An idea for funding

Tek7 (Legacy)

CGA & ToJ President
After this last incident with the vBulletin license coming due and being short on cash, I had an epiphany: If three people donated $5 a month to the CGA, we'd have enough to cover our yearly expenses. An extra person donating $5 would help us build a surplus fund for printing flyers, resources for local get-togethers, and so on.

So, if you're willing to pledge $5 a month, e-mail me at tek7 AT cgalliance DOT org. If three people commit, I'll upgrade the CGA Paypal account and send requests to those three people for monthly donations.

I recently discovered Paypal's "Subscriptions & Recurring Payments" tool after upgrading the Tribe of Judah Paypal account. It turns out the CGA Paypal account was already equipped for monthly donations.

I'll be putting together a very basic page for those wishing to donate a set amount to the Christian Gamers Alliance each month. If we can get three or four people to donate $5 a month, we're good to go.

five measly bucks for an unmodded forum? Sorry, but... some of the posts by unnamed individuals made it necessary. Now, twelve bucks, on the other hand...

I'll start a monthly pledge soon. I gotta let my funding recover from the Christmas spendapalooza before I pitch it to the wife. ;)

/bump

The Christian Gamers Alliance bank account is down to $18.26 USD. We have enough to cover hosting for March, but not for April.

/bump

The available balance for the Christian Gamers Alliance is now down to $8.31 USD. This is not enough to cover our cost for the next month of web hosting.

Transfers from Paypal accounts to bank accounts take 3 to 4 business days, so we are currently in urgent need of a donation of at least $5 USD. You all know how much I loathe talking about money, but I don't want the forums to go offline.

If it comes down to it, I'll donate the $5 USD, but my budget is really tight right now; I'd greatly appreciate it if someone could spare a few dollars to help cover web hosting.

/bump

Still looking for three donors to donate $5 USD per month. Fifteen dollars a month would cover all our expenses, as listed in previous posts. A fourth monthly donor would help build a surplus fund for promotional materials, which in turn help promote the Christian Gamers Alliance in local areas.

EDIT: CGA financial accounts status updated.

HCS plans to donate using a form other than Paypal, meaning that we still need at least $5 to cover next month's hosting. The CGA bank account is sitting at $9.23 USD, which is insufficient to cover next month's hosting. In other words, if we do not receive a donation within the next few weeks, the CGA forums will go offline.

If you wish to donate, please send your donation via Paypal to donations AT cgalliance DOT org.

EDIT: Click here for more information about donating to the Christian Gamers Alliance.

I admit I'm a bit frustrated by the lack of financial support in the community. I've done my best not to "rattle a tin cup," and I certainly appreciate the generous donations of the few people who have stepped up to support this community. I also know that many of our forum members can't afford to support these forums, as some are either high school or college students or going through a difficult financial period.

Still, it's upsetting that with over 1,200 registered members, I have to keep taking time to make "emergency calls" for donations. Fifteen dollars a month would cover all of our costs (including our domain registration, which is coming due May 11), so if you have disposable income, please consider pledging a monthly donation of $5. If four people pledged $5 a month (which would give us $18.20 USD a month after Paypal fees), we could easily cover our expenses.

UPDATE: I sent $5 from my personal funds to the CGA Paypal account. This will bring the total to $13.78. After Go Daddy withdraws for the next month of web hosting, we'll be back to not having enough money to cover the next month unless donations come in.

Last edited:
Back