Accident.

Odale

About an hour ago I got hit by someone who ran a red light.

Im fairly certain my car is totaled - 1996 Volvo 850. The opposite side of the damage had a nice new crease in the body work.

Odale! So glad you are ok. If it is a Volvo and it got totaled it must have been a bad accident. Volvos are usually built like mini-tanks. Praise God you are ok.

I'm fine. Pretty mad, but fine, haha.

Yeah the jeep that hit me spun me around 180 degrees in the intersection and had to get towed away. Volvo definitely builds safe cars.

The funny part is that when I was driving it home I couldn't tell it had been in an accident. It drove so smoothly it was creepy!

I drove it to the insurance office not too long ago and got them on it.

/whew

I'm fine. Pretty mad, but fine, haha.

Yeah the jeep that hit me spun me around 180 degrees in the intersection and had to get towed away. Volvo definitely builds safe cars.

The funny part is that when I was driving it home I couldn't tell it had been in an accident. It drove so smoothly it was creepy!

I drove it to the insurance office not too long ago and got them on it.

/whew

Wow! Makes me want to buy a Volvo!

Well it did get totaled, now we have to find a new one. Hopefully the insurance company for "the offender" won't be hard to deal with.

We went through this over the past year. Us AAA - them Allstate. Both sides were helpful. I found the people on my side a good source of information and advice as we dealt with the other insurance company.

It was a lot easier than I expected - without any shenanigans...so far. We are not quite done with my wife's part, but my part went well.

Still "dealing" with Nationwide.

They offered us what I believe is KBB value for it, but the problem with that is we can't buy a comparable car with that.

-_-

I would just keep driving it personally, and pocket the cash. But I am ghetto like that.

When I put it on a lift at work last weekend I noticed the rear suspension had more clearance in relation to its adjacent wheel (the right side was maybe 1 cm away from the wheel whereas the left was an inch or an inch and a half away).

If I were to take the car as-is, it would cost loads of money to fix that. I really can't just take the money and keep driving it.

Back