• An abscence from God

Votes: 17 100.0%
  • A lake of fire (with new bodies)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A lake of fire (without new bodies)

• Darkness

• The end of existance (AKA your soul is snuffed out)

• Other (please explain)

• Total voters

Big J

Just curious to hear what everyone believes.  Obviously, there isn't an atheist one, because atheists don't believe in hell.

Wouldent the end of existence count as atheistic? Anyway I voted other, here is what I believe. I believe Hell is seperation from God into a lake of burning sulfer which is pitch black meening no light. I also believe hell was created for the devil and his angels and no human being has to go there because of the free gift of pardon God has provided. Oh yes I believe it will be with new bodies that cannot burn but will last forever in that agonizing heat and seperation.

lol...

You're response doesn't make any sense pop. You believe that hell exists as a lake of burning sulphur, only for satan and his angels, but you believe that humans in hell will suffer in the agonizing heat and separation?

It makes perfect sense. The original purpose of hell was for satan however because people will not accept Yeshua they end up there too when they die. No one has to go to hell it is their choice. Make sense now?

mr pop is very right... God NEVER intended for hell.. or for humans to go there.. then.. stan.. decided to get pridefull.. and he got 1/3 of the angels to follow him..so God created hell.. and case satan and his followers there... it wasnt for man.. untill man sinned... then.. if they did not "look forward" to the crucifixion.. as we "look back" on it.. they were sent to hell.... i am not sure but i think that.. if they "looked forward" then they were sent to something called abrahams busum.. im not really sure about that.. but yeh.. so God would NEVER intend something he loves soo much.. to go to hell.. thats why he sent jesus.. i mean.. how easy.. is it.. to accept jesus? and by doin that.. we evade hell.. thats all God wants for us.. is to spend eternity with him.. would you want your children to suffer? no.. but if they disobey you.. you will punish them.. (no where near the same scale.. but im just makein a point) but i agree with mr pop.. on what hell is... and because God's esence is light.. there will be no light in hell

On the topic of Avrahams bosom allow me explain a bit. The sacrifices that the Jews had only covered sin. In order to go to heaven though you must be cleansed of it. Therefore a temorary heaven called Avrahams Bosom was created until Yeshua came and took captivity (Avrahams bosom) captive. And to avoid the debate of whether or not Jews can still be saved by their old rituals the answer is no. I dont believe Avrahams Bosom even exists anymore. Also I dont think they sacrifice animals anymore anyway.

thanks:) i kinda knew what it was.. but wasnt sure.. i dont believe the jews can still go their either.. it was only temporary.. until jesus came

[b said:
Quote[/b] (mrpopdrinker @ Oct. 06 2003,5:38)]On the topic of Avrahams bosom allow me explain a bit. The sacrifices that the Jews had only covered sin. In order to go to heaven though you must be cleansed of it. Therefore a temorary heaven called Avrahams Bosom was created until Yeshua came and took captivity (Avrahams bosom) captive. And to avoid the debate of whether or not Jews can still be saved by their old rituals the answer is no. I dont believe Avrahams Bosom even exists anymore. Also I dont think they sacrifice animals anymore anyway.
It was actually called sheol(the grave). The greek called it hades(underworld or realm of the dead), and we call it hell(Gehenna). Gehenna was named after the valley of Hinnom near Jerusalem where children were sacrificed by fire to the pagan gods. This is the place of eternal fire, prepared for the devil and his angels and all those who do not believe in God. This is the final and eternal state of the wicked after the resurrection and the last judgement. The people who did evil were seperated from those that were Rightious by a chasm. (read the story of Laz and the rich man. Luke 16:20-31)

Now as for "hell" as it is refered to after Christ, I believe, that it is both, as is taught. It is a lake of fire, but I think the real pain and suffering will be the eternal seperation from God. (2 Thes 1:7-9, Rev 20:14)

Cory

Okay, I voted "other", so here's my explanation.
Hell is eternal separation from God, yes, but it is also a place of eternal torment. I have heard people say "I'm going to hell to be with all of my friends," which is only partially true. Yes, your friends may be in hell as well as you, but you will not notice them-you will be alone. And their fate will be of little concern to you, because you won't exactly have time to sit around and think about what's going on in your friends' eternal life; you will be tormented.
When a person dies, he or she goes to one of two places-heaven or hell-and it is for all eternity. The destination of every individual is decided by a choice-the simple choice to accept Christ's finished work on the Cross of Calvary, and the daily decision to take up your cross and follow Him. The options are heaven to be with God forever in all of His glory and majesty, or hell to be with Satan and to be separated from a holy God.
As the RelientK song says, "The rest is up to you."

Actualy Sheol wasn't hell it was the place where the dead went,before christ died, (bosum of Abraham) and hades isnt technicaly right either, technicaly the greeks place of punishment is called Tarterus. Hades was the relm of the dead (greek version of Sheol).

I belive that the fire talked of in hell will be the guilt that you have when you see God on the day of judgement, and are repulsed from his presence by the sin on you. and the relization that there is no one to blame but yourself
take care and God bless
Rand Nobleblade
Paladin

for me i believe hell to be a combo of a lake of fire and enternal darkness. wow so many intelligent conversation i dont even think i should post my ideas. but, y u keep sayin "satan and his angels" when they arent angels, they are evil filthy demons who try and torment others till they themselves are tormented in hades.

off topic: MY 100 POST WAHOOO
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Atown @ Oct. 07 2003,12:46)]for me i believe hell to be a combo of a lake of fire and enternal darkness. wow so many intelligent conversation i dont even think i should post my ideas. but, y u keep sayin "satan and his angels" when they arent angels, they are evil filthy demons who try and torment others till they themselves are tormented in hades.

off topic: MY 100 POST WAHOOO
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif
Notice I did not use the term angel by it self. I said satans angels. An angel is a messenger so it is not nessecerily Holy. Therfore I am really saying satans messengers although the term by itself is demon agreed.

they used to be angels... satin himslef.. used to be an angel.. lucifer... until his pride came over him.. then he turned wicked

yeah yeah we should all know the story of satans fall, blah blah blah (no offense). one thing that has always iratated me is that people sit there and say satan has been tempting me, when they are totally wrong. now plz read before replying. satan is NOT omni-potent, etc, there for he CANNOT be everywhere past present future like God. however he has his demons do the work for him while he (satan) goes for big fish like pastor jeremiah and swindol.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]yeah yeah we should all know the story of satans fall, blah blah blah (no offense)

umm sorry to offend you atown.. but what you said b4.. sounded liek you were confused... and there might be other people.. who didnt know.. so umm.. b4 you make a comment like
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]u keep sayin "satan and his angels" when they arent angels, they are evil filthy demons

that leads me to believe... you dont htink that satans angels.. are angels at all... so.. im sorry for re-explaining satans fall.... (which i barely did.. i only touched on it)

It is a place of fire and brimstone located in the middle of this physical earth.
The PHYSICAL bodies of the fallen angels and satan are chained there.
However their spirits roam in and on the earth.
Hell is also the temporary abode of men of unwilling spirits that are now asleep.
AT the end, they will be raised in their original flesh and thrown into a place worse than hell:THE LAKE OF FIRE.
i am nothing0.
JESUS IS THE LORD1PRAISE THE LORD1THE LORD YESHUA. AMEN

Back