Aion Online

I have seen many PvP videos...how is the PvE...I loved WAR but the lacking PvE content made me leave it...is there equally balanced PvP and PvE content?

78%...even though I cannot play it yet...I like counting it down...hehe...

EDIT: 86%

EDIT: 94%

Last edited:
I have seen many PvP videos...how is the PvE...I loved WAR but the lacking PvE content made me leave it...is there equally balanced PvP and PvE content?

Wow lacking PvE content? All I did was PvE really and it was fantastic. All the crazy Lairs and instances. The fantastic public quests and long solo quest chains. Amazing zones to quest through with so much exploring to do...

I think you missed out on a lot if you think the PvE content was lacking.

Wow lacking PvE content? All I did was PvE really and it was fantastic. All the crazy Lairs and instances. The fantastic public quests and long solo quest chains. Amazing zones to quest through with so much exploring to do...

I think you missed out on a lot if you think the PvE content was lacking.

I played the beta and the first month, and many instances could not be accessed, and 90% of the time either the public quests bugged on me or there was no one at the public quest...I see they have fixed many things and added much since then...but I don't have the $15 to drop on another game at the moment...

BTW: 100% done! YAY!

EDIT: Now patching...hehe...

Last edited:
Looks like Guild Wars on the WoW Engine. :p

But seems interesting none the less. When does the English version come out?

Yes it is fun, I finally got my wings on my gladiator, and it adds a whole new dimension, like Cold said i've yet to grind it's been all quests so far, I really like how the quests are done, if you get stuck you can use the help links, or decide to rough it.

I've heard the US version will be in the fall, I think you can already preorder the collectors edition, i'm thinking of doing that, the custom wings are nice.

I am just playing the Chinese Beta to get a feel for the game.
My latency is bad enough to make me think PvP will be difficult at best on a Chinese Server.

Here is to an early fall release in America (thinking October) :)

I am just playing the Chinese Beta to get a feel for the game.
My latency is bad enough to make me think PvP will be difficult at best on a Chinese Server.

Here is to an early fall release in America (thinking October) :)

The collectors edition comes out sept 1st.

I am getting really excited, unfortunately I won't be able to hit it up until very late tomorrow night...but I will be sure to let you all know how the English version beta is...

September 1rst release?
Is that on Aion's official site, or from a gaming company?

I don't trust the game companies 'release guesses'...

Last edited:
I keep logging in to see if it will let me in...hehe... Says 3pm EST...too bad, I have to leave at 2:45pm EST...errr... Watching some videos...this game is really starting to look impressive...

Alrighty...I had about 15 mins to jump on last night...Character Creation was pretty amazing... Definitely at 10 out of 10! Combat was decent, only got to level 2, so not really able to properly rate it... Had a bit of a guild wars feel...which I didn't like at first...but then realized it is a bit different the GWs... Graphics were pretty good...good as EQ2...no...better than WoW...yes... Graphics sits at 8 out of 10 at the moment for me... Alrighty, that is all for now...hopefully get some more time to play later today...

Alrighty...I have about 3 hours put into the game and am now level 6...I am really enjoying the game, and also I have not come across ONE BUG!!! It seems like from what I have seen so far it is a finished game...no features are unusable or everything works like it is suppose to... The combat is very enjoyable and looks great...at first the questing was "eh" for me, until I found the dictionary, I think it is called, and made questing a bit more enjoyable... The combo attacks are great, and you are given many different options for DPS and tanking, not everyone will use the same moves to DPS or tank even if they are the same class...it is awesome! I love the personal store feature, I have obtained some many good items for cheap through people selling items through their store... More to come...

Ready for the coolest invention ever!?!? When you mail something to someone it is fairly instant...BUT if you select the express option. A little ferret will personally deliver the mail to the recipient where ever he/she is in the world. It will actually head out to him and hand deliver it! How sick is that?!?

thanks to Tath for discovering this one.

Also I agree that it is totally bug free as far as I saw in my limited play of 3 hours. I had no real lag, no graphic glitches, no getting hung up on terrain. I was able to map keys easily and the quest tracking was simple yet elegant. Moving and resizing UI elements was smooth. Funny animated emotes are in and working. Some good stuff so far.

I think my only complaint is that the character models are almost too good in detail and graphics where as alot of the ground textures are not. It seems to be a weird clash at times to see such an impressive player model standing on somewhat plain terrain. Now walking through water is perfect and amazing and quite the opposite.

Oh and I love how the idle animations take into account your location. It was raining on us at one point and we auto pulled out these leaf umbrellas. Another time we were stopped in the water and we started splashing and trying to catch fish. lol

So, what's up with all the hate on this game...I have played it for over 3 hours and it is most certainly not an Asian Grinder, and the game is polished and well done, why are people yelling "Asian Grinder" constantly and dis-ing the game so much...it is very good...

Some people just like to hate. Haters always hate.

It happened when WoW was coming out, when AOC was coming out, and when WAR was coming out.

Back