Alcohol

Alcohol - Right or wrong?

• Yes

Votes: 6 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • "All is good in moderation"

• Religious Ceremonies only (Lord's Supper)

• Total voters
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]They dont have mountain dew in England anymore, i think after that thing about it lowering your sperm count

I think it has to do with some antiquated law about caefinating, or is it carbonating citris drinks? I think it has to do with caefinating them. In Canada, we also had a law against it as well. Maybe the issue behind the law was sperm count. More likely a bunch of all-nonknowing beaurocrates trying to run your lives.
tounge.gif

Canada, eh!

I always thought that was just a running joke...But the other day I found it to be true. I was in walmart, when suddenly I turn to find myself face to face(knee?) with a three foot Canadian.

The words out of his mouth were...

"Watch where you're goin', eh."

"Oh..Uh..Sorry man."

You Canadians. You crack me up with your three-footedness and "eh"'s.

Alright, alright, enough already! At least we Canucks have real beer. I think the joke goes "What do Boston and American Beer have in common?" "They're both close to water".
smile.gif
Moving on...

I thought the two stories above were interesting in that drink was used both as a stumbling block AND as a relationship bridge. Something to think about....

For me, there is nothing I enjoy more than a pint o' Kieth's (Nova Scotian ale), a plate of nachos, and company of good friends.
smile.gif

I did the drunken thing quite a while ago, and only on infrequent occasions, and yea, it was pretty silly. Alcohol, like money, has potential to be both good (red wine helps thin the blood and fight cholesteral build up in your arteries) and bad (alchololism). Younger ones: listen to your elders; drinking age limits are there for a reason, so that hopefully by the time you are of age to drink, you'll be wise enough to drink responsibly.

On a lighter note, here are a couple of quotes that I thought were funny/relevant:

Ecclesiastes 8:15 - So I commend the enjoyment of life, because nothing is better for a man under the sun than to eat and drink and be glad. Then joy will accompany him in his work all the days of the life God has given him under the sun.

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

I think FIF put it best in their song...

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Welcome to Canada, it's the Maple Leaf State.
Canada, oh Canada it's great!
The people are nice and they speak French too.
If you don't like it, man, you sniff glue.
The Great White North, their kilts are plaid,
Hosers take off, it's not half bad.
I want to be where yaks can run free,
Where Royal Mounties can arrest me.
Let's go to Canada, let's leave today,
Canada, oh, Canada, I Si Vous Plait.
They've got trees, and mooses, and sled dogs,
Lots of lumber, and lumberjacks, and logs!
We all think it's kind of a drag,
That you have to go there to get milk in a bag.
They say "eh?" instead of "what?" or "duh?"
That's the mighty power of Canada.
I want to be where lemmings run into the sea,
Where the marmosets can attack me.
Please, please, explain to me,
How this all has come to be,
We forgot to mention something here.
Did we say that William Shatner is a native citizen?
And Slurpees made from venison,
That's deer.

I thought it was Mellow Yellow that was rumored to lower sperm counts
*shrugs and drinks his water*
sry but since im 16 and I don't think it'd be smart to say if I've had a drink or not so yea =) funny canuck thing rizz.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Zealot @ Dec. 18 2003,6:21)]I thought it was Mellow Yellow that was rumored to lower sperm counts
*shrugs and drinks his water*
sry but since im 16 and I don't think it'd be smart to say if I've had a drink or not so yea =) funny canuck thing rizz.
lol... i think you stated that you have drank before...

oh well... sall good. whats the legal age where you are?

after living in Canada for the last three years, I've noticed that the society up here really is based on beer. best commercials are beer, everyone drinks, kinda like Australia. as a ministerial student, I of course don't drink...and everyone I knows tell me it tastes like it smells (which is close to horse urine...)...so that's my reason not to drink.

Back