up in a Christian household and never thought that something like this could happen between Christian families. I guess Satan really does have a way of working when we least expect it. However, I know that God is using this, somehow, to help me and my wife grow in Him. That being said, it is still hard. I am even struggling with the thought of even inviting them to Allie's dedication.

Well Allie got dedicated this past Sunday. Was great to get up in front of our church family and promise to raise her to love God. Was tough when I looked out and only saw 3 members of my family, my great-aunt, and aunt and uncle. While things are great with my great-aunt, she has said she will stand behind me and my wife no matter what, things are with my other aunt (the one who showed up with my uncle). My parents never showed, or rsvp'd for that matter. I kinda figured that would happen but part of me kinda held onto a little hope that they would show. Well they didn't. They raised me in a Christian home and this is just tough. I got a text from my aunt that my "parents need to meet the baby" and to "make it happen." My parents have made no effort over the past 2 years to have any contact with either my wife or myself. They didn't go to my induction into a National Honor Society because my mom wouldn't be comfortable around my in-laws. My in-laws are Christians. I don't understand the division. I have grown over the past couple years to know that I made a vow to my wife before God to stand by her no matter what. That's what I am doing. We made efforts to keep contact and try to have some sort of relationship. It just comes back to seem that they don't care to. My mom was quoted saying that she is stepping back and away from my wife and I. But then she will complain in front of family members that we never see/talk to them. We have been made to be the "bad guys" in this situation to where we were not invited to my brothers wedding and are now blocked/ignored by a few family members on facebook. I guess bad rumors really do spread like wild-fire.

Sorry to vent so much. Just had to get it off my chest. Please keep us in prayer. I have learned to pray against the evil spirit that is causing these issues. I know God will mend it eventually. It just doesn't help that it still hurts because this my parents/family it is happening with. Sometimes it gets hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel. I know there is though. And I hold hope that someday it will shine brighter than today.

Back